PDA

View Full Version : People playing this game already

Hawaiian
09-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Seems as if Turn10/Microsoft sent out some early copies of Forza Motorsport 4. Some people are already playing & unlocking achievements:

http://www.trueachievements.com/Forza-Motorsport-4-xbox-360.htm

http://www.trueachievements.com/gamegamer.aspx?gameid=4053

I want this now too :p

TwistedFate
09-25-2011, 02:59 PM
It happens with every game. Review copies and pirated copies appear early.

IEvil IMonkey
09-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Lets hope the BAN HAMMER falls swiftly on those who have pirated it =)

iBuzz7S
09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
http://live.xbox.com/en-AU/MyXbox/Profile?gamertag=Hoss360

He's a forum moderator, so I guess they are saying thanks for his dedication with an early copy of the game.

Not too sure about the other guy, but who really cares? And zinadine, already jumping on the pirate bandwagon. *sigh*

IEvil IMonkey
09-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Not too sure about the other guy, but who really cares? And zinadine, already jumping on the pirate bandwagon. *sigh*

What do you mean *sigh*?

This exact same thing happened with Forza3, even on the forums here when a guy was found playing it early... he only got rumbled when a few people asked him to post a pic of the disc (which he foolishly did) and right enough it was purple on the reverse and didnt have the xbox logos on the center circle part thus proving it a pirated copy!

Fair enough if the 1st guy is ok but when people play a game 2-3 WEEKS before release many of us get suspicious and wonder how they have it SO EARLY :confused:

V3T Hunter
10-02-2011, 05:53 AM
There are people playing almost every game that hasn't been released yet and it happens all the time.

Mette
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Some people at forzamotorsport.net received a "green disc" from Turn10 2 weeks ago or something. They are asked to test the game so they are playing the game already. They were handpicked by Turn10 on the fact that they are the main contributors on the forums there.

Also the press have their Review copies since that time, so it has to be expected that people already play the game.

I'm quite sure (almost) none of those are pirated versions.
They are posting stuff in the forums there (pictures mainly) and they wouldn't do that if they had a pirated copy because Turn10 is also posting there.

MAD MAZTEC
10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Turn 10 Gave out the green discs to "Certain" people for a reason (Listed Below)

- Test the game for bugs/glitches
- Make sure the car sounds are correct
- Make sure the tuning/painting options are correct
- Create Files (Tuning/Designs/Vinyls/Photos) For the storefront,so when the game is released there is a supply in the Storefront already there to buy.
- NON are pirated versions, Who ever received the Green Discs will abide by the ToS.

This answer your question?

judd90
10-03-2011, 01:12 PM
There's no pirated copies they are just for testing as said above.

Renouf100
10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
I dont mind people getting it early and testing but accounts should be wiped clean ready for release date, most of us will finish a game in a few days to a week so to have a game 2 -3 weeks before anyone else is unfair they could have finshed it got 1000g and moved to another game by the time we unwrap it :(

Mohegan13
10-03-2011, 06:56 PM
The only problem I have with people getting the game this early, is that they will have an unfair credit boost over the rest of us. For the most part that won't be a problem, unless they are bidding on unicorns.

Although for us Europeans, we'd still have that problem as we get the game 3 days later than North America anyway. Unicorn auctions should be regional IMO.

MAD MAZTEC
10-03-2011, 07:54 PM
The only problem I have with people getting the game this early, is that they will have an unfair credit boost over the rest of us. For the most part that won't be a problem, unless they are bidding on unicorns.

Although for us Europeans, we'd still have that problem as we get the game 3 days later than North America anyway. Unicorn auctions should be regional IMO.

Unfair?

Is Getting the game Early to test for bugs and create content for the storefront to get it ready for full release Unfair?

so if those people (Of which i know many of them) Didn't recieve the green discs, when people get the full released game and they play the game they will find bugs left,right & Centre and the storefront is like a ghost town that people will actually sell the game.

Yes, Europe may have that problem, but is doubtful as it is easy to earn money compared to FM3, so your not scraping the remains of the auction house.

To d a regional AH would be a massive hassle for Turn 10 & Microsoft, as then they would need to put up separate servers (Which costs Money) to do so, so IMO that is an Invalid point.

SuperSkyline89
10-03-2011, 09:10 PM
I dont mind people getting it early and testing but accounts should be wiped clean ready for release date, most of us will finish a game in a few days to a week so to have a game 2 -3 weeks before anyone else is unfair they could have finshed it got 1000g and moved to another game by the time we unwrap it :(

So what? What do you care if someone got 1000g before you? It has zero effect on your life. And anyway Turn 10 have said straight out that the amount of people that get 1000g within the first few months to a year will be very low because of how long the game is. Anyone that finishes this game within a few weeks has literally no useful purpose in life.

The people that get games early from the developer aren't the people that are gonna sit there getting a billion credits just so they can buy a few thousand pixels on a screen. These people rate games, they test games, and generally move from game to game constantly as part of their job. They'll play a bit to write a review or play it to see if it's running right and then move on to the next pre-release game.

TwistedFate
10-03-2011, 09:31 PM
so if those people (Of which i know many of them) Didn't recieve the green discs, when people get the full released game and they play the game they will find bugs left,right & Centre and the storefront is like a ghost town that people will actually sell the game.

