PDA

View Full Version : preorder reciept to turn10

Durdens Wrath
09-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know how were supposed to be notified about our free cars?

IEvil IMonkey
09-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Pardon?

You usually get your code the day you pick the game up in store or via email if you've ordered from online suppliers.... is this what you mean?

Hawaiian
09-22-2011, 08:48 PM
You probably mean the bonus cars you get from Turn10 by showing them your preorder receipt? Simply send an email to forzafb@microsoft.com with your gamertag as subject and pre-order receipt attached. You'll get one free unicorn car in Forza 3 as gift and some other free cars in Forza 4. If you ordered online, simply print the receipt and write your gamertag on it.

Lord Chabelo
09-23-2011, 01:55 PM
You probably mean the bonus cars you get from Turn10 by showing them your preorder receipt? Simply send an email to forzafb@microsoft.com with your gamertag as subject and pre-order receipt attached. You'll get one free unicorn car in Forza 3 as gift and some other free cars in Forza 4. If you ordered online, simply print the receipt and write your gamertag on it.

The Forza website (http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/) says to email forza_preorder@microsoft.com

Chefjayman
09-24-2011, 12:49 AM
I was wondering the very same thing Durdens Wrath is asking

I'm aware of WHAT we're supposed to get, but I want to know WHEN and HOW we get them?

I sent my receipt copy to the forza pre-order emal as requested and have yet to receive any word about when I get the items or how I'm to claim them. No messages, no codes sent through email. I half wonder at times if I've somehow been scammed.

I'm also aware they mention that they'll be checking every receipt to verify an actual preorder, but I think that when I sent in mine a day and a half after it was posted, I should have heard back by now.

Chefjayman
09-24-2011, 01:23 AM
I believe I have found out what happens with the program. According to research on the Forza 4 forums, in game messages are sent out, and most receive them in Forza 3. this may be my issue as I do not have Forza 3 to receive in game messages. Hopefully something will follow me in Forza 4.

Information in the message stating they would be sending these things out IN GAME would have been appreciated. I've re read the entire post and no mention at all.

So, Durdens Wrath, if you have F3, check in game messages, if not (like me) I guess we wait untill we have the game in hand before we know whether we got the items or not. If I do, great because its always good to get great stuff, if not then no biggie as I ordered the Ltd Edition so theres plenty in it that will make up for the pre order program.

Bencho
09-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I believe I have found out what happens with the program. According to research on the Forza 4 forums, in game messages are sent out, and most receive them in Forza 3. this may be my issue as I do not have Forza 3 to receive in game messages. Hopefully something will follow me in Forza 4.

Information in the message stating they would be sending these things out IN GAME would have been appreciated. I've re read the entire post and no mention at all.

I can confirm this, I've sent my receipt including my Gamertag and got an In game message in Forza 3 saying they received my email correctly and thanked me for pre-ordering Forza 4:). Also I think I got a free gift from them (a car, but I'm not 100% sure because by the same time I was participating in a contest at their facebook page)

slapp77
10-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I did this too, didn't check Forza 3, just put in Forza 4, no msgs saying anything about thanks for Pre-Ordering :( Oh well.

Annihil88torr
10-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Order from gamestop, your code is always on the receipt, and if you order online your code is emailed to you within 48 hours.

Crepsik
10-11-2011, 08:11 PM
I did this too, didn't check Forza 3, just put in Forza 4, no msgs saying anything about thanks for Pre-Ordering :( Oh well.

You get the car and a "thanks for pre-ordering" message when you start Forza 3 and go to the message center. I believe you HAVE to have FM3 since its gonna be ported to FM4 when you transfer your save to FM4

DjBatfink
10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
You get the car and a "thanks for pre-ordering" message when you start Forza 3 and go to the message center. I believe you HAVE to have FM3 since its gonna be ported to FM4 when you transfer your save to FM4

This is correct, i checked lots of threads about the Unicorn car and they all say the same thing, your gift car goes to Forza 3, not 4..
I sent of a copy of my Pre-order and next day when i loaded Forza 3, i got gifted the Mazda...
As the Unicorn cars are hard to get hold of, i would say, borrow or rent etc a copy of Forza 3 if poss, to get your gift, then play Forza 4 from the start before you put alot of hours into it...so it gives you the car and achievement, maybe.....

[ even i had to go and rebuy a copy of Forza 3, as i had deleted my old save, just to get the car and a game save for the Forza 4 import achievements ]