PDA

View Full Version : Faults/Bugs/Issues found in Beta Thread

Stormy2k
09-27-2011, 05:14 PM
As we know the Beta is now out for some of us lucky MOH gamers, and for the rest, it will be out Thursday, but remember, the idea of a Beta is for consumer feedback to improve the game. You are encouraged to find faults, bugs and game breaking issues so DICE can fix them before or on launch.

Got an issue with the Beta you think DICE should know about?

Post in in this thread and we can compile the list of issues you think need fixing, and then we can forward it onto their Beta Feedback thread.

Remember that the Bad Company 2 Beta caused over 200 issues to be fixed. Your feedback to DICE matters!

Found Faults/Bugs/Issues so far:

- When throwing a grenade from a within a bush, it will stick to the leaves and branches in front of you rather than pass out through to the other side in the open.
- Screen flickers black and orange.
- The ADS blur doesnt go away when releasing L1.
- 1 time I couldn't ADS.
- Couldn't accept being revived.
- No reload animation.
- Glass still shatters a second or two after being meleed.
- Clipping under the maps while crawling in prone.

cw Paincake
09-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Somtimes the Reload animation isn´t shown ^^

Sylon00
09-27-2011, 05:24 PM
I've had a lot of issues in game.

- Screen flickers black and orange
- The ADS blur doesnt go away when releasing L1
- 1 time I couldn't ADS
- Couldn't accept being revived
- No reload animation

I've already posted this on their forums, just in the wrong damn spot, lol.

Their forums are: http://battlelog.battlefield.com

Stormy2k
09-27-2011, 06:07 PM
- You cannot stab an enemy in prone if you are standing.

Sylon00
09-27-2011, 06:39 PM
- You cannot stab an enemy in prone if you are standing.

That second one is not true. I found 2 guys laying next to each other, I went up behind them, went to knife the guy closest to me and it ended up knifing the guy in front, showing the guy behind him my knife kill, alerting him and he killed me. But what happened was, he was prone, I was standing, the animation made the other guy stand up to get knifed.

I would have had both killed if my guy would have knifed the right dude.

Stormy2k
09-27-2011, 06:41 PM
That second one is not true. I found 2 guys laying next to each other, I went up behind them, went to knife the guy closest to me and it ended up knifing the guy in front, showing the guy behind him my knife kill, alerting him and he killed me. But what happened was, he was prone, I was standing, the animation made the other guy stand up to get knifed.

I would have had both killed if my guy would have knifed the right dude.I was stood over the enemy and he didn't stab him when I hit the melee button...

I'll remove it from the list for now unless any one else bring it up.

Also you clip under the map when crawling prone in some spots!

M49907
09-27-2011, 08:23 PM
After a death the camera will focus on areas under the map rather than the enemy who killed you.
Often cant ADS.
Enemy bodies go flying sometimes!
Screen flashing colors.
You kniw how when you pick your loadout the screen has a blue tint? Several times the blue tint stayed well after I respawned.
Twice an unlock that appeared never went away, i had a dog tag at the top of the screen for 5 minutes.
When looking at another person the grip on their gun appeared to float Infront of their gun.
Lots of floating bits of walls and stuff.
Sometimes sprint wont work.

Il find more

StillTIPPIN187
09-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Sprint doesn't work sometimes
Screen stays blurry when i ADS
and like everyone else, Flashing colors on the screen.. black mostly but yellow a few times.

and the funniest one i seen, was a guy holding his arms out, and moving across the map like that.. no walking animation or anything. and when i first spotted him he was just dropping to the ground like that.. xD

Im not really impressed.. but i want to try the ps3 version.. (seems alot better IMO)

O yeah, forgot to mention.. I had problems with the sound volume.. it dropped out very low a couple of times.. it returned normal after awhile the second time.

Qavala
09-27-2011, 08:52 PM
No sound when getting shot at, so all of a sudden you just die. I just died by what appeared to be 1 shot of a pistol.

joshua777777
09-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Quite a few issues including the following:

Screen permanently blurred

Loading screen keep loading for 5 minutes and I have to back out to the dashboard to quit

Some equipment doesn't show when trying to alter it.

