PDA

View Full Version : Hard expert achievement

Nanbag
09-23-2011, 07:48 AM
the glitch from F1 2010 doesnt appear to work. can anyone else confirm? if you have autosave on it auto saves after you change the settings mid race. not sure if it works without autosave, not even sure the option to turn autosave is on, havnt really looked. too into the racing.

so if anyone else can confirm id be greatful.

EDIT: looks like this might be possible still if you turn autosave off in "myf1" will be a while till i can confirm gonna have to wait for my 3rd season now.

Vytenis
09-23-2011, 11:23 AM
I got the achievement with auto save ON , just do the glitch like on F1 2010 and You will be good.

Always start races with HARD difficulty then when on track change the assists dont mind the autosave icon and change back to hard before U cross the finish line. This goes to practice, qualy and race. Good luck!

lenyo
09-23-2011, 12:46 PM
My native language is not english (Ive learned english by myself), so, what I have to do is just start the round (P, Q, R) with hard or expert settings, change the settings to easier in the options and before I pass the finish line just push back everything to hard or expert?

tmg100
09-23-2011, 09:34 PM
You just copied what the guy above said but neway yes thats what you need to do:-)

cG Kryten Xx
09-24-2011, 02:04 AM
has this method actually been confirmed? Like a whole season completed and making sure the achievement pops?

mini696
09-24-2011, 04:25 AM
It doesn't work for the "Car Control" achievement.

Shelton
09-24-2011, 04:40 AM
It doesn't work for the "Car Control" achievement.
It didn't work for that achievement last year either.

Zetenge
09-24-2011, 10:24 PM
So here is what i wanna do:

Setting: Hard/Expert and shortest Race Distance and short Weekend.

Drive Qualifiyng. Drive Race and before Finish Line change to hard/expert again.

Will this work? Or do i have to change settings in Qualifying as well etc.?

Vytenis
09-24-2011, 10:26 PM
change settings in the qualification and also in practice.

Zetenge
09-24-2011, 11:06 PM
But i could skip Training, or? Just dont drive and dont turn on easy. But i still dont understanding why in Quali. Do i have to change difficult before finishing my round? Or just change it before going to race or when exactly? In the race before finishing line. But when i have to change in Quali. Can someone explain this a little bit more detailed please?

Thank you

Nanbag
09-24-2011, 11:13 PM
But i could skip Training, or? Just dont drive and dont turn on easy. But i still dont understanding why in Quali. Do i have to change difficult before finishing my round? Or just change it before going to race or when exactly? In the race before finishing line. But when i have to change in Quali. Can someone explain this a little bit more detailed please?

Thank you

all you have to do is...

1. make sure in the calender the setting is set to hard.

2. if you want you can skip practice but if you dont want to, you need to go out on track change your assists to what you want and then change them back to hard before you go back to the garage.

3. in qualifying do the same as in step 2.

4. in race do the same as in step 2, except this time you have to change the settings back to hartd before you cross the start finish line.

hope this helps.

still yet to confirm whether or not this actually works yet this year.

tmg100
09-25-2011, 12:05 AM
I turned off auto save, started each race on hard then when in track changed assists on. Before entering the pits to end the session changed them back to hard. Win every race cheevo popped after Monza!

Enjoy

Zetenge
09-25-2011, 12:07 AM
I turned off auto save, started each race on hard then when in track changed assists on. Before entering the pits to end the session changed them back to hard. Win every race cheevo popped after Monza!

Enjoy

Thank you very much!

tmg100
09-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Start a new season with autosave on and the difficulty on hard/expert, goto Australia and start the 1st practice session (with autosave on) drop back out to the main menu (through the paddock) as this ends the session. (the game auto saves)

Goto your profile and turn off auto save, the game will now only save if you do it manually, start you career back up and goto the qualifying session, change all your assist as you so wish and carry on.

Unless there is some sort of back ground save then you can leave the assists turned on and not have to keep changing them back.

If you need to save at any time ( I dont know, maybe you have some sort of life and need to stop playing) I would advise changing the settings back to hard/expert so when you manually save it has saved under the hard/expert rules.

I HAVE NOT DONE IT THIS WAY! Its just a thought I had after I had done it using the method of keep switching back.

I guess if someone wants to try crack on. This just seems like a way to save yourself bags of time.

Nanbag
09-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Start a new season with autosave on and the difficulty on hard/expert, goto Australia and start the 1st practice session (with autosave on) drop back out to the main menu (through the paddock) as this ends the session. (the game auto saves)

Goto your profile and turn off auto save, the game will now only save if you do it manually, start you career back up and goto the qualifying session, change all your assist as you so wish and carry on.

