PDA

View Full Version : The Merchant should return in RE6

Sgt Scyther
09-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Seriously, this guy was awesome. I was bummed he wasn't in RE5. When I don't have enough cash for something I want to hear "Not enough cash, stranga!" When I sell something for a high amount I want to be told "I'll buy it at a high price!" And I want to be complemented on my gun purchases too.

I know he adds nothing to the game gameplay wise but the Merchat adds a certain layer of charm to the game.

joe joe
09-27-2011, 08:28 AM
he starts to do your head in by the second play thought

Dislecksier
09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
No he doesn't.

I've played through this game about 40 times, and he doesn't get old!

DemonDuffeh
09-28-2011, 07:43 AM
The guy who does the merchants voice was also the voice of leon i never knew that till looked at credits summit to listen for next play lol And he wud be awsome to come bk
*Spoiler*

just that dint you leave him on the island at the end when it was kind of blowing up lol Leon dint even tell him to run or anything :P

JuSt BLaZe
09-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Yeah I want him back too. Or maybe him...

Mega64: Resident Evil 4 - YouTube

DemonDuffeh
09-28-2011, 10:57 PM

EPIC XD
I want to see that guy in town or sumit lol

joe joe
09-29-2011, 12:01 AM
just blaze that youtube clip is mint.

WarGod3
09-29-2011, 01:48 AM
he starts to do your head in by the second play thought
he stared to do me head in 20 mins in lol

xCGIx PUNISHER
09-29-2011, 03:32 AM
That video is so epic. "What are ya sellin'?" "Pizza." "Ah.... I'll buy it at a high price!"

But like I said in another thread, RE6 needs to bring back the Merchant, the Attache Case, and make it open-world with quests. That would literally be the greatest game ever made. Ever.

A ZombieTwinkie
09-29-2011, 04:56 AM
The guy who does the merchants voice was also the voice of leon i never knew that till looked at credits summit to listen for next play lol And he wud be awsome to come bk
*Spoiler*

just that dint you leave him on the island at the end when it was kind of blowing up lol Leon dint even tell him to run or anything :P

Hah, I was just thinking that as I finished it (again) earlier today.

That video is so epic. "What are ya sellin'?" "Pizza." "Ah.... I'll buy it at a high price!"

But like I said in another thread, RE6 needs to bring back the Merchant, the Attache Case, and make it open-world with quests. That would literally be the greatest game ever made. Ever.

It would be pretty B.A., but it's Capcom, and they don't really like to listen to their fans any more, it seems

KayCeaEffahless
09-29-2011, 07:43 AM
It would be pretty B.A., but it's Capcom, and they don't really like to listen to their fans any more, it seems

Cashcom hears..AND listens to it's fans....They just decide to ignore us:(
That or hold back all of our requests and release it as separate DLC to make an extra buck here and there;)

k1lls1gn
09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Lmao at that vid.. you got to love the merchant.

JuSt BLaZe
09-29-2011, 10:02 AM
EPIC XD
I want to see that guy in town or sumit lol
just blaze that youtube clip is mint.
Lmao at that vid.. you got to love the merchant.

I've been watching this video over and over again since 2006. Cops blocking every fun though.

DocRevolt
10-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Haha I've loved that video ever since it came out. But yeah, RE5 felt empty without the merchant there, they really need to bring him back next time around.

Zander Soulwind
10-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Hell yeah he should come back into it, best merchant to have ever been made. Also, That video is old but is awesome/funny stuff.

softerxsin495
10-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Haha, yes the merchant is awesome. Would like to see him in Res 6 as well.

Darkforce412
10-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Seriously, this guy was awesome. I was bummed he wasn't in RE5. When I don't have enough cash for something I want to hear "Not enough cash, stranga!" When I sell something for a high amount I want to be told "I'll buy it at a high price!" And I want to be complemented on my gun purchases too.

