PDA

View Full Version : The Merchant's Eyes

Tonic24k
09-23-2011, 05:20 PM
So, I've noticed that later in the game sometimes the Merchant's eyes are glowing red. Most other times his eyes are just blue and normal in appearance. Does anyone know what that's all about?

macgyver893
09-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Isn't he infected with Las Plagas too? Maybe that's why.... it's getting worse?

JuSt BLaZe
09-23-2011, 06:08 PM
LMAO I've noticed this too.

I was just standing there and said "WHAT THE HELL...!?" grabbed my Semi-Auto Rifle and zoomed @ his eyes haha. I think @ special merchant virus or he just had an operation to see better @ night or when it's dark. :D

L0cke89
09-23-2011, 06:19 PM
That's a problem of the cloning process ;P

I still am mad about no achievement for killing every merchant. Heck, did it anyway XD

macgyver893
09-23-2011, 07:10 PM
That's a problem of the cloning process ;P

I still am mad about no achievement for killing every merchant. Heck, did it anyway XD

hahah you did?! You must have bought everything you needed first and then just shot him in the face, right? Pretty funny.

Tonic24k
09-23-2011, 07:36 PM
I did some wiki searching and found out that it's speculated the Merchant has the virus but is one of few immune to the mind control element of it. The wiki page didn't say anything about his eyes, per se, but it makes sense out of it. Also, I remember in one of Saddler's notes it explained that he cannot choose just anyone to infect. They must first be willing to be at his command. Something along those lines. (Yes, I read the various documents found throughout the game, lol). Well, as mysterious as this character is I still wish more information was divulged about him. I.E. What high school he went to. Or maybe even what he likes to do on the weekends.

Veedrock
09-24-2011, 01:26 AM
Also, I remember in one of Saddler's notes it explained that he cannot choose just anyone to infect. They must first be willing to be at his command.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense seeing as he infected Ashley and Leon against their wills.

Yeah it's generally assumed that the merchant is infected in some fashion. Oddly enough I believe he's immune to the PRL.

GaussianMist
09-24-2011, 07:30 AM
His eyes glow red when its dark out. All the other Ganado's eyes are also glowing red when its dark.

Schism
09-24-2011, 07:34 AM
I just hope he comes back in a future Resident Evil title.... :x

Hunk+The Merchant vs Zombies = win