+ a few more that I've forgotten about

Overall, quite a good game that is very enjoyable, will definitely buy!

Capn Franky
09-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Does being unable to join a game count..........

Jagermeister TX
09-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Only real complaint I have is that the controls lock up, i.e. if I hold down the sprint button or the aim button for a long period of time and then release them, the next time I want to use them they dont respond.

Knifing is atrocious.

Bullet damage is crappy. Using any of the assault rifles I can toggle to single fire and put 2-3 rounds into an enemies skull and they don't die....

Sylon00
09-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Knifing is atrocious.

I tried knifing a guy 4 times, in front of me the whole time, got nothing but killed by him. Knifing is pretty bad.

M49907
09-27-2011, 10:28 PM
When changing my loadout the image of the attatchment does not show up. normally the name is on the right and the image is on the left but i have no images to show what the attatchment looks like. Same has happened with my side arm selection.

StillTIPPIN187
09-27-2011, 11:23 PM
I knifed a guy 3 times to kill one person

I thought ok, maybe they changed it up this game.. but then i got killed with a 1 hit kill..

Is it supposed to happen like this?

Annihil88torr
09-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Left a squad and my character spawned screen was all grey and blury couldn't see shit.

StillTIPPIN187
09-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Now im experiencing the the can't ADS glitch..

Annihil88torr
09-28-2011, 12:40 AM
How's this for a glitch?
BF3 BETA Black Screen Glitch - YouTube

Annihil88torr
09-28-2011, 12:41 AM
How's this for a glitch?

BF3 BETA Black Screen Glitch - YouTube

Qavala
09-28-2011, 12:53 AM
**NEW Battlefield 3 - BF3 Beta Full Extended Gameplay [First Impressions/Review - Dislikes Welcome!] - YouTube

THIS.

guillermo316
09-28-2011, 01:18 AM
I've encounter a glitch where i got infinite ammo and where when I crawl the lower part of the body wasn't showing!

stranger35
09-28-2011, 01:44 AM
There is a pit of doom near the first A objective that you fall into and go under the map. You can still kill people from here, so thats a problem.

For some reason the sounds seem to dim at times for the environmental sounds, only my gunshots sound normal.

screen flashes black.

people in prone go under map a bit.

Sylon00
09-28-2011, 02:25 AM
I had a ribbon and "200" stuck on my screen for about 10 minutes, which was annoying the whole time. What happened was, I killed someone, received a ribbon, and died all at the same time. So the ribbon was showing on my screen as me doing something good. Awesome, until a teammate revived me, which was great but the ribbon wouldn't go away.

I had to die again for it to disappear. Those ribbons take up a lot of space on that screen, especially when they are stuck on there for awhile, lol.

LoIQ
09-28-2011, 03:31 AM
I've also had issue with the loss of ambient sounds.
I timed out of my game & it was stuck on the "loading" screen. Had to dashboard & come back.
Sprint was broken for me a couple times too.

II REVS II
09-28-2011, 04:36 AM
sometimes game screen will be covered in blue like the game menu & cant see very well until you pause & then unpause the game.

Gun-Nut
09-28-2011, 05:28 AM
Well bug a few times the screen is just black after joining a game restarting the Xbox seemed to work but now I can get in-games is a huge fault... I GET MAJOR LAG! I CAN'T EVEN PLAY!

Hopefully just a matter of more servers need to come online maybe none setup in New Zealand yet... I would have hated to download 1.3GBs and not even get to try it!

SneakyofSneaks
09-28-2011, 08:04 AM
- When throwing a grenade from a within a bush, it will stick to the leaves and branches in front of you rather than pass out through to the other side in the open.

That happened to be last night I was pretty shocked seeing the orange nade right next to my head! it's back the to mortar vs leaf again.

Not really had much due to the usual poor connection to games/EA online every time DICE release a game.

specularblinky
09-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Feels like they choose a horrible map to give us + game looks crap, worse then bad company 2

Burnout x360a
09-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Feels like they choose a horrible map to give us + game looks crap, worse then bad company 2

New engine that the hardware cannot handle the full power of so compromises to visuals were made. FB2 will see better days on the next-gen systems.

xX Rom Xx
09-28-2011, 09:21 AM
A few things I noticed

ADS and Sprint often dont work. Almost broke my controller, assumed it was that at first.

