PDA

View Full Version : Missable Achs. and Solutions

The Stray
09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
In case you're wondering about missable achs. and if someone else may be posting about it for the same topics about missables, here's a quick list.

1. Bring the Hemostatic Medicine to Rodruigo where you first start the game. (Duty and Humanity)

2. Once you start as Steve, do a 180 turn and open the door where Claire will give "Encouragement" to Steve. (From the Young Lady)

3. Make sure to beat the game in no less than 4 hrs. and 30 mins. without saving, retrying, and using a first aid spray to unlock the Rocket Launcher. You can also Mid-Save after you beat the Tyrant, and it doesn't count as a true save. (Weapon Crazy)

The rest are Story Related and the Battle Game is Self-Explanatory.

Annalie
09-27-2011, 08:28 PM
You can save? if so... how? im not trying to go for that ridiculous achievement.

TVthePunisher
09-27-2011, 08:37 PM
You can save? if so... how? im not trying to go for that ridiculous achievement.

It's a transition in the storyline that acts as a mulligan, considering it's somewhat the halfway point for the game (you play through Rockfort as Claire, then after facing the Tyrant on the plane you do a little of the facility there...then start as Chris on Rockfort and off to Anarctica). Granted...if you screw up, that's a lot to pick up from. But plain and simple, the save doesn't count towards the achievement.

I would recommend a video guide when tackling it, you can figure out the patterns of enemies and where to run to save yourself a lot of time. I watched a knife run yesterday, guy didn't even fight anything for a long time and was able to dodge zombies and zombie dogs (cerberus, depends on what the game wants to call them o_O).

Annalie
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
It's a transition in the storyline that acts as a mulligan, considering it's somewhat the halfway point for the game (you play through Rockfort as Claire, then after facing the Tyrant on the plane you do a little of the facility there...then start as Chris on Rockfort and off to Anarctica). Granted...if you screw up, that's a lot to pick up from. But plain and simple, the save doesn't count towards the achievement.

I would recommend a video guide when tackling it, you can figure out the patterns of enemies and where to run to save yourself a lot of time. I watched a knife run yesterday, guy didn't even fight anything for a long time and was able to dodge zombies and zombie dogs (cerberus, depends on what the game wants to call them o_O).

Are you telling me that there are no decent save points like in resident evil 4?. well i guess ill put this game away for a while. bad enough i have to deal with these controls.

The Stray
09-27-2011, 09:03 PM
There are typewriters to save, but that break's the point of Weapon Crazy alltogether and it won't unlock if you did that.

Annalie
09-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Actually, when i get to the typewriters she says that the needs an ink thing for it -_-. so i still cant save. unless anyone wants to tell me where i can find this ink.

JuSt BLaZe
09-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Actually, when i get to the typewriters she says that the needs an ink thing for it -_-. so i still cant save. unless anyone wants to tell me where i can find this ink.

They are scattered over the game just like ammo. So in order to save you have to find a damn ink first. Funny isn't it. But that was the case since Resident Evil (1996).

xRyudo
09-27-2011, 10:12 PM
In case you're wondering about missable achs. and if someone else may be posting about it for the same topics about missables, here's a quick list.

1. Bring the Hemostatic Medicine to Rodruigo where you first start the game. (Duty and Humanity)

2. Once you start as Steve, do a 180 turn and open the door where Claire will give "Encouragement" to Steve. (From the Young Lady)

3. Make sure to beat the game in no less than 4 hrs. and 30 mins. without saving, retrying, and using a first aid spray to unlock the Rocket Launcher. You can also Mid-Save after you beat the Tyrant, and it doesn't count as a true save. (Weapon Crazy)

The rest are Story Related and the Battle Game is Self-Explanatory.

Crap, I missed 2.

I gave up on 3 since I died by accident lol. Didn't want to start over.

TVthePunisher
09-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, the save system changed in Resident Evil 4 along with everything else. Since the very first game, you would need to collect ink ribbons in order to save...which means, an additional slot taken up in your inventory space. The general method behind ink ribbons is to store them in item boxes, as a lot of typewriters are near item boxes.

For those new to an older style Resident Evil game, Item Boxes are magical storage units where you can store any item you find and they will appear in any other item box in the game (the only exception is Real Survivor mode in REmake/Resident Evil on the gamecube, which de-links all the item boxes...).

Typically with ammo you can just store extra items and head to an item box when you need something in particular. Alternatively, since this game has quite a bit of backtracking, you could also just leave items (they'll still be there) and get them later.

Anyways...there are quite a few typewriters yes, what I meant was for the Weapon Crazy achievement which requires you to get a high rank by beating it in under 4 hours, no saves and no first aid sprays. One save is permitted, the transition save.

Hyyr
09-28-2011, 12:53 AM
It's a transition in the storyline that acts as a mulligan, considering it's somewhat the halfway point for the game

It is actually the place in the game where you swapped discs in the original Dreamcast version of the game.

KongQuest
09-28-2011, 01:25 AM
Can you pause the game or something to stop the in-game timer?

So that you can watch the video guide and it won't affect your total playtime.

or is there more leeway than I think with the 4hr30min requirement?

TVthePunisher
09-28-2011, 02:09 AM
I don't own the title on here yet but considering this is on the 360, it may be possible that going to the dashboard may act as a solution to this. It has worked in some games with a timer and may work here as well, though I'm not sure. I do know that REmake recorded time while in the inventory screen, as for the actual pause menu maybe it may be a bit different.

Someone who has more experience with speed runs should be able to give you more information on that question.

Fug the Pug
09-28-2011, 02:12 AM
On the case of the whole typewriter thing; I think they removed ink ribbons after Zero because they became redundant. There was an ink ribbon next to every almost typewriter and you could just drop it next to the typewriter after saving so they just did away with them. I kinda miss them because they added a lot more of the survival horror feel giving you a visible number of limited saves. I hope they go back to these old tropes from early in the series in 6. They need to stop turning it into some crappy action game. It's not fitting. (I mean 5, Not ORC. That looks like it'll be fun.)

Also, I think you should put in there that you have to give the medicine for the A rank.

Ashley Graham
09-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Why do so many people complain about the "Weapon Crazy" achivement? It is quite easy if you have beaten the game before.

Himuton
09-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Why do so many people complain about the "Weapon Crazy" achivement? It is quite easy if you have beaten the game before.

Easy? What an understatement.

Steve wants a piece of you.

JuSt BLaZe
09-28-2011, 09:37 AM

Right but most of them haven't even beaten it before, nor on the older systems.

The Stray
09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Also, I think you should put in there that you have to give the medicine for the A rank.

Umm, what's the point, the medicine I put in #1 is part of the missables anyway, so there's no need to update it as part of #3.

xRyudo
09-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Umm, what's the point, the medicine I put in #1 is part of the missables anyway, so there's no need to update it as part of #3.

Probably for people that are doing a second run and are thinking of ignoring the Hemostatic Medicine part to Save time to reach that 4:30 mark.

It's posted everywhere else already though, so not really needed.