PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Tips

DaKing240
07-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I have been playing the game, and been trying to get the full 1000 on it. However, I thought that it would be useful to share some tips and pointers regarding the game, since this isn't the easiest game to get achievements on.

Start the game on Hard. It seems that some of the achievements only unlock on Hard (or perhaps when you get a S ranking), so don't bother using Easy or Normal. Go straight for the Hard, and you will be able to get more money.
Save after every mission. The game does not allow you to replay missions and earn achievements. So, instead of playing through the game 100 times, I suggest saving after each mission. When you complete the game, you can go back, load up the save, and earn the achievement you missed.
Pay attention to dialogue. Some of the achievements call for you helping other members of your team. I would check some of the threads on xbox.com (http://forums.xbox.com/13931907/ShowPost.aspx), since they provide better details on when you need to help others, and how to prepare.I will post more details as soon I start unlocking more achievements. Good luck all

Fenrir767
07-22-2007, 04:07 PM
If your going for all of the acheivements go through the game on easy first. It 's not possible to get the 10,000 kill or the gigaton on one play through same thing with weapon lord. So start the game on easy and get the gear you need to kick ass then go to hard or through normal if you want. The only acheivement I had to do on hard was the Night Ravens one. Although I'm sure you can get it on any difficulty you just need to kill wipe them out every time same thing for the hellfires and roses. On hard you get it the first try

DaKing240
07-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Seriously... grr, let me run through easy afterward...

Fenrir767
07-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Ya I'm on my like 6th play through now at about 7k kill and 530 militons

DaKing240
07-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I didn't know that I had to do everything on the same save, so I am now on my 3rd time playing, 2nd time on this save. I may try to beat the game one more time tonight

Fenrir767
07-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Ya its a little rough. Hopefully by sometime this week I'll finish it.

RupturedRapture
07-23-2007, 10:21 PM
What wepons would you guys recomend to get through missions easy? Im new to the game and the wepon building is a little overwhelming

Fenrir767
07-24-2007, 04:28 AM
Just go through the game on easy using the recommended weapons they'll get you through. Some of them are ridiculous when you get the cauldron rockets you'll kick the crap out of ships and enemy aces if you use the time stop easily.

Fenrir767
07-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Oh Yeah I'm at my 8th run through now. Currently at almost 8,000 kills ad 6,000 mliitons meaning about 4 more times for me to get what I need for all the achievements.

XeonMasta
07-24-2007, 09:13 PM
i love this game. But the achivements is HARD. This is a 9/10 or maybe even a 10...

Fenrir767
07-25-2007, 01:36 AM
the acheivements aren't hard just long I will probably have the 10,000 kills tomorrow. Then it just the gigaton one which will be like 2 more playthroughs after that.

XeonMasta
07-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Yeah. I do have 1000 in oblivion. So i know timeconsuming when i hear it. :)

Fenrir767
07-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Well I just completed my 8th clear of the game 9300 kills and 720 militons about so 3 more play throughs.

XeonMasta
07-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Is it hard to 1000 this one? Cuz i just played like 3 levels. And at my friends house.

The Robxp
08-07-2007, 08:23 PM
not really just the 10 000 kills, 1 Gigaton, and TCAF Pilot's commendation will take quite a few playthroughs to recieve, all of the others you'll probaly have after your second playthrough

DarqStalker
10-13-2007, 10:56 PM
How long is an average playthrough. Of course the 1st play will be the longest, as you are learning the game. But after that, on average how long does it take?

11 playthroughs is like o.O

o0EVIL0o x360a
11-02-2007, 06:11 PM
I would like to know this as well. 11 Playthroughs at 10 hours apiece equals NO!! If you can get the time down to like 2 hours per playthrough, that's a different story.

M85A21
01-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Start the game on easy as you can rack up 1.2K Kills and 100Mt each time. You also recieve some free weapons on Easy some are extremly helpful.
I am now doing it on HARD and have S ranked every mission except the last 3.
Buy the laser that costs like 150 K it mounts on your left hand side of the ship, on Hard this makes the Ace fights easy as 1 hit kills, I finished Fighting Margras on Hard in 2.2 seconds with it, as it also has homing capabilities.
Buy the Maelstrom Bomb as soon as possible, 1 hit will Kill any Warship apart from the S class Battlestation ships, they take 2.
But the good thing about the Maelstrom is that you can hit a cruiser with it and when it implodes, it damages/kills everything in a 6M Radius.
This means as it implodes then explodes you can get maybe 30-70Kills on Warplanes surrounding you.

KellyNUTS
11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
So howd u guys go? Any1 in this thread end up getting the 1000/1000?

LanEvo
06-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Thank you all for the tips. I'm currently on my first playthrough on easy, i will not even bother getting any of the achievements until my second, seems it will be a lot easier then. I'll just try to get good at it for now.

thanks

Garm 16
09-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Um......
Which mission do you get the Furious Pursuit Badge?
Mr. Fenrir forgot to put the mission # on the guide lol

LanEvo
09-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Um......
Which mission do you get the Furious Pursuit Badge?
Mr. Fenrir forgot to put the mission # on the guide lol

You should get this one after killing every single damned enemy on the level 9 (Abandoned Planet). Don't bother trying this one until you have the Long Spear, that will make it a lot easier.