When spawn/score screen etc comes up often flickered, and lines went across, like bad signal almost lol.

Doesn't seem to be fall damage?! I jumped multiple times from the buildings in the street with no damage or death.

One time spawned in the tunnels on my squad, and it was really really dark. Not black, I could just about make out some objects, but not enough to navigate. Was fine after I died.

Random clipping through floor and objects.

This isn't the first beta is it? I'm guessing it's had other beta before we got it. Also, does it become public beta? Saw someone say Thursday for everyone else?

Burnout x360a
09-28-2011, 09:24 AM
This isn't the first beta is it? I'm guessing it's had other beta before we got it. Also, does it become public beta? Saw someone say Thursday for everyone else?

Yes it becomes public beta Thursday. Also, the game has had testing before but that was a closed alpha build test not a beta.

SneakyofSneaks
09-28-2011, 09:25 AM
There is fall damage, but not if you are prone when you fall.

Capn Franky
09-28-2011, 10:19 AM
A 'few' glitches etc I have come across in my play time, despite all these the beta is just fantastic!

Clipping under maps via being prone is very frequent.

Clipping under maps via falling off the rock at the first bast just above B? (The one that doesn't have the radar dish) and being unable to get out.

You can shoot and kill whilst under the map.

Switching guns has no animation when you take out your new weapon, it just appears.

Sprinting often stops working either mid sprint or after jumping.

Some metal fences wont allow you to jump over (Manly in the final area) but still show the animation.

Deploying tripod is very sketchy, sometimes it allows you to, most other times it will not.

Can go prone with half of your body through a wall allowing corner prone camping.

Ammo boxes & Health boxes can destroy small Walls and float/slide before deploying.

You can move and run away once revived without accepting or refusing.

Press A to accept revive stays on screen Sometime after being revived.

Often booted mid game, on one occasion booted into another game.

Planting C4, detonating then pressing right on the D-Pad causes game to freeze requiring reboot. (Needs confirming, this happened to me on my last game)

Some bushes are un-passable (Could possibly be me not noticing an obstacle or player).

Hard to know which bomb site is armed by looking at the minimap,

Impossible to see out of bound areas on minimap.

Random but frequent drop out of sound (Not caused by grenades or explosions).

Suppression blur hardly ever appears.

trecena
09-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I played 1h (like 3 games) and here are a few glitches I found:
1/ Near the objectif B, you can go under the map and the teammates/enemies cannot see you (and you can still get kills when ennemies come to plant/discharge bomb).
2/ After spawn, can't run for a few second
3/ When dying while planting bomb, the HOLD B button stays on the screen
4/ The cinematic doesn't really work when trying to knife someone
5/ Reload cinematic not showing up
6/ Sound problems

Something that was really anoying was the fact that some ennemies were able to come very close to the spawn area and I couldn't run so I ended up duying a lot.

Tatanko
09-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Wow, there's a lot more wrong with it than I thought. I have a feeling these are mostly general issues though, and not level-specific (meaning it should be easier to fix them before the game is released). I can't believe that some of this stuff wasn't found and fixed during the alpha, though. It was on the same map and game mode wasn't it?

Sylon00
09-28-2011, 03:48 PM
This "hole" near the first MCOM Alpha is turning into a real game killer. There is also another "hole" between the circle with the big tree in the middle, and MCOM Bravo. I was killed by a dude using that one. And he managed to get himself out of it too.

thesilly101
09-28-2011, 04:21 PM
-team mates spawning on me while prone or in small spaces i got pushed away
-crawling into map
-not being able to stop running or i kept going in super slow-mo
but the game look good once finished off or sorted out can't wait for it
also not being able to jump metal rail thats by the road side

welsh dragon888
09-28-2011, 05:22 PM
when im killed instead of showing my killer i just get a random screen from below the map.
(not a bug but something I'd personally like changed)
I would like to be able to hold the grenade prior to release or even the ability to cook it. In BC2 you could hold LB then release to throw the grenade, in BF3 you just instantly throw it when pressing LB. personally id like it reverted back to the way it was.