Unless there is some sort of back ground save then you can leave the assists turned on and not have to keep changing them back.

If you need to save at any time ( I dont know, maybe you have some sort of life and need to stop playing) I would advise changing the settings back to hard/expert so when you manually save it has saved under the hard/expert rules.

I HAVE NOT DONE IT THIS WAY! Its just a thought I had after I had done it using the method of keep switching back.

I guess if someone wants to try crack on. This just seems like a way to save yourself bags of time.

THIS METHOD DID NOT WORK IN 2010

note that doesnt neccessarily mean it wont this year, but i wouldnt reccommend trying it this way unless you really want to. It also doesnt save that much time, it will save you 10 minutes over the course of a season if you take 5 seconds to change the settings each time. it would take even less time for the more skilled drivers because they will win the title much earlier in the season.

I CAN CONFIRM THE 2010 GLITCH WORKS

heres how i did it,

turned off autosave in myf1

started a new season (mine was my 3rd) on hard difficulty.

skipped practice

did quali, when on the track change the driver assists as you wish.

before you return to garage change settings back so they are set to hard (make sure it says hard at the top)

go to race, then when your car is on the grid change your assists to however you want them.

just before you cross the line change the settings back to hard difficulty, again make sure it says hard at the top.

repeat for every race til the achievement pops, personally i only had to win about 11 races before it popped, then i just skipped the rest of the season. did it in around 4 hours.

tmg100
09-25-2011, 09:34 AM
You cant change the AI in the driving assist menu. So no hard or expert it is!

Zetenge
09-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Okay, i really think we need a deatiled workaround. And the most important thing ist, that its confirmed. It seemes some methodes are conflicting.

Shelton
09-25-2011, 10:53 PM
If it is like last year, all you do is set the difficulty to hard at the start of the session (As in, when you select race calendar). When on the track, enter the pause menu and change the assists to whatever you want. Before finishing the session or before crossing the finish line in a race, enter the pause menu again and change the assists back to what they were on hard. Do this for every race. Never save a set-up with the assists changed.

I am slightly confused by Nanbag's post. He said it works the same as 2010, but that did not require you to turn off auto-save... I will put it in the guide as soon as I have more confirmation of the methods that work.

tmg100
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I can assure you it works if u turn auto save off and only change the settings whilst on track.

Zetenge
09-25-2011, 11:22 PM
But is it right, that you cannot change the AI Difficulty while you are on the track?

Shelton
09-26-2011, 12:26 AM
I can assure you it works if u turn auto save off and only change the settings whilst on track.
Ok, thanks.;)

But is it right, that you cannot change the AI Difficulty while you are on the track?
Yes, you need to beat the Pro AI. You can only change things such as traction control, gearbox, racing line, etc.

Zetenge
09-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Ok, thanks.;)

Yes, you need to beat the Pro AI. You can only change things such as traction control, gearbox, racing line, etc.

I will try it the next days and i will write down everything i do. I hope i can confirm the method and help players in the future ;)

Suki
09-26-2011, 06:02 PM
ok so i set to hard start quali and turn on the assists i set my laps then before jumping back to garage change the setting back to hard except when i changed the assists hard changed to custom and now it wont let me change it back to hard as i cannot select it, i can change the assists back but it still says custom, so what do i do now??

MC B0B x360a
09-26-2011, 06:03 PM
ok so i set to hard start quali and turn on the assists i set my laps then before jumping back to garage change the setting back to hard except when i changed the assists hard changed to custom and now it wont let me change it back to hard as i cannot select it, i can change the assists back but it still says custom, so what do i do now??

I was wondering the same thing. Also it autosaves after you make the changes. Does this have an effect on anything.

Nanbag
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Also it autosaves after you make the changes. Does this have an effect on anything.

autosave has no affect apparently but i havnt tried.

just have to change settings back to hard settings, ie medium traction abs on and no other assists

tmg100
09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Ok, here is what I did.

1 Start a season on hard with auto save turned on so the game saves knowing you have chosen the hard difficulty. To be precise I drove the practise session on hard.
2 Quit out to the main menu go to my f1 - profile - turn off auto save.
3 Go back to the career this should be the qualifying session.
4 When on track put on the assists you wish and set times.
5 Before you come off the race track put the assist back so the difficulty shows hard again.
6 Go back to the garage
7 Start the race before you set off turn on the assists you want.
8 Before you cross the finish line on your last lap change the settings back to hard, I changed it on the start finish straight.
9 Rinse and repeat for each track.

DO REMEMBER TO QUIT BACK OUT AND SAVE IN MY F1 IF YOU CANT DO THE SEASON IN 1 SITTING! AS AUTO SAVE IS NOT ON!
When you come back to the career dont forget to turn autosave off again!

