PDA

View Full Version : Does your game take forever to load?

Purple Hooter
09-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Past 3 times I tried to load the game up from my harddrive, it took over 3 minutes as I stared at a black screen. Eventually turned my system off and on the 4th time, I just let it sit and it seriously took over 5 minutes for the game to just start up and for me to see the CAPCOM logo.

I am not sure if xbox live is f-ed up today or something because it is taking me a solid 2 minutes just to see my dashboard after turning my system on

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
1. For the RE4 loading-screen, yeah like 3-5 seconds max. :p

(Nope haven't occured to me so far, eveything is fine.)

2. About XBL, same here, blame GEARS OF WAR 3!

Purple Hooter
09-21-2011, 05:05 PM
thanks for the quick reply. I figured it was due to gears 3, I am part of that crew, lol.

I just had to start RE4! Dont know why the hell it takes so long to load

OptimumJay
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
I have to say it loads up alot quicker than my old PS2 version :P

A ZombieTwinkie
09-21-2011, 05:21 PM

Hah, yea. It definitely loads up quicker than the PS2 and Gamecube version.

OT- I hadn't noticed any long loading times. Mine loaded right up.

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 05:30 PM

Yeah it sure does but there're also a looot more Ganados than on my PS2 or NGC.

Hawaiian
09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
There was a service alert on Xbox Live today. I think that caused the long loading times.

Trombonafide
09-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah it sure does but there're also a looot more Ganados than on my PS2 or NGC.

Ok, I'm glad it wasn't just me. This game feels somewhat more difficult on the "Normal" setting than it did back on the GameCube.

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Ok, I'm glad it wasn't just me. This game feels somewhat more difficult on the "Normal" setting than it did back on the GameCube.

Haha yeah I've noticed so too. Already looking forward to PRO.

PC_GFWL_GAMER
09-21-2011, 10:22 PM
IMO long loading times are usually a sign your Hard Drive has corrupt sectors & is failing......this has happened to me this year on a brand new Jan 2011 X360S at least 4 times!!!

All you can do is reformat & reinstall your games again from disc so now I keep all saves & the NXE on an MS approved Corsair 8GB Flashdrive..... (pop the hardrive then the NXE installs to the Flashdrive & loads up faster than the HD. After its finished power off the 360 put the HD back in & hey presto its unlikely to ever corrupt the flashdrive & your profile(s))!!!!

Cyano Khaar
09-22-2011, 03:53 AM
I haven't had any issues. The loading screen usually pops up for about 1-2 seconds when I load my game, and pops up for less than a second to go through a door.

Then again, I am running on a 360 Slim from October of 2010, so it's a pretty new hard drive and console.

The load times are super speedy for me. Definitely an improvement over the disc based versions of Resi 4.