Sylon00
09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know when the regular server maintenance that usually occurs with betas takes place?

Suiken
09-28-2011, 06:43 PM
when im killed instead of showing my killer i just get a random screen from below the map.

This might mean the person is under the map and killing you. This happened in BF:BC2 on the Vietnam maps when losers discovered how to get under the map using boats.

MediumMelanin
09-29-2011, 03:59 AM
I hate when I can't aim with my weapon from time to time! And NO! it's not my mouse! lol, I've read others experiencing this bug as well! Anyway, be sure to post them at DICE's Battlelog tomorrow! They read them there in the FEEDBACK section!

O918
09-29-2011, 06:41 AM
the issues ive found so far (xbox360)
1. sinking into the ground
2. along the same lines as #1, but when im near some walls i will continuously move (either drift along the wall or bounce up and down)
3.screen repeatedly flashing usually red or neon green (not someones laser sight)
4. occasionally i will stop running and i cant continue running when i click LS, i MUST stop moving before i can start running again.
5. sometimes i cant aim my gun, have to switch weapons.
6. i have a hard time placing the radio box and motion sensor down sometimes
7. sometimes the "press A to accept revive..." box will stay on my screen for longer than it should
8. in metro, i get stuck trying to walk over the rails (although i can crawl over them) so i have to jump. not a real big deal, but its annoying.
9. the knifing is really wacky, i dont know how to describe it. ive had a hard time knifing someone at point blank to the back and nothing happens. a few times i knifed them but it wasnt instant death (i possibly knifed them in the legs, im guessing this was intended?). and other times when i do execute them, the knife animation does this weird wrist flick-- just doesnt look right to me.

here are my suggestions on the menu/ GUI
1. PLEASE make an option to quit out after a match (during intermission) this was my biggest pet peeve with BC2 (and BC1 for that matter)

2. There is no indication of when you are able to actually spawn... the word "deploy" flashes the exact same way in the bottom right corner whether i am able to spawn or not, and i cant find a timer to save my life on the screen.

3. while in the game, if you press start to pause, you MUST press B to back out - pressing start again doesnt unpause it.

4. why do the weapons not have stats like in BC? id like to actually see what the differences are and what the attachments actually do.

5. to go along with #1, even when you do get into the next match, you cant press start (to change options, quit,etc) until you choose a class, so please make pausing possible asap.

6. possibly make an option to skip past the 10 SECONDS of watching the guy that killed you run around and use that time to switch classes. basically what im saying is the kill cam is too long- just make it to where we can go to the class select screen

im sure i had more, but i cant think of anything else off the top of my head...

inflamedscythe
09-29-2011, 12:12 PM
the only glitch i have come across so far is the blurness of the characters making a trail so u can easily follow and get the kill

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 12:21 PM
5. sometimes i cant aim my gun, have to switch weapons.
This is the only real issue I've run into so far. Easy fix, too (although I'm not saying it's excusable).

TheUglyCasanova
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
The glitching through the map when going prone really sucks. Especially since mine is accompanied by my vision bobbing up and down like I'm Michael J Fox out in the trenches or something.

Other than that, it's amazing.

JGar77
09-29-2011, 04:12 PM
-White flashes on the screen
-White streaks in the air from where bullets were fired
-Parts of buildings flashing in and out
-Clipping, especially in prone
-Certain sounds sometimes going in and out
-Delay for battlefield destruction (break glass, wait a few seconds before it breaks)
-A predictable one: "connection with EA servers was lost"

Capn Franky
09-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Some more bugs I have found:

Graphic glitch on a team mate, looking like a polygon from his behind has extruded 10 feet.

Team mates floating around in the Jesus/ 3D modeling stance.

The HSNV scope has a dot that is impossible to see + if you die whilst using the scope the kill cam stays in the HS colours.

Reload animations don't appear ( Only happens to me when playing assault, havnt tried engineer but support is fine)

Tripod/bipod won't deploy and often when it does show the deploy animation it hasn't, causing my aim to go all over.

Being killed by a prone enemy shows them on the kill cam in a death position even when they are alive.

