PDA

View Full Version : Auramancer. OP?

Sonoki
09-21-2011, 10:01 PM
The new auramancer deck is so powerful i can't believe its in the game. how am i suposed to counter that OPness?

Shin Hitokiri
09-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Jace's Illusion deck works best against it...simply focus on counter spelling canopy cover, sacred wolf, and silhana ledgewalker. Everything else he enchants just wait until he drops at least two or three enchantments on it and then bounce the creature back with either repulse or an Aether Adept to it's hand. All enchantments go to the graveyard...You can also Sower of Temptation/ Mind Control/ Bribery something with a lot of enchantments or a Gnarlid. If all else fails Culture Exchange can exchange hexproof creatures since it targets the player.

G0LDENEYE 006
09-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Yes it is overpowered and the best solution is what was said above.

The problem with AM is they usually get stuck with all enchants or all creatures. That is why playing 2x AM in 2-headed is ridiculous.

Shinobi273
09-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Jace's Illusion deck works best against it...simply focus on counter spelling canopy cover, sacred wolf, and silhana ledgewalker. Everything else he enchants just wait until he drops at least two or three enchantments on it and then bounce the creature back with either repulse or an Aether Adept to it's hand. All enchantments go to the graveyard...You can also Sower of Temptation/ Mind Control/ Bribery something with a lot of enchantments or a Gnarlid. If all else fails Culture Exchange can exchange hexproof creatures since it targets the player.

Bribery wouldn't work so well, it takes it from opponent's library right? I haven't had a chance to use it yet but that is what I remember from reading it.

You don't have to counter canopy cover if you can repulse the target creature being enchanted.

I was able to beat 3x jace with auramancer but it really requires the right draw and right schemes.

shinobigarth
09-27-2011, 08:34 PM
you mean Ajani's deck right? i totally destroyed it with the Vampire deck, have you tried that?

Kiora Atua's deck is the one i hate the most. its really OP. she has 4 or 5 mythic rares (the most of any deck i believe) and at least two have Annihilator 4, plus the giant octopus one taps like 8 perms whenever it attacks. so friggin cheap, especially when the computer seems to keep handing her all the mythics, and since she is a ramp deck she can play them all the time. i wanna punch her in the face so hard.

HojgaardJonas
10-06-2011, 03:31 PM
you mean Ajani's deck right? i totally destroyed it with the Vampire deck, have you tried that?

Kiora Atua's deck is the one i hate the most. its really OP. she has 4 or 5 mythic rares (the most of any deck i believe) and at least two have Annihilator 4, plus the giant octopus one taps like 8 perms whenever it attacks. so friggin cheap, especially when the computer seems to keep handing her all the mythics, and since she is a ramp deck she can play them all the time. i wanna punch her in the face so hard.

Even with Sorin? I found that playing aggressive against her works the best. Koth or Sorin are great at getting a lot of creatures on the field early in the game.

xCGIx PUNISHER
10-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Bottom line is that every deck has a weakness. No deck is overpowered in my opinion. The only thing that is close to being overpowered is Ancient Depths in THG, but even then I've been beaten many times using that deck against opponents using something else.

Cav Clayton
10-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Not overpowered. Just really hard to stop once it gets going, but if it never does, you wreck it. If there were more enchantment removal in the game it would be a lower tier deck than what it is.

It reminds me a lot of Ancient Depths. Really strong, but if it doesn't get the right hand, you're fucked.

Miles Prower F6
10-14-2011, 03:30 AM
The mono blue deck will go through the green/white and the green/blue deck.

(for the green/white deck)Aside from trying to prevent something from being hexproof, you should remember that you don't always have to bounce the creature. Sometimes you can just bounce the aura back to weaken it, pulling the carpet out from under its feet right into your defenders. That's especially useful if something hexproof does end up on the field.

shinobigarth
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
It reminds me a lot of Ancient Depths. Really strong, but if it doesn't get the right hand, you're fucked.
exactly. when i use Ancient Depths, ill be lucky to see one of the legendaries through the whole game even when i have the mana to pay for one. when the computer uses it, it somehow draws all of them back to back every single time. at least in the Kiora revenge match anyway. the computer seriously cheats hardcore.