PDA

View Full Version : Have to Dashboard to exit game?

GSTAR321
09-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Whats the deal with that ... ?

Theres no option to return to title screen ... instead I have to just goto the dashboard to exit ...

EliteShadowMan
09-25-2011, 08:54 AM

Theres no option to return to title screen ... instead I have to just goto the dashboard to exit ...

how about you pay more attention to your game. All you have to do is hit the select button and go to retry/load, then go to the option that says reset game.

JuSt BLaZe
09-25-2011, 09:46 AM

Hahaha, that was funny.

how about you pay more attention to your game. All you have to do is hit the select button and go to retry/load, then go to the option that says reset game.

Exactly. Pay more attention to the menu instead of rage quitting.

UCB Disco
09-25-2011, 10:09 AM
He does have a point, though. This was something, once again, Capcom could have easily dealt with and decided to leave it exactly the way it was before. It's pretty poorly set up.

As I continue to say, the graphics look GREAT, but the menus and controls are just like on the Gamecube... which was good then, but NOT good now.

GSTAR321
09-25-2011, 10:15 AM

I saw the 'reset' option listed but I was a little afraid of selecting it as I was under the impression it would wipe my save and start a new one over it.

If anything buddy, I paid too much attention. I obviously read into it too much and should have just blindly pressed the reset button like any other 'normal' person would have done without thinking of the consequences. Because 'reset' means go back to the title screen right?

KayCeaEffahless
09-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I saw the 'reset' option listed but I was a little afraid of selecting it as I was under the impression it would wipe my save and start a new one over it.

If anything buddy, I paid too much attention. I obviously read into it too much and should have just blindly pressed the reset button like any other 'normal' person would have done without thinking of the consequences. Because 'reset' means go back to the title screen right?

The way they word it as "Reset" scared me back then..And it still scares me now. You're not the only to read it and think that=_=. You can't ever be too careful...Though like UCB Disco said, Capcom should've tweeked the menu. But I guess that isn't a big deal...still attention to detail is always nice;)

L0cke89
09-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, there is and option as described above but I get the point.

RE4 originally came out in early 2005 on the Game Cube when a "real" dashboard (beside system settings and memory card) wasn't a thing. You put the game in, press the power button and the game loads up.

I remember it being quicker to just hit Reset instead of going through the menu. That why I never noticed it. I played till I had other shit to do or wanted to play another game, so getting to the title screen was never a real issue.

These days you already feel old with just being over 20 (22 myself).
Noticed that when someone said "save-icon" to a floppy disc >.>

joe joe
09-27-2011, 08:44 AM
just push select and the option is there to go back to main menu