Screen flicking orange for 1/10th of a second.

No sound when being shot at until the bullet that kills you hits, looking like you got one shot killed by a pistol.

Hit markers appearing but no damage done to enemies.

Knifing animation sometimes not working.

Enemies drift towards their prey when the knife animation takes place.

I think that is all but I'm sure I'll find more with time, keep it up!

Suiken
09-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Graphical Issues:

- Tracers that remain permanently on the screen
- The ground shaking many people have described
- Clipping against things in the environment and falling out of the map
- Choppy animations in many places (this could be server/lag issue)
- Physics are off in many instances. For example, when a person who is running is killed, they will go flying across the screen like they were punted.
- At last MCOM area, both MCOM were listed as MCOM B for awhile.

Audio Issues:

- At some points, game audio seemed to fade out or be distorted.
- Muting option is needed. Going to gamer card is cumbersome
- It seems that you can hear everyone speaking, not just squad mates
- It does not display who is talking from the player menu, which is usually the way you can find the people you need to mute

Gameplay Issues:

- Bipod mechanics seem inconsistent. Maybe I just don't understand how its supposed to work, but there are many places (especially when prone) that I feel I should be able to utilize the bipod on my LMG and I can't.

Achiever TM
09-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Bullet damage is crappy. Using any of the assault rifles I can toggle to single fire and put 2-3 rounds into an enemies skull and they don't die.... this is the worst issue in the beta.. I really hope they fix this..

munky
09-29-2011, 07:54 PM
There is also a bug/glitch with the Eod bot not sure if anyone else has unlocked it though. I died while using it and was unable to deploy another bot after I respawned.

djpj
09-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Don't know if anyone mentioned it but, sound disappeared and I get killed by dead bodies on the ground and if I see the "killercam" they are dead bodies but their weapon is shooting at people?

Barad
09-29-2011, 09:53 PM
My guy doesn't reload sometimes and also I see a lot of flickering on my screen.

CIF
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Idk if it qualifies as a bug or I was just stupid, but when the second area of the map opens up, there's an explosion to allow attackers to get underground. I was killed by it lol.

Venomized
09-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Things they need to fix:

1. you spawn with a tactical flashlight, or laser equipped, it is automatically turned on when you spawn. This should be switched so it is not turned on right from the get go. Instead you should manually doing it. The reason for this is because in the daylight you dont realize it is on sometimes and forget, making it easy for people to spot you, and you don't even know it. The second is that right when you spawn people see where you are (especially in the subway station) and you get killed right away from far away.

2. When you spawn, you should have a 2 seconds of invincibility IF YOU SPAWN at your BASE. If you spawn on your teammate, tough shit.

3. Get rid of the constant green/black/orange flashing.

4. Fix the sprint. Sometimes you cant sprint unless you ADS or shoot, etc.

5. Cook grenades, or allow to hold them in your hand. I find it stupid that you automatically throw the grenade, even if you hold the button.

6. Sound disappears sometimes or goes really quiet. Except when you shoot.

7. Death cam shows under the map sometimes

8. Bipod: It is difficult to set up sometimes, even when you are in an area where you can. There should be a button to decide if you WANT to se it up or not. Been a few times I aim down sight only for my gun to set up then take down automatically. And I miss the kill or get killed.

9. Headshots: Plenty of times I use single fire and I get multiple headshots but no kill. There are also times where I put about 5-7 bullets into someone of single fire with the M4 and he still lives. I get killed from him and sometimes he has 40%-70% heath still

10. Not able to vault over stuff even though it shows the animation. Really bloody annoying as I was getting shot and tried 3 times vaulting over the same thing only to get killed.

11. When you die planting or disarming the bomb, the "B" prompt is still there

12. When you get revived, if you accept, the A and B prompt are still there

13. When you get revived, it should ALSO take away one of your deaths, but the person still gets his kill counted. And the revive thing can only take 2 of yours deaths away in one spawn.

14. A quick mute option. Where you hover over their gamertag and just click x, instead of going to the damn gamercard

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 07:10 PM
I was playing as a Medic last night and encountered quite a few instances where it would not let me revive my teammates. It's also quite irritating that the heartbeat icon sometimes doesn't disappear from the map after the body goes away, thus sending you on wild goose chases.

