PDA

View Full Version : Pro difficulty compared to Resi 5?

Britfagx666
09-23-2011, 12:56 AM
I only ask because i had a fair bit of difficulty beating that...on co-op :P

Basically i'm playing it on easy just so i can get to grips with this game again and well um...i'm finding ammo lacking :P

Do you still get killed in like on hit? Is there still less ammo pick ups / health items?
Is there any other ways to make it easier it other than the armor suit for Ashley?

Any help is great thanks :D

TVthePunisher
09-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Basic Survival Tips for RE4:

- Lure and isolate your enemies. If you can lure them into a small space or separate, then you can take them out with various methods (from your knife to manipulating a nearby door to cause them damage). Fighting in large open areas where you are constantly out in the open will leave you at a disadvantage, because weapons can come flying from nowhere and you could end up dead rather quickly.

- Learn how to use your knife, ladders, doors and windows. Also fences and other climbable objects are good to learn. In line with isolating an enemy, it's a good idea if you can't isolate to knife one Ganado in the eyes and kick his face to hell..BUT if you can wait for other ganados to swarm to take out multiples at one time.

-Chainsaw guys, already 1 hit kill wonders...become more of a problem in Professional when you KNOW you're already dealing with tougher enemies and this poluka strolls in. First priority is to take out the most dangerous enemies as soon as possible, namely this guy...oh and his name is Dr. Salvador x.x;

-Upgrade POWER before Capacity. You get your ammo filled on any gun when you upgrade, so if you're near a merchant DO NOT RELOAD if you intend to upgrade that weapon. But the major reason for power is...if you can kill your enemies faster, that means less ammunition you need to burn...and less trouble for yourself.

- Plagas are weak to flash grenades, save them for moments when you are faced with a lot of plagas creatures.

-Upgrade your health ONLY with green+red herb combination to save yourself wasting a healing item when you shouldn't.

-When you get Ashley, if she has the suit of armor, you can use her as bait for ganados...set your own trap by waiting by with a sniper rifle or just using her so you can target ganados that run at her. Don't worry if you hit her...she's invincible to even a rocket launcher (yes, you can fire a rocket clear at her and you'll take care of all ganados nearby...and she'll simply fall on her ass).

-It is possible to beat this game without the suit of armor...considering the original Gamecube users never got it. To protect Ashley without her armor, ALWAYS keep her in containers if possible...IF NOT POSSIBLE, then bring her to a small, secluded location so you can keep an eye on her and hold up your defense with other methods. If you aren't given any suitable locations, keep her close and move slow...fast if there are too many enemies (only to get to a secure area).

L0cke89
09-23-2011, 03:30 PM
One last tip. Look up some speed running videos on speeddemos archive. Even though most gamers, like myself, normall did the runs on normal, you learn the pattern and movement of the enemies and know where you can just run through without killing anyone.

There are still a lot of easy room to get kills in or grab some items on your way out.

Also play the shooting gallery for some easy money on the side. Always buy a rocket launcher for 30.000 for every boss fight and don't forget to pick up the free one in 3-3.

The hardest parts for me were always in the beginning, since your weapons are crap and don't have much space in the inventory. The hardest part is def the fight in the cabin. This SUCKS on Pro. Use everything you got. Seriously, the game get's so much easier after that and you can just run past all the challanging rooms.

The only other one is in the second half of 3.1 and the reason most speed runners choose to save the game befor the Garrados fight. Though it's not as hard as the cabin in my opinion, it still annoys the shit out of me. Even on normal (which by the way got upscaled for this version ;P).

Try not get some grenades for this part and also 2 flash bangs that can kill the parasites in one burst. try to gather up the enemies in groupd and throw grenades at them the explosive one has a massive range. In the second part concentrate on the enemies right at you first. If Ashley gets captured, it will take more than a few seconds for the enemy to get her through the door. They also die in one shot with an upgraded semi-auto rifle, which is by far the best normal weapon in the game. You can use it in any situation.

Still on my first run (normal) on this version, but I completed Professional many times before. Hope that helps ^^

Robioto
09-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Always buy a rocket launcher for 30.000 for every boss fight and don't forget to pick up the free one in 3-3.

A complete waste IMO, apart for Verdugo, the bosses on this game are very very easy to kill without taking a hit with normal weapons:

*BOSS SPOLIERS!!!!*
\/
\/
\/

- El Gigante - Hand Grenades, Shotgun, Handgun combo
- Bitorres Mendez - 6 Incindary Grenades
- Verdugo - Use Rocket Launcher as he is a nightmare with normal weapons.
- Salazar - Very easy to beat with just the Handgun without taking a hit. Just stand by the door and move side to side as the tentcles try to eat you. It's the only attack you have to dodge and can be very easliy read then you just take pot shots when he is exposed. Use the Broken Butterfly if you want a quicker result.
- U8 - Save up Incindary Grenades which do loads of damage and finish off with the Broken Butterfly.
- Krauser - Knife!!!
- Sadler - Save 5-6 Hand Grenades. Use them to expose the eye and hit them with the Broken Butterfly. 5-6 times and the Rocket Launcher will be dropped.

I'm not saying it wrong to do what you said but it is completely unecessary when the bosses are so easy anyway. It also takes away the fun IMO.

TVthePunisher
09-23-2011, 04:24 PM
This is important general information that I've heard reported from gamers:

US Normal = PAL Easy (but a little harder)
US PROFESSIONAL = PAL Normal (just a tad bit easier apparently)
PAL PROFESSIONAL = RE5 Professional?

The US only gets two difficulties, but everywhere else gets an Easy, Normal and Professional mode difficulty.

JuSt BLaZe
09-23-2011, 06:16 PM

Just checked it.

A normal axe hit by a Ganado @ the beginning in the house takes like 2 1/2 bars away from your health.

If you look closely enough you can see, you start with 5 health-bars. After the second hit I was still alive but near to death. He went down with only three shots, no melee.

L0cke89
09-23-2011, 06:38 PM
This is important general information that I've heard reported from gamers:

US Normal = PAL Easy (but a little harder)
US PROFESSIONAL = PAL Normal (just a tad bit easier apparently)

The US only gets two difficulties, but everywhere else gets an Easy, Normal and Professional mode difficulty.

Well, I'm for once am glad for the higher difficulty ^^

Nearly through the first playthrough and only died a couple of times, because I didn't want to spend better weapon ammo or just got killed by an instant-kill.

Buying the rocket launcher is great. Every boss gives you 15.000 or 30.000 so you get the money right back and can use the normal ammo for the enemies in between. Makes the game much easier. What should I spend the money on instead? I've already maxed out my 3 weapons and still got tons of money over. Getting every treasure and all 24 bottle cops will net you more than enough.

I use a rocket launcher for the following bosses, killing in with one hit.

- El Gigante - Get 15k back
- Village Chief (second form. Beat first with shotgun/grenades) - get 30k back
- Two Garrados - This one is free. You can find it in the room before reaching Ashley (Shoot at the door between them) - get 30k back
- Verdugo (Freeze then shoot) - get the first upgrade for the crown
- Two El Gigante (Killing other one directly after that with the lava) - 15k back
- Salazar - This boss fight would've been a real ammo waste instead.
- Krauzer is optional, but if you have problems with his final form, use is.
- The creepy scorpion thing.
- Saddler

That's a max amount of 240.000 you have to spend. And you get around 150k back.

Most of them are optional, but the two Garrados (with all the other enemies very annoying), Verduzo (hate the quick time shit), Salazar (Saving huge amount of ammo and possible health) and Saddler just because it's the last freaking fight and you don't need the money after that.

This might not be the PRO way, but those are a great help for players not familiar with Resident Evil 4. I could beat them the normal way. But even without getting hurt, just takes up time.

I appreciate your input though, although it does not really help people just to name the weapons.

And for the FUN aspect. Bitch please, played the game around 50 times :D Also, I love seeing the bosses die instantly. The hader section in the game are more fun anyway (Excpet 3-1, that shit just pisses me off >.>)
If the leaderboards would not get hacked (They fucking will just like RE5 and Capcom will, again, not care) I would consider beating my previous best time of 1:59 New Game Normal PAL. Well, Sunblade would beat me in no time, so who cares. He is a beast in RE4 xD

Robioto
09-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Well, I'm for once am glad for the higher difficulty ^^

Nearly through the first playthrough and only died a couple of times, because I didn't want to spend better weapon ammo or just got killed by an instant-kill.

Buying the rocket launcher is great. Every boss gives you 15.000 or 30.000 so you get the money right back and can use the normal ammo for the enemies in between. Makes the game much easier. What should I spend the money on instead? I've already maxed out my 3 weapons and still got tons of money over. Getting every treasure and all 24 bottle cops will net you more than enough.

I use a rocket launcher for the following bosses, killing in with one hit.

- El Gigante - Get 15k back
- Village Chief (second form. Beat first with shotgun/grenades) - get 30k back
- Two Garrados - This one is free. You can find it in the room before reaching Ashley (Shoot at the door between them) - get 30k back
- Verdugo (Freeze then shoot) - get the first upgrade for the crown
- Two El Gigante (Killing other one directly after that with the lava) - 15k back
- Salazar - This boss fight would've been a real ammo waste instead.
- Krauzer is optional, but if you have problems with his final form, use is.
- Saddler

That's a max amount of 240.000 you have to spend. And you get around 150k back.

Most of them are optional, but the two Garrados (with all the other enemies very annoying), Verduzo (hate the quick time shit), Salazar (Saving huge amount of ammo and possible health) and Saddler just because it's the last freaking fight and you don't need the money after that.

