PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 - 99 Problems Full Length Gameplay Trailer

iBuzz7S
09-26-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coOHjF4_apI&feature=player_embedded

Hmm..... I like what I see. Actual gameplay footage. :woop:

InsaneKane87
09-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Nice trailer, not to big on rap being used in VG trailers.

fastNcurious
09-26-2011, 07:04 PM
"Above and beyond the call"??? Really?!?!

Is anyone else sick of these BF vs CoD debates/bullcrap?

I still maintain my stance that both games are so completely different in terms of gameplay experience that I would never, ever consider one as a substitute for the other.

Tatanko
09-26-2011, 07:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. A bit ridiculous if you ask me. They're not even being tasteful about it, it's blatant.

dang racoons
09-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. A bit ridiculous if you ask me. They're not even being tasteful about it, it's blatant.
Agreed I mean I found the blatant digs in bad company 2 funny. But to dig at cod in marketing is just really low and petty.

Grey Delta
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
All's fair in love and (videogame) war.

DEG23
09-27-2011, 01:24 AM
I know all of us, the squabbling masses, can't shut up about the BF3 vs COD debate, but i think it's kind of sad that Activision and EA are doing the same.

Although the references in Bad Company 2 were a quick 'ha' moment, i really hope there are no references like this in BF3's campaign, it will really detach from the 'in the moment' factor.

Suiken
09-27-2011, 05:25 AM

Is anyone else sick of these BF vs CoD debates/bullcrap?

I still maintain my stance that both games are so completely different in terms of gameplay experience that I would never, ever consider one as a substitute for the other.

No, I applaud it. No one gave Apple shit for the PC vs Mac commercials. What's the difference here? If anything, its more subtle...

And please don't tell me that the games are completely different. That is nonsense, especially from a marketing perspective. The games are actually quite similar, and the differences are only in the details. The comparison is valid. Many people will only play 1 modern setting shooter game, so they are direct competitors with each other.

Suiken
09-27-2011, 05:25 AM
All's fair in love and (videogame) war.

And business...

Tatanko
09-27-2011, 10:06 AM
The games are actually quite similar, and the differences are only in the details.
I think that's stretching the truth a bit. Yes, they're both modern shooters, but I'd say that's where the similarities end. I would even say there's more that's different about them than similar. No one with half a brain can deny that they're in competition with each other, though.

Barad
09-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Trailer is looking good, fits well with the song I guess.

Suiken
09-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I think that's stretching the truth a bit. Yes, they're both modern shooters, but I'd say that's where the similarities end. I would even say there's more that's different about them than similar. No one with half a brain can deny that they're in competition with each other, though.

Yeah, I was exaggerating my point a bit, but in terms of competition and marketing, they clearly are each others' biggest competitor.

Tatanko
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I was exaggerating my point a bit, but in terms of competition and marketing, they clearly are each others' biggest competitor.
No doubt about that! Anyone who feels differently is oblivious as shit :p

guillermo316
09-29-2011, 02:11 AM
I got 99 problems but a ninja ain't one.

MediumMelanin
09-29-2011, 02:12 AM
It was a really fast trailer, man, Caspian Border is really awesome! Too bad it's not on the xbox beta, I played it on the PC! :) Operation Métro is good, too bad I never make it to the end much!