PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember this one being good?

EliteShadowMan
09-25-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm about to go buy a point card for Tuesday when the game gets released. But i can't for the life of me remember if it was good or not. I know i played it a little bit, but only part i really remember is the first graveyard scared the shit outta me cause i was like 10 when i played it.

Also did it have good scares?

Tk l GaMBit
09-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi,

In my opinion the game was a very funny ride (back in those good old days ;)). I Played through it several times and liked it very much.
It depends on weather you like the "classical" Resident Evil gameplay or not. If so, you will defenitely not be disappointed by this one. It is maybe not the best of the classical RE's but it is still quite good and I am very looking forward to this on XBLA.

But as I said just my (subjective) opinion.

Felly117
09-25-2011, 02:04 PM
This is the best Resident Evil ever in my opinion. Definately worth a buy

Plym
09-25-2011, 02:14 PM
It used to be my favourite too. The story is insane!

TheLegendOf1977
09-26-2011, 09:53 AM

My thoughts exactly!! Although most of it came from al the references/reveals and background story of older RE games that were given in Code Veronica, so if he hasn't played the older Re's he might not enjoy it as much.
But then again: seing that MASTERFUL opening cinematic again is almost worth the full price...

Komrade Kayce
09-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Its the last real Resident Evil game made. Its pretty much the pinnacle of the series... besides REmake, of course.

x2o2lx
09-26-2011, 03:11 PM
I say get it. It is the best RE game in my opinion, and the last one that is true to the element of survival horror.

i got squeezed
09-26-2011, 03:27 PM
I wish they had a trial, because I played it on the GC many years ago and hated it. I wonder if I will like it now since its in HD and has achievements. I do like the classic RE games too, so thats a +

8BitSoul
09-26-2011, 04:49 PM
In my honest opinion, Code Veronica is one of the best "classic" style RE games! My personal favorite is RE2, but Code Veronica is also fantastic. I just favor 2 because of the story:3 As for CV, it's a great game, with varied locations, eerie and thick atmosphere, and also includes some of RE's gayest characters ever; Steve and more notably, Alfred...:P If you liked any of the old-school RE games, you will definitely like this one! Keep in mind though, it's 10 years old now, and it's control scheme hasn't aged well. So unless you are acustomed to old school controls, be prepared to re-learn it as you go. It might take a while at first, but CV is worth it;)

Annalie
09-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Hopefully this game gets more then a facelift. but im pleased with the responses so i may buy it. i just hope the controls dont suck.

backbiter
09-27-2011, 01:38 AM
I remember enjoying it the first time around. It was fun to be able to play Claire and then Chris.

JuSt BLaZe
09-27-2011, 06:40 AM
..i just hope the controls dont suck.

We already know about that. :)

EliteShadowMan
09-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Hopefully this game gets more then a facelift. but im pleased with the responses so i may buy it. i just hope the controls dont suck.

If the controls suck, then we'll be seeing 10+ threads again on "These controls are terrible". Atleast this time around it's more fitting to make that type of a thread over RE4 haha.

And to the other people, i've played all the resident evils (minus the remake of 1). But i never finished any of them besides 2, 4, and 5 since i was never able to get enough time to finish the other games.

I remember Code Veronica scaring the shit outta me when i was young but thats it, now i'm just waiting for it to be released.

Skititlez
09-27-2011, 08:00 AM
This was one of my favorite games on the Dreamcast. Interested to see if it holds up at all on the 360. Either way, buying it in the morning.

Free Beer
09-27-2011, 02:30 PM
This is prolly one of my fav if not my complete fav RE title of all time.

Annalie
09-27-2011, 06:00 PM
If the controls suck, then we'll be seeing 10+ threads again on "These controls are terrible". Atleast this time around it's more fitting to make that type of a thread over RE4 haha.

And to the other people, i've played all the resident evils (minus the remake of 1). But i never finished any of them besides 2, 4, and 5 since i was never able to get enough time to finish the other games.

I remember Code Veronica scaring the shit outta me when i was young but thats it, now i'm just waiting for it to be released.

Well it was like i feared. horrible controls from 11 years ago. why couldn't capcom just tweak it a bit, seriously... playing this game will be an issue. i never got to play this back when i was 12 so i dont know if i can get used to using the d-pad to move around. and pressing X every time i want to go up some stairs lol.:eek: sad thing is there is probably no option to fix this.

baker
09-27-2011, 06:51 PM
I agree about it being the last proper Survival Horror R.E. but I don't think it was the best. That title would have to go to 2 IMO.

I would love it if they re released Resident Evil 2.

EliteShadowMan
09-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Well it was like i feared. horrible controls from 11 years ago. why couldn't capcom just tweak it a bit, seriously... playing this game will be an issue. i never got to play this back when i was 12 so i dont know if i can get used to using the d-pad to move around. and pressing X every time i want to go up some stairs lol.:eek: sad thing is there is probably no option to fix this.

I did have a slight problem with controls for the first 5 minutes, but i think i'm already pretty used to them now. I do agree on it being a bad idea to have to hit X to go up some stairs. Got me attacked quite a bit for that, since i always forget.

xRyudo
09-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Enhanced graphics, not enhanced game features.

If they had to change the control scheme to not have to press "X" in front of a stair or ladder they'd have to redo the entire game to allow yourself to freely move around like RE4/5. (Not that I would mind a full remake of course with RE5's graphics!)

Annalie
09-28-2011, 12:18 AM
I did have a slight problem with controls for the first 5 minutes, but i think i'm already pretty used to them now. I do agree on it being a bad idea to have to hit X to go up some stairs. Got me attacked quite a bit for that, since i always forget.

