PDA

View Full Version : best use for KERS and DRS?

Crimson Death
09-23-2011, 06:58 AM
I must admit it feels pretty good using KERS to overtake a car, and is a nice challenge trying to block someone who is trying to use it to overtake you.

Seeing as you can use both KERS and DRS in quali, I have been using KERS coming out of corners and DRS down straights. Is this the best time to be using them? or does anyone have any tips for getting the maximum out of them?

Nanbag
09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
ive played it so much ive stopped paying attention to when i do it, just sort of comes naturally as you get used to the car and its capabilities. for instance trying to use KERS mid corner in a lower performance car can lead to the back end slipping out , however you can pull off the same manouver flawlessly in a car with better grip such as a red bull.

same with DRS i always use it literally as soon as i feel i have the corner nailed. this can be anything between the apex and the accelleration zone. Again just use it when you feel its right. theres nothing worse than hitting the DRS button when the car isnt stable, you will be making a trip to the pits if you get it wrong!

as for your comment, i believe thats how i started out, then i just learnt the capabilities of the car i was driving and subtly adjusted the timings of when i hit the boost buttons.

also a top tip...dont use DRS during high speed corners like in kuala lumpur for example, you may be able to hold the car steady, but trust me you ARE losing time. Its better to have full grip at the cost of speed.

LFC2K6
09-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I must admit it feels pretty good using KERS to overtake a car, and is a nice challenge trying to block someone who is trying to use it to overtake you.

Seeing as you can use both KERS and DRS in quali, I have been using KERS coming out of corners and DRS down straights. Is this the best time to be using them? or does anyone have any tips for getting the maximum out of them?

In my view, KERS is best deployed when coming out of a slow corner onto a long straight. DRS should only really be deployed on a straight too. You can reality feel a shift in aerodynamics if you open that rear wing in the middle of a corner!

Aerobillybob
09-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Using it on eau rouge should be awesome.

headshed101
09-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Using it on eau rouge should be awesome.

they didn't allow the use of DRS at the Belgian GP this year for safety reasons - wonder if that'll translate into the game...

RyanP91
09-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I done my first practice race there hamilton, and just like in the race can only activate it after the corner

Nanbag
09-24-2011, 09:48 AM
they didn't allow the use of DRS at the Belgian GP this year for safety reasons - wonder if that'll translate into the game...

there is a very good reason why it was banned in real life, its impossible to do au rouge flat out with DRS on without doing several flips....i tried it several times and every time i had to lift. even if you do lift its incredibly hard to hold the car unless you cut the corner at the top of the hill.

it also translates through the tunnel at monaco if anyone was curious about that as awell. There should be a death option in career mode for those stupid enough to try using DRS through there lol.

RyanP91
09-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Well I used DRS and kers while in au rouge and it didnt end nicely but luckly it was in practice. I tried to use DRS in the tunnel and vettel didnt like the outcome lol

ii aM GhaNDi x
09-25-2011, 12:02 AM
i was suprised when i noticed i could use DRS during the tunnel in monaco but i guess i will have to try eau rouge myself and have some fun going flying XD