My tip to all of you trying any achievement that must be done on a specific level such as the furious pursuit, or the gigaton one, is to ignore everything else :P

I mean, if if you need to beat the 14th level on hard to get the achievement, kill yourself on every other level (after 3 deaths, you have the option to skip the level entirely).

Important! When you reach the desired level, do it without dying. You won't get S rating if you use the retry option. If shit happens and you die, takeoff again, don't retry, or else you won't get the achievement.

For the 1 gigaton, skip every level except 12 (impending chaos) and 15 (Into The Light). There are multiple S Battleships on both of these levels (on 12 make sure you kill the first S Battleship quickly, to make the second appear).

It is really quicker die 3 times and skip than is playing to whole damn thing just to reach the S Battleships, which are the only ones that really matter towards the Gigaton achievement.

The first level is the only one that you should have problems to suicide, but there are rocks nearby you can crash towards. This one might be easier to play normally, but every other there are rocks or ships you can hit to die fast.

That was a tough 1k. I enjoyed the game, but 14 playthroughs was too much, i hope i never see it again :P

S3M
09-28-2009, 10:11 AM
You should get this one after killing every single damned enemy on the level 9 (Abandoned Planet). Don't bother trying this one until you have the Long Spear, that will make it a lot easier.

Agree about using the Long Spear, but as I mentioned in the furious pursuit thread in order to get this acheviement you need to get the kill the enemies quickly sub-objective, you need to defeat all the enemies in around or under 5 minutes in the first part of the mission.

I killed every enemy in the mission and didn't get it.

LanEvo
10-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Agree about using the Long Spear, but as I mentioned in the furious pursuit thread in order to get this acheviement you need to get the kill the enemies quickly sub-objective, you need to defeat all the enemies in around or under 5 minutes in the first part of the mission.

I killed every enemy in the mission and didn't get it.

Oh, sorry about the misinformation there. Since i got it first time with Long Spear (around 4th or 5th playthrough) i didn't notice there was a time issue.

One more tip to everyone. This is going to sound silly, dumb and obvious, but i did not notice it until very late in the game, so maybe there are people out there who may suffer from this:

hold the left bumper long enough to lock on multiple enemies, or multiple missiles on a single enemy. This is the best way to kill enemy fighters and critical to down enemy aces.

In my first few playthroughs i would let go the left bumper as soon as i had one enemy locked, and would shoot a single missile into him. I don't know why i didn't do it the right way right away, and this dumbness made it a lot longer for me than it should be...

When i got Long Spear, normally i only shoot when i have all 60 missiles locked on something. Also you can down a Destroyer with around 35-40 missiles locked, so it really makes your life easier.

S3M
10-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh, sorry about the misinformation there. Since i got it first time with Long Spear (around 4th or 5th playthrough) i didn't notice there was a time issue.

No worries, it's just that trying to get that achievement nearly drove me mad and I wouldn't want anyone else to go through that. Also nowhere I've seen on the net lists how to unlock the achievement correctly, which didn't help, plus I was doing it on hard.

Hence the reason I'm thing of writing a road map for this game as much of the information on the net just isn't correct for this game.

cassetto
12-09-2009, 12:22 PM

My tip to all of you trying any achievement that must be done on a specific level such as the furious pursuit, or the gigaton one, is to ignore everything else :P

I mean, if if you need to beat the 14th level on hard to get the achievement, kill yourself on every other level (after 3 deaths, you have the option to skip the level entirely).

Important! When you reach the desired level, do it without dying. You won't get S rating if you use the retry option. If shit happens and you die, takeoff again, don't retry, or else you won't get the achievement.

For the 1 gigaton, skip every level except 12 (impending chaos) and 15 (Into The Light). There are multiple S Battleships on both of these levels (on 12 make sure you kill the first S Battleship quickly, to make the second appear).

It is really quicker die 3 times and skip than is playing to whole damn thing just to reach the S Battleships, which are the only ones that really matter towards the Gigaton achievement.

The first level is the only one that you should have problems to suicide, but there are rocks nearby you can crash towards. This one might be easier to play normally, but every other there are rocks or ships you can hit to die fast.

That was a tough 1k. I enjoyed the game, but 14 playthroughs was too much, i hope i never see it again :P

ahhhhhhhhhhrhhhhhhh i didn't know that i can skip levels! i miss only 1 gigaton and i am 770million tons. i have done 10 complete playthrough!!! damn!!!!

thanks man!!!

Doominatorx6
05-17-2010, 07:04 PM
That level skip trick might work for that damned gigaton achievement. I'm sitting at about 300 megatons after 3 playthroughs and theres no way im playing 9 more times lol.

Approximately how much megatons is each S battleship worth?