Any bugs found by these people will still be there when the game is released. They may be finding niggling little bugs for a patch down the road, but they are not getting the game bug free for release. The Final game is submitted to MS at minimum 1 month from release for certification. Spending about 2 weeks in the certification process and 2 weeks in Gold status prepping for release. By the time these folks got the game it had already gone gold or was so close that no changes could be made to the game and still hit the release date.

The Storefront is the only valid reason I saw given for giving them out early and that is barely a reason. Who cares if the Storefront is empty at Midnight, it will fill up within a few hours of release.

I don't care that these folks got them early, good for them. They are obviously outstanding members of the community. But they are not helping to get the the game ready for release.

iBuzz7S
10-04-2011, 03:55 AM
What do you mean *sigh*?
I didn't mean for it to come across as rude, but it gets annoying, game after game, hearing/seeing the piracy stuff. It happens, not much can be done about it.

There are ways to report it, which is the best way to bring it to the attention of the PET. Best to do that, instead of speaking of it, because our/your/their comments of piracy will encourage one more person to do it.

Renouf100
10-04-2011, 07:29 AM
So what? What do you care if someone got 1000g before you? It has zero effect on your life. And anyway Turn 10 have said straight out that the amount of people that get 1000g within the first few months to a year will be very low because of how long the game is. Anyone that finishes this game within a few weeks has literally no useful purpose in life.

you really have to ask that on a forum full of achievement chasers and racers :rolleyes: ..... ok then

SuperSkyline89
10-04-2011, 02:22 PM
you really have to ask that on a forum full of achievement chasers and racers :rolleyes: ..... ok then

Virtual chasers and racers, as in not real. Doesn't matter how much you love games (and trust me, I fucking love Forza) that's all it is in the end. It's not going to help you support your family or get you a job, it's just for fun.

Haydood
10-05-2011, 07:41 PM
some people have like a press release copy

SegaSen
10-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Yes indeed, I do for example. I can say, the game is better than I expected. The carreer is a lot more varied and better presented than before.

MxPx
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM

Umm...have you ever played Forza? It is impossible to beat in a few days...even if you were a meth addict and played the game 72-hours straight without breaks. It's a solid 300+ hour game. And that's if you rush through...

Daniel55645
10-08-2011, 04:06 AM
Lets hope the BAN HAMMER falls swiftly on those who have pirated it =)

ur just jealous that you cant get a pirated copy

Daniel55645
10-08-2011, 04:10 AM
Umm...have you ever played Forza? It is impossible to beat in a few days...even if you were a meth addict and played the game 72-hours straight without breaks. It's a solid 300+ hour game. And that's if you rush through...

i dont think its a 300+. forza 2 was about 80 hours and forza 3 took about 110.

SuperSkyline89
10-08-2011, 04:14 AM
i dont think its a 300+.

It is if you spend any meaningful time in the livery editor or tuning cars. I've spent days just working on a single livery.

But that's beside the point. The argument about people finishing the game before it comes out is just ridiculous. There's no way in hell anyone would even be close to doing that.

master_shake_350
10-08-2011, 11:24 AM
It happens with every game. Review copies and pirated copies appear early.

Not always true.

I was gonna get a legit copy yesterday but the shop I go to didn't receive the shipment.

ghost23
10-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Lesser known retailers aren't afraid to break street date. You will rarely see the big ones like Gamestop selling early.

TwistedFate
10-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Not always true.

I was gonna get a legit copy yesterday but the shop I go to didn't receive the shipment.

Just because a rare handful of legit copies appear early, does not mean review copies and pirate copies don't. My statement is always true, I didn't say they were the only early copies available early.

Daniel55645
10-08-2011, 11:28 PM
It is if you spend any meaningful time in the livery editor or tuning cars. I've spent days just working on a single livery.

But that's beside the point. The argument about people finishing the game before it comes out is just ridiculous. There's no way in hell anyone would even be close to doing that.

def true. no one will have it done, but i was just saying if your going for straight achievements and nothing else its not a 300 hour game

roneraven
10-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Unfair?

Is Getting the game Early to test for bugs and create content for the storefront to get it ready for full release Unfair?

Yes, Europe may have that problem, but is doubtful as it is easy to earn money compared to FM3, so your not scraping the remains of the auction house.

To d a regional AH would be a massive hassle for Turn 10 & Microsoft, as then they would need to put up separate servers (Which costs Money) to do so, so IMO that is an Invalid point.

Get him roosta!!! Lol By the way, I'm sooo jealous of Pete and his green disc. Oh well two more days and I'll have mine!!

MxPx
10-09-2011, 06:19 PM
i dont think its a 300+. forza 2 was about 80 hours and forza 3 took about 110.

I suppose if you simulated every race with a hired driver, you could finish in a week.

But racing through every race...(meaning, losing and having to redo some of them a couple times)...it takes a WHILE. And Forza 4 is supposed to be significantly longer than Forza 3 anyways.

def true. no one will have it done, but i was just saying if your going for straight achievements and nothing else its not a 300 hour game

Well one of the achievements is to finish every race with Gold, no? And then there's others like, "Reach car level 50", right? I'm not seeing how you could finish this in 110...unless you play on super-easy mode with hired drivers. But me, I like a little competition. ;)