PDA

View Full Version : Pro Mode

Razorable
09-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Im just wondering , when i unlock pro mode can i keep my stuff from my medium playthrough or do i start clean?
also are there any special things i can get from the merchant?.
i havent played this game in ages so i have forgotten.

Darthgamer138
09-25-2011, 09:09 AM
You have to start fresh.

Cyano Khaar
09-25-2011, 09:16 AM
You start from scratch, but there is one thing you can do to help your pro playthrough.

Complete seperate ways and you'll unlock the gangster outfit for Leon and the armor for Ashley. This makes Ashley nearly invincible and makes the pro playthrough much easier.

So after completing seperate ways, start a new game on pro and select special costumes 2.

JuSt BLaZe
09-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Complete seperate ways and you'll unlock the gangster outfit for Leon and the armor for Ashley. This makes Ashley nearly invincible and makes the pro playthrough much easier.
So after completing seperate ways, start a new game on pro and select special costumes 2.

Yeah, also Leon's Suplex move becomes pretty handy & useful.

Resident Evil 4 Suplex - YouTube

AltarofPlagues
09-25-2011, 10:42 PM
no suplex move. booo

macgyver893
09-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Yeah, also Leon's Suplex move becomes pretty handy & useful.

Resident Evil 4 Suplex - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxYA32284Aw)

You don't need that outfit to be able to use the suplex though. I've been doing it all over the castle on my first playthrough lol.

A ZombieTwinkie
09-26-2011, 05:46 AM
You don't need that outfit to be able to use the suplex though. I've been doing it all over the castle on my first playthrough lol.

I don't think the vid was implying that you needed the suit to do it. Just showing that it could be done.

JuSt BLaZe
09-26-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't think the vid was implying that you needed the suit to do it. Just showing that it could be done.

Yup exactly. :) It does more damage & sometimes a instant kill if the enemie is hurt enough as shown in the video.

Tommy Gun 81
09-26-2011, 03:07 PM
How to do the suplex move? Couldn't do it onceight no during my first playthrough...i'm at 5-4 right now...all i can do is kick!

JuSt BLaZe
09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
How to do the suplex move? Couldn't do it onceight no during my first playthrough...i'm at 5-4 right now...all i can do is kick!

See that's the weird part of it.

Some say:

- You can do it only when you reach the castle.
- Others, as soon as you captured Ashley.
- Or you have to play through the game once to unlock this move.
- Only possible with Special Costume 1 and 2.

So is this another regional thing or what!?

Tommy Gun 81
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Since being from Germany i have the German version...maybe it is cut!

JuSt BLaZe
09-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Since being from Germany i have the German version...maybe it is cut!

No no IT'S NOT. I have also the USK version here, tested it, you can do it too! ;)

Just wait till you have a NEW GAME+ and one of the Special Customs.

A ZombieTwinkie
09-26-2011, 04:59 PM
I noticed I was able to do it during chapter 2-3. I did it once, but didn't notice it again till chapter 3-2.

They have to be on their knees to do it. And it is a pretty devastating move. Just pop a few shots into their chest, pop them in the knee. And, as long as they drop to your knees, run up to them and press :Xbut:.

xf02
09-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Suplex is only doable on the zealots (the dudes with robes). Regular ganados on their knees will prompt a kick. Doesn't matter what point in the game you are, those moves are exclusive to those types of enemies. I think some of the non-village ganados later in the game also prompt a suplex.

Fun fact: Ashley can perform a suplex too. RE4 Ashley Suplex - YouTube

The Stray
09-26-2011, 07:58 PM
I lol at that, So Luis was right, she is equipped with "Ballistics".

A ZombieTwinkie
09-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Suplex is only doable on the zealots (the dudes with robes). Regular ganados on their knees will prompt a kick. Doesn't matter what point in the game you are, those moves are exclusive to those types of enemies. I think some of the non-village ganados later in the game also prompt a suplex.

Fun fact: Ashley can perform a suplex too. RE4 Ashley Suplex - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Tg1btDrMA)

No. I can confirm it's not only on them. I'm on the island suplexing a lot of guys. One of them being one of the guys in a Orange Jumpsuit with a Gas Mask wrapped in Barbed Wire carrying a Electric Prod. I get a kick prompt when their staggering, like after throwing a Flash Grenade, for instance.

xf02
09-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah, that's my bad there. I meant to remove the bit about it only working on the zealots. I was just trying to say that different types of enemies have specific moves you can do on them - like if you managed to somehow spawn a village ganado on the last section, it'd still only get you kick prompts when they're on their knees.

Dirty130
09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Wow @ Ash's Suplex :woop:

lazygammer13
09-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Wow, I was at least hoping to be able to use the Chicago Typewriter, but apparently thats out too...?

Yeloazndevil
09-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Wow, I was at least hoping to be able to use the Chicago Typewriter, but apparently thats out too...?

yea only way to get it is in a 2nd round

on a side note I was also going to do a normal speedrun with the chicago typewriter and I'm 200,000 PTAs short. I'll just finish my pro run :(

L0cke89
09-27-2011, 12:46 AM
See that's the weird part of it.

Some say:

- You can do it only when you reach the castle.
- Others, as soon as you captured Ashley.
- Or you have to play through the game once to unlock this move.
- Only possible with Special Costume 1 and 2.

So is this another regional thing or what!?

You can only do it after 3-1, because the enemies before that won't fall on their knees.

JuSt BLaZe
09-27-2011, 06:46 AM
on a side note I was also going to do a normal speedrun with the chicago typewriter and I'm 200,000 PTAs short. I'll just finish my pro run :(

Hehe, I achieved a decent 3:46'37". NORMAL, NEW GAME & no special weapons (New Round doesn't count anyway!). Worldrank #20! Looking good. :woop: