PDA

View Full Version : fable

mommabutterfly
09-25-2011, 07:21 PM
I can't wait until the new Fable, for kinect, is out!:woop:

Foxxy kyle
09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Okay...I dont see the point in is thread. I guess, I like Fable as well? :confused:

DarkReign2021
09-26-2011, 03:02 AM
As momma always told me: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Edit: I would like to point out that the above phrase was completely random. I was not aware of the TC's username when I wrote that and it was done completely unintentionally. Kinda funny in the long run though. lol

However, seeing as how momma's not here I gotta say: Fable never fails to disappoint me. For obvious reasons the 1st one disappointed me for the sheer number of promises that were never delivered. That said, however, Fable 1 was still an excellent game and The Lost Chapters made it infinitely more enjoyable as well.

Fable 2, however, was meh. It killed off the world of heroes, which made the world more bland and lifeless. It eliminated armor, decreased the number of spells and weapons, and the storyline was not nearly as exciting as the first game. Nevertheless, it still wasn't a bad game by any means.

Than the third game came along. They killed the emotion and NPC interaction system, they eliminated a huge number of spells and weapons, even less costumes, an even lamer story, alignment had absolutely no effect of any real value, and the King's Grant system absolutely broken and ultimately pointless in your fight at the end. (Seriously, you make 10 decisions where either you're a royal dick to make money or a good king and lose money? Why aren't taxes going toward the bank vault either? So many potential side-missions could've been held here as well. Considering how much attention they put into promoting this system, you only spent about 15 minutes with it the entire game.

Now the new Fable is going even further from the story of the Heroes of Albion AND it's being slapped onto a Rail-based gameplay? Terrible idea. Now the explortation of Albion, probably the strongest point of all 3 games, is gone as well. I wonder how many other features (Marriage, birth, alignment, extorntion, robbery, etc...) will be cut from this game. Fortunately a Fable 4 is still in the works , but I hope they make a move back toward the original Fable game in terms of Story (I'd like to see something similar to what Star Wars did after Episode 6 where the Jedi Order was reborn. Heroes need to be brought back to their former glory.)

PurplePogoPunk
09-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Any half decent Kinect game is good by me, I would prefer a 'real' Fable game but with so few games I like on Kinect I'm looking forward to this one

Sylencia
09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know how much use Kinect is going to get in the new Fable exactly ?

Tried using Google but I think my search mojo is off :(

DarkReign2021
09-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know how much use Kinect is going to get in the new Fable exactly ?

Tried using Google but I think my search mojo is off :(

Fable: The Journey is 100% kinect driven. It's not a "Better with Kinect" game like Forza 4, Mass Effect 3, etc... (it's possible a controller will be optional in place of the Kinect, but it doesn't seem likely. Peter Molyneux is an avid supporter of this tech. He's not going to let people go around playing it any way other than what he intends it to be.)

JadeSkellingt0n
10-20-2011, 03:14 PM
I honestly don't like the idea of it being an on-rail game. One of the best things about fable is being able to go where you want and do what you want. I won't be getting it.

Pyrochaos
10-20-2011, 03:30 PM
I honestly don't like the idea of it being an on-rail game. One of the best things about fable is being able to go where you want and do what you want. I won't be getting it.

I'd wait and see. Apparently Peter was pissed at MS for only showing very little during e3. If there is variety in the game it might be fun. There has to be hand to hand combat, magic combat, and fire arms combat. The horse riding scene... screw that.

Veedrock
10-20-2011, 11:04 PM
One of the best things about fable is being able to go where you want and do what you want.

One of the best things about Halo is that every game is an epic FPS experience. But then Halo Wars came out with something completely different, but it didn't fundamentally change the series.

This title is not Fable 4, don't put yourself into that mentality. It's supposed to be a new experience, it's not fair to write it off so easily because of that.

SiebeTolsma
10-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Fable: The Journey is 100% kinect driven. It's not a "Better with Kinect" game like Forza 4, Mass Effect 3, etc... (it's possible a controller will be optional in place of the Kinect, but it doesn't seem likely. Peter Molyneux is an avid supporter of this tech. He's not going to let people go around playing it any way other than what he intends it to be.)

I'm not so sure. I'm pretty sure Molyneux has come out and said that if you wanted to use a controller you could for Fable: The Journey. Either way, the navigation system was removed from the press demo, so I bet it's going to feel a lot different from what was shown.

mokemike22
10-30-2011, 04:07 PM
i can't wait to have it! i read good reviews about it.