PDA

View Full Version : Will DLC's have Achievements this time around?

mgorsi
09-25-2011, 03:45 AM
I am debating on if I should buy the season pass? for extra $30s, already $80 for Limited Edition.
AM not sure if I will, but adding Achievements will help my decision?

rekikire
09-25-2011, 04:50 AM
No way to tell until they're actually released, or they say something, but going on the previous Forza iterations I'd put money on them not having achievements.

loganm223
09-25-2011, 04:55 AM
yea i would think they wouldn't release dlc with achievements

IEvil IMonkey
09-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Probably be just another 8+ car packs, like 500 isnt enough!!

I said it for F2 and F3... DLC should add new events etc that you can add life to F4 after the main career and should have g to unlock but it never happens....

TwistedFate
09-26-2011, 02:35 PM
I don't necessarily care about more cars, that won't have me playing it longer. More tracks would, and with more tracks they could easily add more events and achieves.

They could easily add achieves with DLC even if they were just cars. "Come in first in 25 races in a Ferrari/Mercedes/Lamborghini" to go with a themed car pack for example.

mgorsi
09-26-2011, 08:11 PM
So you guys think its worth it? like 8 new dlc packs for extra $30. Am still on an edge about it, and i do love racing games. BUt over 500 cars is enough. Still I don't want to me missing some awesome experience. And if they released tracks, and added few fun game modes, even like speed traps, sprint races etc. with achievements, I wouldn't be asking this question.

I know its a driving simulation, but it doesn't hurt to add few fun modes that arcade games have. releasing them as DLC will make more sense though. Either way I will be getting the Limited Edition, and will probably opt out of DLC's. 500 is enough, might buy a 1 certain pack that stands out though

DEG23
09-27-2011, 03:33 AM
So you guys think its worth it? like 8 new dlc packs for extra $30. Am still on an edge about it, and i do love racing games. BUt over 500 cars is enough. Still I don't want to me missing some awesome experience. And if they released tracks, and added few fun game modes, even like speed traps, sprint races etc. with achievements, I wouldn't be asking this question.

I know its a driving simulation, but it doesn't hurt to add few fun modes that arcade games have. releasing them as DLC will make more sense though. Either way I will be getting the Limited Edition, and will probably opt out of DLC's. 500 is enough, might buy a 1 certain pack that stands out though

If the DLC is cars only, i honestly don't think it's worth it. Considering how many cars come with the game, and how many you will actually drive more than once? If there are new tracks, game modes etc i would say 'buy' if you are a Forza fan. Guess the best thing to do is wait and see if any info is released about what the DLC will contain.

WoH Jabba81
09-27-2011, 08:47 AM
If the DLC is cars only, i honestly don't think it's worth it. Considering how many cars come with the game, and how many you will actually drive more than once? If there are new tracks, game modes etc i would say 'buy' if you are a Forza fan. Guess the best thing to do is wait and see if any info is released about what the DLC will contain.

Trust me, if there are cars which are owning the leaderboards and your friends show you their backlights online with one of them... you will buy it ;)

AA x driv3r
09-27-2011, 12:52 PM
I read an article saying that there will be a code that comes with every new copy of FM4, which allows you to download the Top gear soccer field, and Benchmark high speed ring.

mgorsi
09-27-2011, 03:27 PM
ohhh...soccer field!! lol

Don't give a damn bout leaderboards, already getting Bugatti SuperSport the fastest car!! I ll pass on the DLC's, will buy it in a year or so, when its like 50%off on XBL!!

ReklezZTrini
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
ohhh...soccer field!! lol

Don't give a damn bout leaderboards, already getting Bugatti SuperSport the fastest car!! I ll pass on the DLC's, will buy it in a year or so, when its like 50%off on XBL!!

Bugatti is GARBAGE...
IMHO

SuperSkyline89
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Bugatti is GARBAGE...
IMHO

It really is, it's so bad.

Thing handles like a brick with a rocket strapped to its back. It feels so artificial, I sold it in Forza 3 the second I made sure I didn't need it for any specific races.

As for DLC achievements, I seriously doubt it. If they cared they would have tried it with Forza 3. There's no point anyway because even if they did they would all be super easy and gimmicky.

DEG23
10-04-2011, 01:28 AM
It really is, it's so bad.

Thing handles like a brick with a rocket strapped to its back. It feels so artificial, I sold it in Forza 3 the second I made sure I didn't need it for any specific races.

As for DLC achievements, I seriously doubt it. If they cared they would have tried it with Forza 3. There's no point anyway because even if they did they would all be super easy and gimmicky.

You have to keep in mind the Bugatti was never built with the purpose of being a track car, but just an experiment to show what was possible.

Although the acceleration was impressive the understeer forced me to slow down so much, that coming out of a corner, it performed no better than a Ferrari or Lambo

OT: As for DLC achievements i agree they will be gimmicky at best.

SuperSkyline89
10-04-2011, 03:56 AM
You have to keep in mind the Bugatti was never built with the purpose of being a track car, but just an experiment to show what was possible.

Although the acceleration was impressive the understeer forced me to slow down so much, that coming out of a corner, it performed no better than a Ferrari or Lambo

OT: As for DLC achievements i agree they will be gimmicky at best.

Ya, it's really more of a science project to show what is possible than anything else. I plan to stay far away from it this time around though, I'd rather sell it and buy a car that's actually fun to drive. Even in real life, I could buy every Lamborghini since the Miura for the price of a single Veyron, and I'd rather have the Lamborghinis.

TTR 683
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I too always felt the Forza DLC's were complete useless except for online play or if you didn't yet finished the SP part of the game. New tracks in FM2 and 3 but no events at all?? Like someone says, even with cars DLC they could've added something at least to achieve/finish! I know i can't leave the DLC alone so i'll buy all anyway...but adding something to do would make me happy.