Yea the D pad helps alot. but i still dont think ill fully get used to it. now lets talk about the save system -_- my god. i tried running around looking for ink but i never found any. all my progress down the drain. i only played for an hour but still.:p oh well back to SAW.

xRyudo
09-28-2011, 12:20 AM
I wish I did Save near the end, just to get the Concept Art at the Ranking Page on a 1920x1080 screenshot to use as wallpaper.

Now I have to play 2 hours again just to reach that part.

Annalie
09-28-2011, 12:26 AM
I wish I did Save near the end, just to get the Concept Art at the Ranking Page on a 1920x1080 screenshot to use as wallpaper.

Now I have to play 2 hours again just to reach that part.

Yea the save system is depressing. and confusing. if i cant find ink i cant save right? but then people say you can only save once at a certain part. why are there typewriters everywhere then?

so if i die i have to start from nothing...... and im not in the mood for all that. i should have listened to blaze and never bought it:( he warned me about the camera and the controls and i brushed it off. IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN!!!!!.:(:(:(

xRyudo
09-28-2011, 12:41 AM
You can Save as many times as you want at any typewriter as long as you have the Ink Ribbons required to do so.

To get A-Rank in this game you simply can't Save at all, which is probably the worst thing they could ever ask in a game. The only time you get to Save then is a Free Save that they offer halfway into the game.

All in all there should be more than enough Ribbons to get you through the game, as a new player it's recommended to keep some extra Saves, because you might end up at parts with no ammo, or no herbs, that way you can go back to an earlier Save without having to restart the whole game.

There's at least 30 ribbons in the game that you can use for Saving, that should be more than enough even for a new player.

Hyyr
09-28-2011, 12:48 AM
In my opinion, this was the best Resident Evil (have it on Dreamcast). It was also the last of the "real" ones. I didn't like the newer, spin-off games at all.

I'm hoping that RE, RE2, and RE3: Nemesis all get released on the Xbox 360. None of the remakes though, the original ones.

xRyudo
09-28-2011, 12:49 AM
In my opinion, this was the best Resident Evil (have it on Dreamcast). It was also the last of the "real" ones. I didn't like the newer, spin-off games at all.

I'm hoping that RE, RE2, and RE3: Nemesis all get released on the Xbox 360. None of the remakes though, the original ones.

Definitely. Though I want REmake on XBOX360 as well, because I simply loved the game and epic graphics (even to this day). RE2 and RE3 for sure too, some of my favs.

JuSt BLaZe
09-28-2011, 01:04 AM
i should have listened to blaze and never bought it:( he warned me about the camera and the controls and i brushed it off. IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN!!!!!.:(:(:(

Hey now I feel bad about it. :o Next time I will triple warn you. :)

IMO not the best. I go for Resident Evil (1996) & Resident Evil 2 (1998) and the only spin-offs that I really hate so much are the ones for the ugly Wii.

EliteShadowMan
09-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Yea the D pad helps alot. but i still dont think ill fully get used to it. now lets talk about the save system -_- my god. i tried running around looking for ink but i never found any. all my progress down the drain. i only played for an hour but still.:p oh well back to SAW.

Yep. I totally forgot about the Ink ribbons as soon as i played it thise morning haha. You shouldn't have any issues finding ink at all. Anywhere that has a typewriter usually has a couple of Ink Ribbons next to it.

personally it sounds like you possibly don't like the way the camera angles are and what not? cause i love how the old RE games had their camera angles, even when they're a pain in the ass.

Hey now I feel bad about it. :o Next time I will triple warn you. :)

IMO not the best. I go for Resident Evil (1996) & Resident Evil 2 (1998) and the only spin-offs that I really hate so much are the ones for the ugly Wii.

As much as i love the old Resident Evil games, i still can't get over the horrid voice acting. Especially in Code Veronica lol.

Fug the Pug
09-28-2011, 02:20 AM

There is an ink ribbon right outside the beginning room next to the typewriter. Hopefully this will keep you going for a bit. If you run out look around safe rooms for black discs. They normally put them near typewriters for convenience.

Darkforce412
09-28-2011, 03:09 AM

i think u need to play more resident evil games 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 were waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better then this one im sorry for being rude. im just a sad panda bear:(

JuSt BLaZe
09-28-2011, 09:30 AM
As much as i love the old Resident Evil games, i still can't get over the horrid voice acting. Especially in Code Veronica lol.

Haha right. Agree with the voice acting. But back then it was all about "a whole new experience of killing zombies in video games".

Prelude2disastr
09-28-2011, 09:39 AM

With the releases of an HD collection of MGS and Silent Hill, I'm putting my hope into an HD collection of RE1-3 being released.

PLEASE CAPCOM, FOLLOW KONAMI AND RELEASE THIS!! *knows that no Capcom employees will read this, but a boy can hope*

Fug the Pug
09-29-2011, 02:37 AM
With the releases of an HD collection of MGS and Silent Hill, I'm putting my hope into an HD collection of RE1-3 being released.

PLEASE CAPCOM, FOLLOW KONAMI AND RELEASE THIS!! *knows that no Capcom employees will read this, but a boy can hope*

I agree. Those are the best the series has to offer and it would be a good move business-wise because all this classic resident evil hype would really get people's RE juices flowing for Operation Raccoon City. I mean think about it; what better way to get people excited for a product than get its source material fresh in their minds?

xXImSoBalzyXx
10-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Looks like I'll be getting this after I beat RE4.