PDA

View Full Version : These graphics are NOT even close to HD.

FPS GLIMMER
09-27-2011, 10:36 PM
The beginning cut-scene looks exactly like the ps2 version. I own every resident evil game made, even the crappy survivor one and they straight out lie about the graphics.

Guitar LInc0ln
09-27-2011, 10:39 PM
The beginning cut-scene looks exactly like the ps2 version. I own every resident evil game made, even the crappy survivor one and they straight out lie about the graphics.

It's Capcom, what did you expect? RE4 is also far beyond HD

L0cke89
09-27-2011, 10:52 PM
And grass is green.

sorry, just thought we were pointing out things that are obvious.

Tonic24k
09-28-2011, 01:33 AM
I can't speak for this one yet but the HD remake of RE4 looks great. All except for the extra content cut scenes.

Tonic24k
09-28-2011, 01:35 AM
It's Capcom, what did you expect? RE4 is also far beyond HD

What do you mean by this? How has Capcom let anyone down? Are you really complaining about the remade graphics for RE4??

EliteShadowMan
09-28-2011, 01:54 AM
and here we go...a game thats about a decade old and we get another fucking whiny gamer who wants everything to be perfect. Just shut the hell up about the graphics and play the game for what it is.

Cyano Khaar
09-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Some people just can't be pleased. Resident Evil 4 HD looks fantastic and is FAR better looking than it's GC/PS2/Wii counterparts.

Same goes for Code Veronica X. However, these ARE last gen games, and all they did was upscale the resolution. They haven't modified the textures, models, animations, effects, etc. All they changed is the resolution, so it's not like these are remakes.

FPS GLIMMER
09-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Im making the point they dont look anywhere as good as they do in the trailer they made. Im happy they remade it, but i feel they are lying to us by showing up game footage that doesnt match the game.

xRyudo
09-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Some people just can't be pleased. Resident Evil 4 HD looks fantastic and is FAR better looking than it's GC/PS2/Wii counterparts.

Same goes for Code Veronica X. However, these ARE last gen games, and all they did was upscale the resolution. They haven't modified the textures, models, animations, effects, etc. All they changed is the resolution, so it's not like these are remakes.

They changed a lot of things in CVX unlike RE4.

First of all the water looks 100x better and more realistic. You can clearly tell the difference in the Albinoid part too, or any other area with water. The lighting in this game is far more superior as well, adding better and more realistic looks to the game. (Shadows, etc).

Hunters and Sweepers seem to have gotten an updated look as well, I don't remember being able to see the difference them so clearly. If it was just upscaling they'd be a bit blurry model-wise, but they aren't blurry at all.

And last but not least - I said it in another topic; The new concept art is amazing. Just go beat a Battle Game with Claire and enjoy the 1080p version of Alternate Claire. It's again 100x better than the old version.

Ashley Graham
09-28-2011, 07:46 AM
The remade graphics for Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica X are quite nice, and indeed the water and Hunters seemed to have had an update.

PC_GFWL_GAMER
09-28-2011, 09:35 AM
RE4 HD is passable.

RECVX is really poor looking its still better than the original but Capcom have obviously done minimal work. The lighting when you have the lighter is much improved but overall its pretty shocking for the price I would have expected it to be around 1200MSP not 1840MSP!!!

JuSt BLaZe
09-28-2011, 09:40 AM
They changed a lot of things in CVX unlike RE4.

Well obviously since it needed more changes. :p RE4 was the real thing back then in 2005 and even today with it's HD glimmer. Doesn't need much of a makeover.

