PDA

View Full Version : safety car

Nanbag
09-24-2011, 06:50 PM
its great and all having it in, but is there a way to turn that fucking autobrake thing off. if you overtake it or the car in front you should get a penalty, end of discussion, i dont like being told when i should slow down.

example,when i know the safety car will be in on the next lap, i want to get as close as possible to the car in front of me, but its impossible because it makes me brake.

please tell me there is an option for this.

also i notice that there isnt a pit button or have i missed something here? las year if you pushed Y you could go in for a pit stop earlier or later than planned, however this year Y is the DRS button, so have they remapped it or removed it completely? its a bit annoying having my engineer yell at me to pit every lap when clearly i want to do a longer stint.

WoodsMonk
09-24-2011, 07:12 PM
The pit crew will always be ready for you coming in. :) There is no button to tell them this year.

Nanbag
09-24-2011, 07:14 PM
The pit crew will always be ready for you coming in. :) There is no button to tell them this year.

lol its not a matter of them being ready or not, its my bloody race engineer saying this i dont want to hear and distracting me a la lewis hamilton lol

ii aM GhaNDi x
09-24-2011, 11:40 PM
i dont think you can turn it off although i would also like the ability to. and there isnt a button as far as im aware (and iv been playing the game alot lately) that lets you tell your crew when or not your pitting so you cant stop your engineer shouting at you :/

Nanbag
09-25-2011, 12:00 AM
i dont think you can turn it off

bullshit if this is true, my only real complaint about this game so far, whats the point in the safety car then? its just trivial like they put it in just to appease the thousands who were screaming for it without really thinking about what they were doing.

why not go one further and have it auto brake when you are going too fast for a corner to stop you doing flips and spins... (yes i know its an option, but at least its an option)