PDA

View Full Version : I forgot how much I heart this

shakesth3clown1
09-23-2011, 11:40 PM
With all the hype and anticipation for Gears I didnt even realize this was coming, or even already here till today when I logged on and saw an ad for RE4. Of course I dl'd right away and started playing and realized how much I loved this game, it totally blows RE5 away in every department but most important it is actually scary. It took a second to get re-used to the controls " type 2 is the best " but once I got used to aiming with my left thumb, lol, it was pretty easy. My only complaint is the acheivments, this game is so huge and has so many easter eggs and unlockables they could have been way more creative than just to have the few they do. At first I thought it was just a 200 gamerscore game then I looked at the value of each achievment. With RE4 and Gears 3 I will be busy for a while.

Warden1972
09-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Indeed. When this showed up on XBL I wanted to play it a fifth time more than I wanted to play Gears 3 even once. Gears is series of over-hyped standard cover shooters anyway.

shakesth3clown1
09-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Indeed. When this showed up on XBL I wanted to play it a fifth time more than I wanted to play Gears 3 even once. Gears is series of over-hyped standard cover shooters anyway.
I love Gears but I havent touched it or even had the desire to since I got this, I hope the "cogs" dont get jealous lol.

A ZombieTwinkie
09-24-2011, 08:18 PM
With all the hype and anticipation for Gears I didnt even realize this was coming, or even already here till today when I logged on and saw an ad for RE4. Of course I dl'd right away and started playing and realized how much I loved this game, it totally blows RE5 away in every department but most important it is actually scary. It took a second to get re-used to the controls " type 2 is the best " but once I got used to aiming with my left thumb, lol, it was pretty easy. My only complaint is the acheivments, this game is so huge and has so many easter eggs and unlockables they could have been way more creative than just to have the few they do. At first I thought it was just a 200 gamerscore game then I looked at the value of each achievment. With RE4 and Gears 3 I will be busy for a while.

Of course it totally blows RE5 away. RE5 was basically RE4 with different characters and a slight change of scenery, haha. When I played through RE5, a lot of the areas felt familiar, yanno?

And yea, I agree on the achievements. But it seems like it was supposed to be a XBLA title, and since it's over the 2Gb limit, their only option was to do the Games on Demand. They must have already had the achievements written and everything and just got too lazy to re-do them or come up with new ones for more. At least we got 1000 out of it instead of only 200.

DarkReign2021
09-25-2011, 12:00 AM
TC: I agree with you 100%. Controls are kind of hard to get used to at first and I'm disappointed with the lack of achievement variety (I do appreciate that they included a cheevo for summoning the Lake monster. That was a little hidden goody that I guess not many people knew about. I found it completely by accident during my Gamecube playthrough (I wanted those damn Bass!)) but otherwise this game is just as amazing as I remember it from 6 years ago. And with so much time elapsed since I last played it, I'm definitely playing like it's the first time again. I've forgotten so much over the years.

demonizer_andy
09-25-2011, 11:29 AM
I love this game I rem buying a cube with it and being blown away. I then bought it on ps2. I downloaded this last night and it stil keeps me on edge n I did small jumps at times lol. This game is awesome. The atmosphere is great. The foreign voices shouting the unknown as you run low on ammo. The static turning I think adds to it when you turn around and there's another madman launching an axe at you aaaaaah runnnn lol. Such a great game this and res 2 were my fav games. Iv
Given up gears 3 already to
Rinse this game

KayCeaEffahless
09-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Best game in the series for me. And revolutionary on top of that. I wonder if anybody else remembers this but Resident Evil 4 is the game that made that "Over the shoulder" view the norm for shooters...And it was the first to meld together Action/horror/shooter. So many other games took inspiration from it and that includes Gears of War. Gotta give credit where credit is due:bow:

Here's hoping Resident Evil/Biohazard 6 is like 4(and NOT like 5):rolleyes:

L0cke89
09-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Here's hoping Resident Evil/Biohazard 6 is like 4(and NOT like 5):rolleyes:

Not gonna happen. Since Mikami left, RE has been a dead franchise that's only there to get milked.

But sadly, I'm a die hard fan and gonna buy and play everyone that's coming out, hoping for the best. Same with the books. Perry wrote great novels and the only ones I know that turned a video game nearly 1:1 into a book. After I played through the original PS game again, I read the first book and went through the whole game in my head while reading.

And all the new ones after 7 from different authors suck.

demonizer_andy
09-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I didnt mind res 5. Yes it's not really survival horror but I enjoyed the co op and thought it good fun. Racoon
City looks awful tho

El Stupido
09-26-2011, 01:10 AM
So in this game you actually aim with left stick? Not right? Can you change it to right?

macgyver893
09-26-2011, 03:22 AM
I've only played the Gears 3 MP with friends. Haven't touched the SP yet in it b/c I want to finish the RE4 SP first! I'm having a blast with it on the 360.... so happy it came out. I love how I haven't played it in like 5 years yet I'm still remembering the tips I used to get through it on the Cube and spots where'd there's hidden treasure.

I heart this game too! :D

A ZombieTwinkie
09-26-2011, 05:44 AM
So in this game you actually aim with left stick? Not right? Can you change it to right?

Nope. The only things you can really change are the Aiming/firing and the 'Ready Knife' buttons.

KayCeaEffahless
09-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Not gonna happen. Since Mikami left, RE has been a dead franchise that's only there to get milked.

But sadly, I'm a die hard fan and gonna buy and play everyone that's coming out, hoping for the best. Same with the books. Perry wrote great novels and the only ones I know that turned a video game nearly 1:1 into a book. After I played through the original PS game again, I read the first book and went through the whole game in my head while reading.

And all the new ones after 7 from different authors suck.

Yea...Yea i know unfortunately:(. Honestly my expectations are purposely set low that way it will be better than I thought regardless:p As long as I don't have to relive annoying mandatory co-op(or at least improve the A.I.) Or the craziness of the Final Battle=_= it will be a good game in my eyes.

El Stupido
10-02-2011, 01:35 AM
This is the best game of this year yet.

MEGATOOL
10-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Of course it totally blows RE5 away. RE5 was basically RE4 with different characters and a slight change of scenery, haha. When I played through RE5, a lot of the areas felt familiar, yanno?

I know that feeling. While I was playing through RE4, again, I kept confusing parts of it with RE5 and kept waiting to get to levels that were in RE5 and not RE4.