Tatanko
09-30-2011, 07:13 PM
2. When you spawn, you should have a 2 seconds of invincibility IF YOU SPAWN at your BASE. If you spawn on your teammate, tough shit.

5. Cook grenades, or allow to hold them in your hand. I find it stupid that you automatically throw the grenade, even if you hold the button.
2. Definitely! BC2 had this feature, and it needs to be continued here. It may just be another glitch rather than a gameplay choice on DICE's part, but it's hard to tell.

5. This surprised me the first time I went to throw a grenade. It gives you absolutely no time to aim your throw, and it's really hard to judge where the grenade is going to go when you're aiming with your weapon in hand.

alpha17
10-01-2011, 08:54 AM
I've been playing for a few hours enough to get me to a descent level and have had some issues or noticed bug.

1. On my very first game while going down the left tunnel with the catwalks in it after going through the hallway in the dividing wall I guess I hit/rubbed the wall wrong and got trapped inside the wall. Ended up having to die just to get out.

2. Screen flashes colors sometimes orange/yellow, blue sometimes, never black.

3. Noticed the clipping you were talking about.

4. When you are killed the camera goes under the map and doesn't show who killed me.

5. Tracers from bullets just froze in mid air for rest of game.

6. Sometimes I go up to knife someone and it doesn't do the animation so I have to shoot instead.

7. Screen turned a shade of blue and didn't stop till death.

8. Someone was able to get to a part of the bus on the inside where you couldn't shoot him, and yet he could still kill you.

9. Noise problem it's my first time playing battlefield mp, but like what was stated earlier where the sound would just die off way to much. I thought it was just cause I was so far away from the fighting but I guess it's an issue people have been having.

Also when looking for a match it goes to the load screen before the start and stays there.

Grey Delta
10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/devblog/view/2826551895458193965/

A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1

(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".

I expected the levelling tweak to be honest.

Rza2002
10-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Things they need to fix:

you do.... or at least you do from the mobile spawn point as i dropped it right near the objective, and could see where the enemy was before i spawned, since i couldnt be shot for x amount of time i would always get the 1st kills :uzi:

exo-apollo
10-01-2011, 09:32 AM
I wish they would get rid of 3d spotting altogether. Managed fine without it before BC2.

SpongebobRoundpants
10-01-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm glad they had a beta because NOW i know to not buy this game and dedicate all those saved hours towards Seriously 3.0

Nitnoid
10-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm glad they had a beta because NOW i know to not buy this game and dedicate all those saved hours towards Seriously 3.0

Your loss fella...

The release version is well refined and nothing at all like the beta.

FoxRacing1234
10-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I feel through a flat surface in the beginning of the level and had to jump like crazy to get myself.

And have you seen how some of these characters look when they sprint? It looks like a cartoon, absolutely ridiculous.

And I couldn't quit. So did I lose what I gained? No idea. Hopefully not.

fastNcurious
10-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Not sure if this thread is just for bugs or suggestions as well, but anyways:

- Mini-map not easy to see, especially if background is super bright (like the pavement outdoors). Should give us an option to adjust transparency.

- Killfeed text font too big and distracting. Get rid of bold, maybe.

CGPsaint
10-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Not sure if this thread is just for bugs or suggestions as well, but anyways:

- Mini-map not easy to see, especially if background is super bright (like the pavement outdoors). Should give us an option to adjust transparency.

- Killfeed text font too big and distracting. Get rid of bold, maybe.

Amen to that. Pretty much all of the information that pops up, including the ribbons, is quite distracting. Put that shit off to the side where it doesn't interfere with my aiming.

Dribblebag
10-01-2011, 11:05 PM
most annoying thing for me is when you are prone and your team spawn on you it pushes you aound the floor some times you go flying across the map.

