PDA

View Full Version : Missing Sections On Easy?

Jaques9843
09-22-2011, 11:02 AM
In one of the threads for tips I read a something that I didn't know and was hoping for some clarification from some of you RE4 pros. Here's the quote:

"- I recommend starting on Normal even if this is your first time playing the game as on the easy setting you miss fairly large sections of the game."

I had no idea about this can someone please tell me about these sections like where they are and what I've been missing? I've been through the game on the Gamecube, PS2 and Wii but I've always been more about the atmosphere and didn't want to get aggrivated by a potential hassle difficulty-wise but when I go through this on the 360, if this is the case I will definitely play on normal. It's just been so long since I've been through the game I'd like to know what to look out for when it comes to new areas (new for me, anyways).

GamerBug UK
09-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Two areas that spring to mind that you don't encounter on easy are the gardens in the castle (where the dogs are) and the clock tower in the castle (instead of going inside you skip it and just go around as the puzzle is already solved).

Not sure about other areas I think that's it though, hope that helps.

I'm basing this on easy mode on PS2 which skipped those parts.

Jaques9843
09-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Do you have to do anything special to get easy mode because I clearly remember both of those parts, which leads me to believe I played the game on normal then.

OptimumJay
09-22-2011, 12:29 PM
On the UK versions Easy is available from the start but it seems to be cut out from the US versions of the game

TakahashiDemon
09-22-2011, 12:49 PM
To my knowledge of me playing, my BF says he had to fight 2 Chainsaw guys at the start (in house and in the starter village bit) and I didn't have to fight any there, so far I've only ever fight one, I could have fight the Bella Sisters but took the easy route and killed the El Gigante with a rocket launcher (1 hit).

I've been playing in Easy setting so I guess it lessens those guys?

GamerBug UK
09-22-2011, 01:07 PM
To my knowledge of me playing, my BF says he had to fight 2 Chainsaw guys at the start (in house and in the starter village bit) and I didn't have to fight any there, so far I've only ever fight one, I could have fight the Bella Sisters but took the easy route and killed the El Gigante with a rocket launcher (1 hit).

I've been playing in Easy setting so I guess it lessens those guys?

You don't have to fight either of them on any setting, though both are there on easy as well as normal hard etc if you want to fight them.

If you avoid the house with the shotgun you never have to fight that one, if you don't try to run to the exit (that leads to the farm) during the village fight, you never have to fight the second one that is guarding that door. Each has a different reward for killing them (one is a jewel and the other is something like 10000mst), with the jewel being for the first you kill no matter which one it is (I believe).

I think it might be the case that if you make the house Dr Salvador appear first the other one isn't there, but I could be dreaming that.

As stated if you are playing in the US there is no option for easy, so you'd have played the entire game (easy also give you the shotgun from the start, so it's a good indication if you are playing on easy).

TakahashiDemon
09-22-2011, 01:23 PM
You don't have to fight either of them on any setting, though both are there on easy as well as normal hard etc if you want to fight them.

If you avoid the house with the shotgun you never have to fight that one, if you don't try to run to the exit (that leads to the farm) during the village fight, you never have to fight the second one that is guarding that door. Each has a different reward for killing them (one is a jewel and the other is something like 10000mst), with the jewel being for the first you kill no matter which one it is (I believe).

I think it might be the case that if you make the house Dr Salvador appear first the other one isn't there, but I could be dreaming that.

As stated if you are playing in the US there is no option for easy, so you'd have played the entire game (easy also give you the shotgun from the start, so it's a good indication if you are playing on easy).

I know I'm playing on Easy as I selected it.. (I'm rubbish at shooters), btw can anyone answer this? I see in some videos that the player has more health available and I read up if you combine all herbs, that increases your max health? Just wanna check with this before I end up doing it and seeing it was just a rumor.

TVthePunisher
09-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes, in order to increase your max health you need to combine the game's unique yellow herb with a green herb (or other mixture, such as with a red herb as well so while increasing your health you also get a full heal from it) and use it. It increases a little bit each time...if you notice there's a white bar on the health meter where you can see the meter seem to progress after that, the white bar moves as you use yellow herbs thus giving you more health. When it reaches the very end of the meter...you have the max health.

The same can be done for Ashley, though...it's probably only recommended if you have spare yellow herbs to use on her (focus on Leon). And in subsequent playthroughs after completing Separate Ways, if you run through on a new game on a different difficulty and have her wear the Suit of Armor, then ALL yellow herbs can be focused on Leon.

Basically...if you ever come across a yellow herb, immediately combine it with a green herb. Wait until you're in the yellow on health or possibly in the red, then use it. It's also smart to wait until you're in the flashing red and use a Yellow+Green+Red Herb combination so you restore all your health like a first aid spray (but with the extra benefit of also increasing your max health). Needless to say, when you have max health...yellow herbs can just be sold or used on Ashley (as they lack any healing properties on their own and with max health, combining them with a green herb offers no real benefits).

GamerBug UK
09-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I know I'm playing on Easy as I selected it.. (I'm rubbish at shooters), btw can anyone answer this? I see in some videos that the player has more health available and I read up if you combine all herbs, that increases your max health? Just wanna check with this before I end up doing it and seeing it was just a rumor.

Combining Red, Yellow and Green will both completely restore health and upgrade your health slightly.

I'm going by memory on the next part but I think (but this may be very wrong) that just yellow and green will also give the health upgrade.

There are more than enough of the yellow herbs around to upgrade it as far as it goes throughout the game. I think (but again I may be wrong) that you can't actually use the upgrade herb combos unless you have taken some damage.

TVthePunisher
09-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Combining Red, Yellow and Green will both completely restore health and upgrade your health slightly.

I'm going by memory on the next part but I think (but this may be very wrong) that just yellow and green will also give the health upgrade.

There are more than enough of the yellow herbs around to upgrade it as far as it goes throughout the game. I think (but again I may be wrong) that you can't actually use the upgrade herb combos unless you have taken some damage.

You can combine it with just a green herb, no problem and also going on memory here...I believe you can use them EVEN if you're at full health. I would only recommend doing that if you need to pick something up and don't have room in your inventory for it (and need to get rid of something). Even then...I'd just get rid of some spare ammo or something, using a Yellow Herb + any combination is recommended when you're damaged (never know when you'll need it, best not to waste it =P ).

GamerBug UK
09-22-2011, 02:59 PM
You can combine it with just a green herb, no problem and also going on memory here...I believe you can use them EVEN if you're at full health. I would only recommend doing that if you need to pick something up and don't have room in your inventory for it (and need to get rid of something). Even then...I'd just get rid of some spare ammo or something, using a Yellow Herb + any combination is recommended when you're damaged (never know when you'll need it, best not to waste it =P ).

Ah 50/50 being right then, cheers.

CDAWGYDAWG911
09-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes when you combine a green,red, and yellow herb together and use it each one increases leons health meter.