Evo Kazz
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Can't relate at all to the OP. Resi 4 and CodeV look amazing on my 46" Samsung.

neverendr
09-28-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm afraid I can't agree with the op. I put my original code Veronica X disc into my ps3 with ps2 game upsampling ON, and the 360 version looks so much better it may as well be a different game. Same with RE4 - PS2 collectors edition on ps3 with upsampling doesn't come near the 360 remake, though it's still not the best looking game. I collect resident evil titles and I've played all of them through multiple times, and I'm sorry to say you're just flat wrong. Referring to CVX, the animation is far smother, water looks a ton better, character models and their physics are far improved, down to little stuff like muzzle flashes when you fire that the last gen hardware couldn't handle. As to RE4, the gamecube and wii versions look similar to something that came out of my cat's ass, which is par for the course on nintendo hardware. The ps2 played upsampled on a release day ps3 is half decent, but it's only line doubling. You can say that the re-releases aren't hd all you like, but my Samsung led informs me each time resolution changes, and upon launching the games it states 720PHD, while most games come up as 1080PHD. 720P is still high def, both games look pretty good and play well, they're quite a bit better than the originals. I don't know precisely what you expect from last gen games at a $20 price point...they have demos, if you don't like them then vote with your wallet.

AlanOC91
09-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Your getting confused.

The game is NOT remade in HD.
It is remastered in HD.

Big difference. Remade is starting from the ground up with the same concept of the game in mind.

RE1 was REMADE on the Gamecube.
RECV and RE4 were REMASTERED for PS3 and XBOX 360.

Basically updated resolution (if you tried playing the original game on a big HD tv then it would look 100x worse), some updated shadows and water effects.

If you bought this game simply for graphics then you made a big mistake. These games are all about pure and awesome gameplay.

Code Veronica still remains one of my favourite Resident Evil titles.

Daniel55645
09-29-2011, 01:09 PM

actually it is HD. the graphics don't change just cause they change it to HD. go play the ps2 version on an hd tv and then play the 360 version. the graphics will look the same, but you can see everything a lot clearer on the 360 version

Dj Ronin
09-30-2011, 05:40 PM
What was you expecting them to rewrite every thing from the ground up, and re-render the graphics.

Sorry but it wouldn't be the same, I'm glad they have left it just how I remember it :)

DESTRO5
09-30-2011, 07:05 PM
This ain't High Def.

OptimumJay
10-01-2011, 02:34 PM
This ain't High Def.

You think?

It's digitally remastered, not digitally remade.

Pamwaddy
10-01-2011, 05:39 PM
You think?

It's digitally remastered, not digitally remade.

Yeah, it's like the Halo Anniversary is a remake from the ground up, this has just been polished and optimized for HD TV's but it's pretty much the same as the original.

Preykousis
10-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I've downloaded them for my PC in the past and used all the community mods to get stunning 1080p visuals (including the movies in RE4) so if some random modders can do better than Capcom... tells me they were being lazy!

CDAWGYDAWG911
10-01-2011, 10:56 PM
its hd in the fact its upscaled to not be blurry on ur hd tv, the graphics arent going to change and this has been known for months, shuldnt have expected more than wat it is.

AlanOC91
10-01-2011, 11:14 PM
its hd in the fact its upscaled to not be blurry on ur hd tv, the graphics arent going to change and this has been known for months, shuldnt have expected more than wat it is.

This.
I honestly honestly dont know what people were expecting.
I guess there will always be people complaining about a game no matter what!

Preykousis
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM
A sample of a modded PC version I played, note that the black bars can be taken off, I filmed this before I did so, and couldn't be bothered re-filming. Haven't seen the actual 360 cinematic's myself but if these look 1080p from some modders, Capcom should be the same or better. The HUD looks HD in mine as well. From pictures in the Dashboard the HUD looks pixelated on the 360 version.

Also watch it in fullscreen 1080p. Remember, the bars CAN be removed.

Resident Evil 4 HD Intro & Gameplay (PC) - YouTube

shadowrowin
10-02-2011, 08:01 PM
originally, this game was for the dreamcast, and the graphics were not that good then. So, this is an HD remake compaired to the original game.

TheSkiver
10-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Even with old graphics, at least Capcom improved the lightning and the Water textures.

So yes, this is the definitive version of the game.