This might not be the PRO way, but those are a great help for players not familiar with Resident Evil 4. I could beat them the normal way. But even without getting hurt, just takes up time.

I appreciate your input though, although it does not really help people just to name the weapons.

And for the FUN aspect. Bitch please, played the game around 50 times :D Also, I love seeing the bosses die instantly. The hader section in the game are more fun anyway (Excpet 3-1, that shit just pisses me off >.>)
If the leaderboards would not get hacked (They fucking will just like RE5 and Capcom will, again, not care) I would consider beating my previous best time of 1:59 New Game Normal PAL. Well, Sunblade would beat me in no time, so who cares. He is a beast in RE4 xD

Good post, nice to see a decent reasoned response which is a rare commodity on gaming foums these days! :)

I'm tempted on my current playthrough to use one on the 2 Garradors now... But saying that I've never had a problem the normal way with the the Rifle. But I don't see the bosses as a waste of ammo as the game gives you more than enough anyway.

One thing I would say is that I don't recommend players using the Rocket Launcher for the thier first time through as I think people should experience the bosses properly first time.

L0cke89
09-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Good post, nice to see a decent reasoned response which is a rare commodity on gaming foums these days! :)

I'm tempted on my current playthrough to use one on the 2 Garradors now... But saying that I've never had a problem the normal way with the the Rifle. But I don't see the bosses as a waste of ammo as the game gives you more than enough anyway.

One thing I would say is that I don't recommend players using the Rocket Launcher for the thier first time through as I think people should experience the bosses properly first time.

I agree on that. But we're talking about Pro here, so people have to beat the game once. And yes, beating every boss and enemy encounter the first time around is part of the experience.

You first meet the Garrados (Scared me a bit), then you get trapped and one appears right behind you (Pants meter is now brown) and finally two appear with only two bells and half a dozen other enemies. This game really tops itself with every encounter. I remember the first time I saw those two and me and my friend, who was watching me play, just went "What the SHIT?!?" and laughed at how unexpected that came. Great day!

That reminds me, I'm seeing some German folks around the RE posts. If anyone is interested, I just wrote my review of the HD version but mainly talk about why this game is my all time classic. I think everyone who played the game will be reminded of some feeling playing it for the first time.

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2011-09-23-resident-evil-4-hd-test

JuSt BLaZe
09-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry I could leave it at that, too much love for the game!

It's called "IT" as Saddler introduced.

And for the FUN aspect. Bitch please, played the game around 50 times :D
I beat you on that. :p

If the leaderboards would not get hacked (They fucking will just like RE5 and Capcom will, again, not care)

Already happened!

I would consider beating my previous best time of 1:59 New Game Normal PAL. Well, Sunblade would beat me in no time, so who cares. He is a beast in RE4 xD

Alright, RACE IS ON haha.

Just tried a NEW GAME + run-through on Seperate Ways and yeah I fooled myself cause it says biiiig on the leaderboards "NEW GAME ONLY". Jokes on me!

That reminds me, I'm seeing some German folks around the RE posts. If anyone is interested, I just wrote my review of the HD version but mainly talk about why this game is my all time classic. I think everyone who played the game will be reminded of some feeling playing it for the first time.
http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2011-09-23-resident-evil-4-hd-test

Just read it, pretty cool Björn! ;)

L0cke89
09-23-2011, 08:07 PM
They WHAT? Ahhh, those fuckers >.>

Evo Kazz
09-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Thing is it must be hard as hardly anyone has 1000, and nobody on our site has 1000 on the leaderboards (not to say nobody here hasnt)

JuSt BLaZe
09-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Thing is it must be hard as hardly anyone has 1000, and nobody on our site has 1000 on the leaderboards (not to say nobody here hasnt)

Huh, tell me about it, indeed IT IS. Played it countless times before but I died like 20-30 times in the very first chapter. This is going to be a tough one.

DamagedWill
09-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Huh, tell me about it, indeed IT IS. Played it countless times before but I died like 20-30 times in the very first chapter. This is going to be a tough one.

I've also been having some trouble. I don't remember the game being this hard. I was getting my ass kicked in the beginning.

Cyano Khaar
09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Resi 5 on pro was a joke because you could just use infinite ammo with all your upgraded guns. You could walk around with the infinite rocket launcher, handcannon, AK-47, and Hydra and just plow through enemies. Not to mention you had enough money to buy as many first aid sprays as you wanted.

Resi 4 on pro on the other hand, you gotta start from scratch.

Kal
09-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Actually, for Krauser it's very easy to just use the knife. If you run up and knife him it does an absurd amount of damage.

Priit3
10-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Buying the rocket launcher is great.
- Village Chief (second form. Beat first with shotgun/grenades) - get 30k

Im going to try with rocket launcher, because i have problems with killing village chief´s second form on pro.

E: Rocket launcher was very helpful on pro run! Thnx Locke89!