PDA

View Full Version : UT probs

Morbido
09-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Right, ive bitten the bullet and started doing UT on my laptop.

First problem - moving right. There is stuff on the right side of my screen that I cant access as I cant move far enough right (with my mouse).

I have been given a free bronze pack and two all player packs of mixed grades. I was under the impression that I was to get two GOLD packs, as ive played it before.

When I opened the packs I did get, I could not do anything with them. I had to click Play Now (at the top of the screen). Something I keep on having to do it seems.

Basically any advice anyone can give me would be grateful. Im pretty hopeless with PCs/laptops etcand am relly struggling navigating round the screens.

Ive had a brief look on the forums on the ea site and cant find anything.

Grey Delta
09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
First problem - change your screen resolution or use the horizontal scroll bar.

Second problem - you get your gold packs when you load up the main game.

No idea what you mean about not being able to do anything with your cards, i suggest updating your web browser and flash player.

Morbido
09-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Ok cheers. Im pretty nuch sorted now.

One final thing how do I view the next section of players on the auction page?

jtr1gg3r
09-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Ok cheers. Im pretty nuch sorted now.

One final thing how do I view the next section of players on the auction page?

Theres two little arrows above the cards mate ;)

Morbido
09-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Theres two little arrows above the cards mate ;)

So there is. Off to get my eyes tested first thing monday.

Im still not sure how bid tokens work. I get that you need them to bid on stuff. But you still need coins. So why would anyone spend 5000 coins to get 100 bid tokens?

I have 100. I presume you start with 25? I think I got 75 as my gift.

If it only costs one token per bid, what am I going yo do with the 85 or so that I dont use? Can I sell them? As im not realistically gonna be able to get enough coins to buy any more than 10-15 cards, unless of course I get a really good player in a gift pack.

Edit - Just thought id add that I only got an e-mail from EA to start building my UT yesterday. Four days after it was supposed to come out. It said "Your EA Sports FIFA UT web access starts today"
Would that have meant that if I tried to get on on tuesday/wednesday I would not have been able to? Anybody else get a delayed e-mail?

I did get one on the 15th advertising it. And it said they would be in touch with me about the launch, they did, but four days late.

vithzeral
09-24-2011, 10:56 PM
The bid tokens are an extra tax to try to combat the people who are buying masses of low price cards just to trash them for a few coins profit. Now you will lose money unless you make at least 50 coins per card. I assume you will receive a small number of free bid tokens on regular schedule so that anyone doing a "normal" amount of buying will not be affected.

And yes, I got the same delay and therefore missed out on several of the free cards. From what I understand their website fell over on the first day so a lot of people couldn't connect anyway.

Morbido
09-25-2011, 12:25 PM
The bid tokens are an extra tax to try to combat the people who are buying masses of low price cards just to trash them for a few coins profit. Now you will lose money unless you make at least 50 coins per card. I assume you will receive a small number of free bid tokens on regular schedule so that anyone doing a "normal" amount of buying will not be affected.

And yes, I got the same delay and therefore missed out on several of the free cards. From what I understand their website fell over on the first day so a lot of people couldn't connect anyway.

Cheers mate Thats cleared that up.