I know he adds nothing to the game gameplay wise but the Merchat adds a certain layer of charm to the game.

holy shit that was the first thing i was thinking when iv heard of RE6 the marchent should return. I thought he was going to be in RE5 but they just put a randome store u go in which was kinda dumb.

JSP 16
10-19-2011, 05:22 PM
the merchant shoulda juss used his chicago typewriter and infinite rocket launcher and juss ran through the game for Leon while he saves that dumb blonde....lmao.....but yea...she should definitely be back for part 6

Darkforce412
10-19-2011, 07:05 PM

Mega64: Resident Evil 4 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc)

oh yeah i remember that. If i was their i would have said dont i know u?

a7x4lyf3
10-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Whaddya buyin? Whaddya sellin? Hee hee hee hee, thank you!, stranger! stranger! now thats a weapon! STRANGER! Hee haH! what ya need that for? goin huntin an elephant?

Darkforce412
10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
u know most of the time the makers of the game would listen to the fans and give them what they want so they might bring him back in RE6 but i dont know if capcom listens to the fans but if they dont they really should to show your loyelty to the people they buy your games and the more u listen to us the more respect u will get.:)

a7x4lyf3
10-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Resident Evil is my favorite zombie game (unfortunately not as of late...) but capcom listening to their fans and adding stuff due to requests from us? Ha! Might as well ask for Americans and Canadians to love eachother.

Zander Soulwind
10-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Whaddya buyin? Whaddya sellin? Hee hee hee hee, thank you!, stranger! stranger! now thats a weapon! STRANGER! Hee haH! what ya need that for? goin huntin an elephant?

You missed one. 'Not enough cash! Stranger.' XD I used to make him say that for the fun of it.

CellFrame
10-29-2011, 08:34 PM
but the Merchat adds a certain layer of charm to the game.

Not only does he add a layer of charm, but also a layer of depth.

However, the ending of the YouTube video makes it obvious why he wasn't able to return in RE5. ;)

phenixdwn
11-13-2011, 03:54 AM
honestly they way they have been spacing the main story games the past few years... Kingdom Hearts 3 will be out before Resident Evil 6 LOL.

Fueled by Rage
01-14-2012, 07:03 PM
The merchant should be a playable character in Mercenaries! Lol,with all his hardware he'd own.

airspider23
02-17-2012, 02:59 AM
I was pissed when i seen he wasn't in RE5..hope he is back for 6.

Yukichi Kurosaki
02-17-2012, 03:14 AM

Mega64: Resident Evil 4 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc)

Haha I was going to post this but you beat me to it by a long shot :P

Those guys do some crazy videos, the MGS4 one for example even has Hideo Kojima and Cliff Bleszinski in them, really amazing to see they agreed to do it lol

Mega64: Metal Gear Solid 4 (HD) - YouTube

OT - I agree, but I see why he wasn't in RE5, wouldn't make much sense. It would, however, make sense if he returned in RE6, fingers crossed! :D

deadpool316
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM

I would love to see that

shinobigarth
04-13-2012, 12:19 AM
yes totally want him to come back!

One Winged Joker
04-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Sure thing! S... TRAN... GER! :D

Great guy! Although his presence made no sense at all... :biglaugh

Leon McLane
04-14-2012, 08:06 PM
i dont think so.

Jeesp
05-01-2012, 10:09 AM
He sure was a creepy delight :) The merchant stuff in RE5 feels so stale after playing RE4.

Skorpion XBA
05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I say bring him back, too. Not just what he says but I can walk up on him and just look at him and start laughing.

Madame Kennedy
06-14-2012, 12:09 AM
I want him baaaaack. He was always a welcome sight in RE4. :]

Ultra Octopus
07-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah, Totally Agree, Much better than a Menu Screen!

Gemgemchan
07-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Yesh bring him back! Leon would totally be freaked out!! Seeing the merchant off in the distance was always a joy.

Remember one time though when you enter the castle after exploding the castle door. I turned right and saw a guy wearing black. Thought it was an enemy so I shot him. Turns out it was in fact the merchant...

|||OTL