PDA

View Full Version : Sexist Fifa

dj115
09-22-2011, 09:11 AM
I never knew this till the other day but how sexist EA our to women i have a 5 year old girl who is training to play xbox lol but she wanted to play fifa and asked to create a character i said ok no problem and was shocked to find that you can not create a female character now i knw womens football is not as popular as mens but it is still a market to benefit from i jus hope this is a problem they can fix. let me knw wat you think x

Oliv3rP
09-22-2011, 09:39 AM
its a fifa regulation that women cant play in a mens professional league... its not sexist at all...its great that you wanna teach your daughter equality and all that but that really isnt the case here

bbss
09-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Try using cristiano ronaldo :Angel

xTGMx INF3RNO
09-22-2011, 10:35 AM
fifa is a mens game thats why :L no women teams.

dj115
09-22-2011, 01:05 PM
i mean i knw all that but jus thought you could at least have it jus on creation for kick off mode or something i knw they hav jus bought it in for NHL 12 didn really wanna see my girl upset im all for it but mayb thought they could hav a sub game for girls like fifa girls arcade as a seperate market i knw they don't hav a massive database mayb its jus one of those things i never noticed it until my girl wanted to play, im sure there is loads of girls and women out there who play fifa jus suprised nothin has ever come of it

xTGMx INF3RNO
09-22-2011, 01:51 PM
I understand where your coming from. But it just wuddnt work in a fifa franchise UNLESS they added womens leagues ect.

Grey Delta
09-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Female leagues would never work in Fifa. I'd spend too much time abusing the impact engine trying to get players sent off with breast strains and groin pulls.

NinjaSheep2
09-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Try using cristiano ronaldo :Angel

Genius . . . . . . . . :biglaugh

stevieboi
09-23-2011, 12:09 PM
I've noticed this before and like the others say it would only be possible if there was a womens league in the game... but I also think there should be a womens league and think it would potentially attract more girls to the franchise which would be a win win situation for ŁEAŁ.

Also if you look at some of the leagues in the game can you think of any leagues which have teams you'd never use or wouldn't miss if they swapped one for a womens league. (IMO think EA could swap one for a womens league)

Womens football is also on the up and being televised more often than it used too so the league would certainly have some followers.

If a league isn't created then female pros should be added in the Fifa franchise just like they where in NHL

Morbido
09-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I've noticed this before and like the others say it would only be possible if there was a womens league in the game... but I also think there should be a womens league and think it would potentially attract more girls to the franchise which would be a win win situation for ŁEAŁ.

Also if you look at some of the leagues in the game can you think of any leagues which have teams you'd never use or wouldn't miss if they swapped one for a womens league. (IMO think EA could swap one for a womens league)

Womens football is also on the up and being televised more often than it used too so the league would certainly have some followers.

If a league isn't created then female pros should be added in the Fifa franchise just like they where in NHL

Why does it have to have a womens legue in the game for it to be possible?

Last time I checked this was a computer game with no real link to real life football. I dont see why you cant make a virtual female player to play alongside 10 other virtual players.

Its not like people are demanding that each premier league team has x amount of female players playing for them.

Males play games females play games, if their is an option to create yourself both sexes should be catered for. Just my take on things.

"Also if you look at some of the leagues in the game can you think of any leagues which have teams you'd never use or wouldn't miss if they swapped one for a womens league."

Yes I can. The SPL

djrapperz
09-23-2011, 05:09 PM
I never knew this till the other day but how sexist EA our to women i have a 5 year old girl who is training to play xbox lol but she wanted to play fifa and asked to create a character i said ok no problem and was shocked to find that you can not create a female character now i knw womens football is not as popular as mens but it is still a market to benefit from i jus hope this is a problem they can fix. let me knw wat you think x
I agree with u hun. I am female and its so unfair. They probably think girls cant play well tell ya im just as good as some of the top players lol

bbss
09-23-2011, 06:38 PM
i want robots and hobbits*

*messi doesn't count

Minty
09-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Last time I checked this was a computer game with no real link to real life football. I dont see why you cant make a virtual female player to play alongside 10 other virtual players.

There's a reason why EA pay millions of dollars for all the licenses and player likenesses- they want to make the most realistic game they can. If they don't follow the FIFA rules, they may as well just leave out the offside rule or something.

I'm sure they've done the maths on whether paying for female licenses would be cost effective, and found out that it wouldn't be.

It's not sexist...it's the way of the world. Some things just are the way they are. Doesn't make it sexist, just makes it realistic.

You don't see people asking for custom women characters in Madden when there's female American Football leagues.

dj115
09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
I agree with u hun. I am female and its so unfair. They probably think girls cant play well tell ya im just as good as some of the top players lol

Like i said above i knw alot of female gamers who are actually good at fifa like i said before the womens leagues may not have the biggest database but the world cup was a massive sucess on tv etc whats wrong with starting off with internationals wasnt that how fifa was started originally thanx for agreeing its one of those subjects that can go 50-50

dj115
09-24-2011, 10:38 AM
i want robots and hobbits*

*messi doesn't count

isn't that PES lol

dj115
09-24-2011, 10:40 AM
There's a reason why EA pay millions of dollars for all the licenses and player likenesses- they want to make the most realistic game they can. If they don't follow the FIFA rules, they may as well just leave out the offside rule or something.

I'm sure they've done the maths on whether paying for female licenses would be cost effective, and found out that it wouldn't be.

It's not sexist...it's the way of the world. Some things just are the way they are. Doesn't make it sexist, just makes it realistic.

You don't see people asking for custom women characters in Madden when there's female American Football leagues.

I agree with ya m8 it was jus hard to see my 5 year old get upset cause she couldn make herself a character to play football i mean thats what they have bought in to NHL jus the character at least that would b a start

Mark96
09-25-2011, 07:59 AM
To be faiir, I kind of see the point. It is only a computer game and it's not like EA haven't included females in "male" games before. You can create a female player in NHL 12, so why not FIFA?

Minty
09-25-2011, 08:15 AM
To be faiir, I kind of see the point. It is only a computer game and it's not like EA haven't included females in "male" games before. You can create a female player in NHL 12, so why not FIFA?

Because a woman called Manon Rheaume played part of a game for an NHL team. There was no rule against it. And because EA, in my opinion, wrongly caved to a 12 year old girl that complained.

Mark96
09-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Because a woman called Manon Rheaume played part of a game for an NHL team. There was no rule against it. And because EA, in my opinion, wrongly caved to a 12 year old girl that complained.

Valid point. However, I don't see how it would hurt for the option to be famale player to be in the game. Even if it's for offline play only. That way women could buy FIFA games and to some extent have the same feeling of building up a pro as everyone else.

stevieboi
09-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Valid point. However, I don't see how it would hurt for the option to be famale player to be in the game. Even if it's for offline play only. That way women could buy FIFA games and to some extent have the same feeling of building up a pro as everyone else.

It certainly couldn't hurt the game franchise in any way and if it was only for pro clubs/ranked match then Fifa wouldn't have to buy any female licensing I think lol.