PDA

View Full Version : BATTLEFIELD 3 xbox 360 beta footage

Vegaskingz
09-27-2011, 08:38 AM
This is pretty spectacular to me, so I thought it deserved its own thread :P if not, sorry guys. Anywho..

Battlefield 3 HD Beta Footage 30+ minutes - YouTube

Still in shock they pulled this level of graphics on a six year old console. wow dice, wow.

DamagedWill
09-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Played it for about an hour an a half. I really, REALLY hate the last M-Com area. (Operation Metro) The defending side is completely open. The adjacent area, which is separated by a street, has two large buildings with multiple floors and windows and the high ground.

Every single time we defended we were peppered with rockets and sniper fire, which was going into our spawn. I'm sure there is a strategy but damn.

Graphics were pretty nice, some clips here and there but it's a beta, I expect it.

I love the vaulting over fences, really makes it seem like your character has weight.

The overall level is pretty cool. Going prone takes getting used to. Still has the same problem from BC 1 and 2 where people still think K/D is worth everything. It got REAL annoying one game when the entire team was laying prone in bushes.

The retooled classes are for the better. No complaints there. Little things here and there I love, like how you can't blow the M-Com, or when you're disarming it can't actually blow unless you are killed trying.

Need more time with it.

Tatanko
09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Played it for about an hour an a half.
When did you play it? At an event or something?

littlejay
09-27-2011, 12:34 PM
there was a ton of feedback in the alpha about mcom station in the first area and it was impossible to attack. they said they fixed it because of the feedback so ill see in a few days :p

MxPx
09-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Played it for about an hour an a half. I really, REALLY hate the last M-Com area. (Operation Metro) The defending side is completely open. The adjacent area, which is separated by a street, has two large buildings with multiple floors and windows and the high ground.

Every single time we defended we were peppered with rockets and sniper fire, which was going into our spawn. I'm sure there is a strategy but damn.

Graphics were pretty nice, some clips here and there but it's a beta, I expect it.

I love the vaulting over fences, really makes it seem like your character has weight.

The overall level is pretty cool. Going prone takes getting used to. Still has the same problem from BC 1 and 2 where people still think K/D is worth everything. It got REAL annoying one game when the entire team was laying prone in bushes.

The retooled classes are for the better. No complaints there. Little things here and there I love, like how you can't blow the M-Com, or when you're disarming it can't actually blow unless you are killed trying.

Need more time with it.

That's how it should be. I hate the whole, "both sides have to be equal!" concept, as it is wholly unrealistic.

Burnout x360a
09-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Graphics are not too bad, looks slightly sluggish control wise but that's more down to the frame rate.

Achiever TM
09-27-2011, 01:04 PM

maybe smoke launcher.. that's the way for a few MCOMs in BC2

Tatanko
09-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Graphics are not too bad, looks slightly sluggish control wise but that's more down to the frame rate.
Possibly also the connection they were playing on. I noticed a little lag here and there, but barely noticable.
maybe smoke launcher.. that's the way for a few MCOMs in BC2
Wait... the smoke launcher can be used for purposes other than killing people? That's what I always used it for anyway... :p

Burnout x360a
09-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Possibly also the connection they were playing on. I noticed a little lag here and there, but barely noticable.

Yeah, i'm not judging until I play the retail version anyway.

Also, the smoke grenade is the best weapon to humiliate (or get kills) with :p

Achiever TM
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Wait... the smoke launcher can be used for purposes other than killing people? That's what I always used it for anyway... :p

ahahah
One I can remember is last stage - B MCOM in White Pass, one of the hardest ones to activate if defending team know what to do, whithout smokes you can't reach it..

Vigor
09-27-2011, 01:51 PM
17:30

Prime example of a terrible sniper, no guts no glory.
Going prone after a bad hit, gets up and pops his head around the same corner which gives the advance to his target who is now ready and aimed to scope his direction

DamagedWill
09-27-2011, 02:52 PM
That's how it should be. I hate the whole, "both sides have to be equal!" concept, as it is wholly unrealistic.

I agree. But when the attackers can spawn kill without much effort it gets annoying. I've never been killed by more rockets in a game before. Right when I spawn, dead. It wouldn't be such a problem if I could at least spawn to do something.

When did you play it? At an event or something?

At home. I work at GameStop. My store had five beta codes given to the employees. So I got to jump in last night.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
I won't believe it until I see it myself.

Suiken
09-27-2011, 04:09 PM
What vehicles and other interesting things are on this map?

Suiken
09-27-2011, 04:41 PM
The guy who made this video is AWFUL! He sits there on defense not disarming MCOMs right next to him, doesn't spot enemies he sees as Recon, etc. Just terrible. The exact kind of person I can't stand to have on my team.

Sorry, rant over. It had to be said...

Annihil88torr
09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Battlefield 3 BETA Gameplay XBOX 360 - YouTube

Suiken
09-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Very goofy physics at some points. 30:08 and 31:11 stand out...

Knifing looks terrible at 32:50. What happened to the stab from BF:BC2? I don't want that lame ass Call of Duty instant slashing crap.

Destruction looks nice at 34:38

I love that the attackers don't instantly lose when they hit 0 tickets. I looks like that just means no more respawns and the guys left in play still get to fight to win the objective. I can't count how many times my team armed the objective and had it locked down, only to lose because someone no where near the objective died and spent the last ticekt. AWESOME change.

Takamura Bear
09-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Just by watching some of the footage, let me first say that the visuals on the 360 look way fucking better than I expected. I am blown away with what DICE have achieved here in the visual department.

Can't wait to play the shit out of this come Thursday. :uzi:

Convas
09-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Just though I'd leave this here ...

Battlefield 3 Online Gameplay LIVE Multiplayer! - Real BF3 Gameplay w/ Commentary! (XBOX 360/PS3/PC) - YouTube

Annihil88torr
09-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Battlefield 3 Gameplay - BF3 Beta FREE to play EARLY! - (Xbox/PC/PS3!!!!! - YouTube

Convas
09-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Battlefield 3 Gameplay - BF3 Beta FREE to play EARLY! - (Xbox/PC/PS3!!!!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdgBsoTYqwg)

Holy crap, 2:00-2:05, EPIC FAILURE. How did you not see the guy there?!?!

Anyways, much better quality than the last video. Thanks for the footage bro!

Annihil88torr
09-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Holy crap, 2:00-2:05, EPIC FAILURE. How did you not see the guy there?!?!

Anyways, much better quality than the last video. Thanks for the footage bro!

And that is why people who camp are gay.

judd90
09-27-2011, 11:15 PM
I don't think the graphics are that special, they are good for how big the levels are and compared to the older ones but don't match to COD. Definitely will be my favorite game tho, just as any Battlefield is :)

Annihil88torr
09-28-2011, 02:30 AM
Battlefield 3 Rocket Kill - YouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Annihil88tor?feature=mhee#p/u/0/e4hq-E35eF4

Burnout x360a
09-28-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't think the graphics are that special, they are good for how big the levels are and compared to the older ones but don't match to COD. Definitely will be my favorite game tho, just as any Battlefield is :)

Well the console hardware isn't anything special so they are still pretty good but that does come at the frame rate compromise.

xKRAIZEEMANx
09-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Cannot wait to join the open beta tomorrow....And thanks for the videos!

MediumMelanin
09-29-2011, 04:25 AM
Ah, yes, I saw this video when I was waiting for my email beta code to be sent around 8:00AM! =\ Then I saw a guy streaming online, then I got my code, so I was like, "screw this! haha!"

JASEL84
09-29-2011, 06:00 AM
Hmmm time to dl beta then.