THIS IS WHAT I DID AND THE ACHIEVEMENT POPPED AFTER MONZA

This obviously depends on how well your opposition is doing!

GOOD LUCK!

gazza1
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM
This game is going to be a 900g max for me.

Call me rubbish if you like but even by switching the assists on from hard to custom during practice i still cannot get anywhere the front row due to the aI being maxed out.

Unless someone can confirm a way of changing the AI then like I say 900g for me.

Still a great game though.

Adam1230
09-28-2011, 06:42 PM
I have already started with Autosave ON.

I've heard so many conflicting reports.. will the trophy unlock like this or not?

mini696
09-28-2011, 11:26 PM
@Adam1230
Give it a go and you can tell us.

Monto BE
10-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Ok, if I'm doing qualify and my fuel is low, or tires are finished, do i need to change the settings every time before going to garage and get new tires?

Shelton
10-03-2011, 01:23 AM
I got the achievement with auto save ON , just do the glitch like on F1 2010 and You will be good.

Always start races with HARD difficulty then when on track change the assists dont mind the autosave icon and change back to hard before U cross the finish line. This goes to practice, qualy and race. Good luck!
I can confirm this, you do not need to turn auto save off, it's the same as last year.
Ok, if I'm doing qualify and my fuel is low, or tires are finished, do i need to change the settings every time before going to garage and get new tires?
You can enter the garage with changed assists, just don't save a setup.

Zetenge
10-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I just started my second season. Shelton, you said in another Thread you have to start the season on "hard". But i couldnt choose it. The first time i had to choose a difficult was in my team-truck before i choosed Melbourne Weekend. Is this correct? or do i have to start "A new career"?

Zetenge
10-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Okay, so i finally got my Achievement and I will you describe how i got it because I made some "mistakes" and it still unlocked!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qmeyz6.jpg

Excuse my english. You probably see in the Screenshot that I come from germany ;)
So I just started "Next Season" and choosed "Difficulty HARD" at the first Race (Melbourne). I immediately skipped Practise and jumped to the Qualifying. Then drove out of the garage. While I was on the track i changed Tractioncontrol and Gear. I made a fast lap, changed the Settings back to "Hard" and went back to garage. I did the same in the Race. Of course i changed the settings back to HARD before ending the race.

But here is something which may be interessting. Once i forgot to change Setting before crossing the finishing line and finished the race. I jump off my chair and turned of the console. Now, because the "autosaves" when you change Settings I loaded my Savegame and it was saved after the Qualifying. So i could enter the race. but the "settings" where still changed. I changed them back to Hard and back to custom while in the race.

This happened again, but i just "Restarted the Race" after i crossed the finish line. The Achievement popped up while i was mathematically Champion.

I hope I described it understandable and i can help some people.

EDIT: I had Auto-Save ON!

MaximumGamer
10-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Okay, so i finally got my Achievement and I will you describe how i got it because I made some "mistakes" and it still unlocked!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qmeyz6.jpg

Excuse my english. You probably see in the Screenshot that I come from germany ;)
So I just started "Next Season" and choosed "Difficulty HARD" at the first Race (Melbourne). I immediately skipped Practise and jumped to the Qualifying. Then drove out of the garage. While I was on the track i changed Tractioncontrol and Gear. I made a fast lap, changed the Settings back to "Hard" and went back to garage. I did the same in the Race. Of course i changed the settings back to HARD before ending the race.

But here is something which may be interessting. Once i forgot to change Setting before crossing the finishing line and finished the race. I jump off my chair and turned of the console. Now, because the "autosaves" when you change Settings I loaded my Savegame and it was saved after the Qualifying. So i could enter the race. but the "settings" where still changed. I changed them back to Hard and back to custom while in the race.

This happened again, but i just "Restarted the Race" after i crossed the finish line. The Achievement popped up while i was mathematically Champion.

I hope I described it understandable and i can help some people.

Auto save off?

Zetenge
10-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Auto save off?

No it was On. Sorry, i forgot to mention that. I edited my previous post.