Teh BeZ
10-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I know this video is Resi 4 you can still notice the difference. Kind of :P

Resident Evil 4 HD: Xbox 360 vs other versions - YouTube

xRyudo
10-02-2011, 10:01 PM
I know this video is Resi 4 you can still notice the difference. Kind of :P

Resident Evil 4 HD: Xbox 360 vs other versions - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ct_MO4kveg)

Pointless to post an RE4 video when this is about CVX. The games are way too different in terms of graphics. Can't even begin to compare it.

Arron114
10-03-2011, 02:40 PM
What I find funny is the same moaning bastards are crying out for resy 2.

If you cant handle the graphics on CV you have got fucking no chance with resy 2.

Ferus
10-03-2011, 10:56 PM
The only reason why I am upset about this is cuz it clearly says the game is in HD and its not, however since I'm a huge fan and HATE Play Station I never got the chance to play these, but now I can so it's not that big of a deal really...:eek:

Arron114
10-04-2011, 10:11 AM
The only reason why I am upset about this is cuz it clearly says the game is in HD and its not, however since I'm a huge fan and HATE Play Station I never got the chance to play these, but now I can so it's not that big of a deal really...:eek:

Did you read anything anyone has put? The game is in HD. Maybe you need to learn what HD means?

GSTAR321
10-04-2011, 12:53 PM
and here we go...a game thats about a decade old and we get another fucking whiny gamer who wants everything to be perfect. Just shut the hell up about the graphics and play the game for what it is.

I'm with you man.

I havent got this one yet as i'm still going through RE4. And to me, i'm impressed with the graphics of RE4, I think they did a good job.

I don't expect code veronica to be that good, but I don't care. Like you said ... it's an old game and i'm just glad it is released ... with achievements! Can't wait to play it!

Ferus
10-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I was just saying it doesn't look as good as re4 hd thats all, chill out. I wasn't complaining at all. I have a 60' plasma and the game doesn't look even close to being in hd even tho it says it is, bro... I'm happy to play it anyway it looks no matter what and it's not a big deal as i stated. BTW I'M an engineer I know what hd means... Dam ppl on here need to read and understand what ppl are saying before THEY call them out... Just a tip :uzi:HATERS

AlanOC91
10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
I have a 60' plasma and the game doesn't look even close to being in hd even tho it says it is

BTW I'M an engineer I know what hd means.

These dont go together im afraid. You obviously DONT know what HD means.

xRyudo
10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
These dont go together im afraid. You obviously DONT know what HD means.

^This lol.

Seems a lot of people in this thread don't know it.

Ferus
10-07-2011, 12:58 AM
This is getting beyond stupid. Geeeeeeee, HD = high definition. I have a 1080p Resolution Plasma TV that cost $6000 and all games look great!!!!!. AS far as my edication I was just trying to say, seeing I went to ASU for 6 years I would hope ppl would understand I might know a bit about TVs, geuss not.... My whole stupid point is that it doesn't look as good, fact! WOW.......

EliteShadowMan
10-10-2011, 05:58 PM
This is getting beyond stupid. Geeeeeeee, HD = high definition. I have a 1080p Resolution Plasma TV that cost $6000 and all games look great!!!!!. AS far as my edication I was just trying to say, seeing I went to ASU for 6 years I would hope ppl would understand I might know a bit about TVs, geuss not.... My whole stupid point is that it doesn't look as good, fact! WOW.......

You spelt education wrong :)

Also you spent $6000 on a plasma tv? you got ripped off beyond belief.

Downsize
10-14-2011, 12:44 AM
It's Capcom, what did you expect? RE4 is also far beyond HDWow. Do you even own a 1080p HDTV? Looks crystal clear to me. Only gripe is the textures. And we all know why that is, old game. Other than that, looks great.

Demonshire
11-13-2011, 09:56 PM

In CVX, most notable resolution changes is the water. Noticed during the sequence when you bring up the submarine.

hahaha_mnky_boy
12-15-2011, 02:20 PM
None of the "HD Remakes" are in HD... It's false advertiseing & it's bullshit!
So disapointed...