PDA

View Full Version : Will I have enough room on my 4GB Slim Model?

TVthePunisher
09-22-2011, 05:15 AM
I don't have any flashdrives that are actually bigger than 3.3 gigs...but I was wondering if I tried to move everything from the console to these pathetic flashdrives if I would have enough room on the base console itself to store Resident Evil 4. I know it's 3.59 Gigs but I'm not sure how much space will be taken up by the system required stuff (since you never get the full gigs out of anything).

Basically...should I shell out 20 bucks for a flashdrive beforehand or will I be able to squeeze it on the console somehow?

Cyano Khaar
09-22-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm almost positive it wont fit. It's 3.7GB I believe.

Might want to invest in a hard drive.

FAkingWEEtardED
09-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Best bet is to just buy a used hard drive from Gamestop. That's what I did when I bought an arcade. I didn't want the gloss model (ironically that's been discontinued) and well 250gb is a waste on my xbox. I only play 1 or 2 games at a time and delete everything once I know a game is completed.

I payed around $70 for the hard drive (120gb) and tools from Ace Hardware. You'll need a T6 and T10 I think to open the old hard drive. FYI dropped a 2.5" hard drive into the back of a slim model is a real PIA without the case that the standard 250gb comes with.

TakahashiDemon
09-22-2011, 01:02 PM
It won't fit.. how do you use a 4GB anyways? that seems like it'll go within a few game saves.

TVthePunisher
09-22-2011, 02:24 PM
It won't fit.. how do you use a 4GB anyways? that seems like it'll go within a few game saves.

Surprisingly, it holds quite a lot! I had over 300 saves from Oblivion that only massed to about a gig, but most everything else is just a few MB =) though arcade games that are over a gig I play, finish, then remove from the console so I have room for other stuff. But I can fit a lot of saves and plenty of smaller, 40+ mb arcade games on it.