Manlok
10-18-2011, 06:16 PM
method from F1 2010 can do..
just got the cheevo today..
plus i had same 'accident' like Zetenge, jumped from my sofa to switch off the console..
(a friend also said my action like spiderman at that time)..

marioeduardo
10-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Just To be sure... I have autosave off, and sometimes i got concentred in the race, with some rival just after me in the final lap, and forgot Changing settings and also switching Xbox off in time... In that case, i just go to Dashboard and reload the carreer in the last point i saved manually.. So i began the race again, and this time i changed the settings To hard in time... I think this way a can still get the achievement... Am i wrong? Can someone confirm this?
Thanks
Marioflabr

MC B0B x360a
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Just To be sure... I have autosave off, and sometimes i got concentred in the race, with some rival just after me in the final lap, and forgot Changing settings and also switching Xbox off in time... In that case, i just go to Dashboard and reload the carreer in the last point i saved manually.. So i began the race again, and this time i changed the settings To hard in time... I think this way a can still get the achievement... Am i wrong? Can someone confirm this?
Thanks
Marioflabr

Correct. When you load up your last save just make sure the setting is on hard when you leave the trailer to go to the track. I think its also where they ask the race length. Then start the race and change the setting when you are on track like you did before. I finished a couple races and forgot to change the settings back. I just dashboarded and started over. The achievement unlock for me no problem.

Edit: to be safe i saved after each race. At one point i completed 3 races without saving. Then i passed the finish line without changing the settings back, so I had to redo all three races.

marioeduardo
10-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Correct. When you load up your last save just make sure the setting is on hard when you leave the trailer to go to the track. I think its also where they ask the race length. Then start the race and change the setting when you are on track like you did before. I finished a couple races and forgot to change the settings back. I just dashboarded and started over. The achievement unlock for me no problem.

Edit: to be safe i saved after each race. At one point i completed 3 races without saving. Then i passed the finish line without changing the settings back, so I had to redo all three races.

Thanks dude.. Just popped the cheevo...

Nightjar
10-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Is there a minimum race length, ie does it work with 1 lap, 3 laps or 10% ?

Dar280885
10-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Is there a minimum race length, ie does it work with 1 lap, 3 laps or 10% ?

You can't do 1 lap, but it does work with doing 3 laps

Nightjar
10-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Dar280885 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=391244)

Mahtan Tinuviél
10-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Great news...

I´ll try this my next season...

Nightjar
10-31-2011, 04:54 PM
I can confirm the exploit works on Hard, I even messed up on a few practice & qualifying sessions but made sure the race side was taken care of (Hard to start, change on track, Hard over the finish line).

It popped for me after the Japanese GP as I was struggling like F*** to beat the pro A.I often having to come from the back of the field to win although I think I got 4 poles.

Ah and I did it all with 3 lap races

Mahtan Tinuviél
12-17-2011, 01:56 AM
This will still work even after the patch... just did it...

Poped after Monza...

Superspud1232003
12-22-2011, 08:01 PM
yeah i just got this achievement with the glitch. just turn autosave off and start the races, practice, qualy with hard settings on then switch to what u like when you get control and switch back just before you cross the line to finish or before you go back to the pits

Snape 87
01-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Ok so I forgot to revert to the hrd settings after a quali session i dashboarded at the screen where i am in the garage with my mechanic is that to late as when i loaded it back up it said custom next to the difficulty level?? This could make sense as the last time the settings autosaved it was custom any ideas?

cafcnickdugay
01-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Just started my second season with the difficulty set to hard.

I'm on practice on Melbourne and as I took control I changed the settings to the ones that suit me. Just about to jump back into garage and the difficulty still says "Custom" and I'm unable to change it back to "Hard".

Can anyone help?

Virgin
01-26-2012, 07:21 AM

I'm on practice on Melbourne and as I took control I changed the settings to the ones that suit me. Just about to jump back into garage and the difficulty still says "Custom" and I'm unable to change it back to "Hard".

Can anyone help?

The settings have to be the default ones for Hard, then it will change.

Brake Assist OFF
ABS ON
Traction Control MEDIUM
Dynamic Racing Line OFF
Gearbox MANUAL SEQUENTIAL
Pit Assist OFF
Racing Line Type 3D

xbox360besitzer
01-28-2012, 09:39 AM
yesterday finally managed:woop:

I'm not even do a qualifying run just simply start from the last grid position.
I was champion in Singapore:Bounce:

cafcnickdugay
01-30-2012, 07:40 PM

Can anyone help?

I actually totalled my car in Monaco (doing the the start on 'hard' then change to 'custom' in-game). I then went restart race and noticed that the difficulty said 'Custom' and panicked. Quickly dashboarded and then reloaded my game, went into career and noticed it still said 'Custom'. I changed it back to 'Hard' and then went back into the game thinking that I had ruined the achievement. Became Champion in Monza and it still unlocked :o:cool:

fwwcyrus
05-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Just finished my 2nd season, and started my 3rd season on the hard setting.

Struggling keeping the car on the road, so I'm gonna have a go at this..

Barad
02-19-2013, 07:10 PM
About to try this on PC on my 2nd season with McLaren, can only hope it works!

AusMikAtonic
05-13-2014, 11:39 AM
yeah the glitch still works man just do the same its also listed on the achievement list so you should have to much trouble