Venomized
10-01-2011, 11:05 PM
you do.... or at least you do from the mobile spawn point as i dropped it right near the objective, and could see where the enemy was before i spawned, since i couldnt be shot for x amount of time i would always get the 1st kills :uzi:

When you spawn you get absolutely no invincibility. Now I don't expect invincibility when spawning on a teammate because you are making the choice to risk getting shot. But spawning at your BASE where it should be safe is another thing. I have spawned many times at a base only to get killed instantly because people spawn camp. I have also killed several people who just spawned before. I could kill them instantly.

There is no invinicibility when spawning on the base, but there should be. You are mistaken.

You're hoenstly going to put your time into Seriously 3.0? Now that is a waste of time.

And if you judge a full retail game, only on A VERY SMALL PORTION of the game, that was put out there to fix all the bullshit, then that is just foolish and you don't deserve to play BF:3.

So please, spend your time putting pointless hundreds of hours into Seriously 3.0, for one lousy achievement, when instead you could put hours into destroying the shit out of buildings and people in BF:3.

Jamoo 1
10-02-2011, 02:12 AM
I don't know if anyone has ever experienced this...
I was in a game and I assassinated a guy from behind, I was killed during the assassination and I was waiting to respawn, But someone revived me and I decided "I guess I'll accept it." Then I came back to life, flew a good few feet out the window and landed outside to die once again. It was was pretty funny. xD

skiscaraudio
10-02-2011, 03:34 AM
i have left stick drift on this game only, i thought it was the controller (new dpad type) but it doesn't do it on any other game.

FoxRacing1234
10-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Today, I was trying to stand still while waiting for someone and my body just kept bouncing up and down. Really annoying when trying to not be seen. Luckily, I didn't get killed but also, who knows if other people can see it

xX Rom Xx
10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Couple of things I've recently found more annoying than a few days ago....

Tac Lights need looking at. Being blinded in broad daylight from 20 or so meters is just a joke. Fair enough indoors it's believable. But outside they need to tweek them as it's ridiculous atm.

Spawning often faces me away from objectives?! Even at default spawns.

Minimap may aswell not be there. Can barely see team mates etc. I've yet to see Whig M Com is beeping on it?!

Red Dot sights are almost impossible to see outside. Unless it's something dark etc. The Kobra is fine, but basic red dot needs to be brighter or slightly bolder.

Really need some kind of stats or weapons. Other than rof and range?!

Can't seem to work squads out. Often have 3 members, and no leader. A few times 4 and no leader. No option to choose it etc.
I've often had multiple messages when i spawn Saying "You are now squad leader" even though I have been all match.

fastNcurious
10-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Planting C4, detonating then pressing right on the D-Pad causes game to freeze requiring reboot. (Needs confirming, this happened to me on my last game)

This happened to me a LOT yesterday. I don't know if you mean just the game freezes for you (i.e., you can still use the guide button), but my entire console freezes (guide button doesn't even work) and I have to turn the power off and back on. Anyone else?

It usually involved C4. Sometimes my console would freeze as I'm tossing them. Sometimes after I've tossed and I'm going to hide. Sometimes when I hit left trigger to detonate, I see the explosion, then freeze. Pretty annoying expecially since I was having so much fun with the C4 when it does work.

judd90
10-04-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm sick of going under the map and when people under the map kill you.

Here's some I found:

Ammo and health packs can break walls - Best place to try it is outside on the round short cement walls.

When sprinting if you let off sometimes you have to completely stop and start sprinting again because the sprint button jut stops working.

Cooljoe
10-12-2011, 03:09 AM
Don't worry be happy you guys. All will be fixed. Dice is great like that.

CGPsaint
10-12-2011, 03:13 AM
Don't worry be happy you guys. All will be fixed. Dice is great like that.

While they're at it, do you think that they can fix EA's shitty servers...

iiDaRReN316x
10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
When i respawned sometimes it would say i commited suicide right when i spawned back in.

Tatanko
10-12-2011, 01:00 PM
While they're at it, do you think that they can fix EA's shitty servers...
Good joke! :p
When i respawned sometimes it would say i commited suicide right when i spawned back in.
I had that happen to me at the very start of a match a few times. The timer would hit 0, I would start running, and I would just die inexplicably (no one killed me).

CGPsaint
10-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Good joke! :p

I had that happen to me at the very start of a match a few times. The timer would hit 0, I would start running, and I would just die inexplicably (no one killed me).

Yeah, that was a pretty good joke huh? I LOVED BF 1943 and somehow managed to log 4D 5H 31M playing... I know that I could easily have doubled that time spent playing if it wasn't a constant struggle to either get online or stay online.

Tatanko
10-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah, that was a pretty good joke huh? I LOVED BF 1943 and somehow managed to log 4D 5H 31M playing... I know that I could easily have doubled that time spent playing if it wasn't a constant struggle to either get online or stay online.
When did you play it? I spent 99% of my time playing 1943 the summer it came out, and only logged ~2 days, but I never had any real issues with it back then.

CGPsaint
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
When did you play it? I spent 99% of my time playing 1943 the summer it came out, and only logged ~2 days, but I never had any real issues with it back then.

I downloaded it the very day that it released and then wasn't even able to play for the first couple of weeks. When I was finally about to log in, it because a mini game in itself as to whether or not I would be able to log in on any given night.

Grey Delta
10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Taken from http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield3/blog/top-10-battlefield-3-open-beta-issues

1. Squad issues: Cannot play with friends within same squad, squads get split up onto opposite teams, etc.
There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (If team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad and changing squads once in game.

2. Regarding additional Open Beta content and fixes/patches for consoles, including PlayStation 3 issues with chat and party systems
While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game.

3. Will DICE have enough time to iron out everything by release?
Please see General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson's blog post regarding this question.

4. Can we have ability to change settings/options before deployment into match on PC?
The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

5. Issues with terrain stability and “falling into the map” on Operation Métro
This has been fixed for the beta via a server side update.

6. Kill cam sometimes zooms out too far or outside the map
This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

7. A bug that sometimes keeps some players from being able to sprint

8. Screen flickering/stuttering. Blue screen remains after respawn. Game locks up after deploying C4 (360)

9. Downed bodies appear to be dead, but are not
The DICE team has been looking into this issue – which is caused by a combination of incidents in a confined area - and are working hard to address the issue for the launch of the retail game.

10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimising online play.

Number 9 used to drive me fucking nuts, sprint past a guy who's character model is dead, only to get shot in the back because he wasn't dead at all. I seriously hope they have it fixed for release but the way they worded their response to it compared to some of the others makes me think it will be typical DICE/EA faffing about and be weeks after release until it's fixed.

Tatanko
10-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Taken from http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield3/blog/top-10-battlefield-3-open-beta-issues

Thanks for sharing, Grey! I, too was annoyed a lot by #9. I had a lot of issues with enemies not appearing as enemies (no red name when I looked directly at them) or seeming to appear as friendlies.

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 06:29 PM

Number 9 used to drive me fucking nuts, sprint past a guy who's character model is dead, only to get shot in the back because he wasn't dead at all. I seriously hope they have it fixed for release but the way they worded their response to it compared to some of the others makes me think it will be typical DICE/EA faffing about and be weeks after release until it's fixed.

My favorite was the "dead" guy who couldn't be killed even when you found him. I watched some asshat rack up 30+ from a prone position with an SKS and the only time you could see him was in the kill cam. The body was prone and flailing around, but you could see the gun firing. Lamsauce!

Grey Delta
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM
I had a lot of issues with enemies not appearing as enemies (no red name when I looked directly at them) or seeming to appear as friendlies.

Haha yeah that happened to me a few times too, a guy would suddenly appear from around a corner, I'd shit myself a little bit but relax when it appears to be a friendly, only to get blasted away. Rageface.

zerolimitz12
10-13-2011, 07:36 PM
black screen when trying to play with friends... cannot sprint sometimes

CGPsaint
10-13-2011, 07:50 PM
black screen when trying to play with friends... cannot sprint sometimes

Both of these have been address in the release.

Poppygalaxy
10-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Anyone had an issue where you just run the BAM, fly across the map an splattered into a wall.
Hilarious :D

CGPsaint
10-14-2011, 01:06 AM
Anyone had an issue where you just run the BAM, fly across the map an splattered into a wall.
Hilarious :D

This happened to me whilst spawning and once when I got a bit too near to an enemy's C4...