PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order BS

ScuzzyBunny FTN
09-27-2011, 10:51 PM
I was pretty excited about my "24 gold packs" Gamestop advertised as a pre-order bonus, then I picked it up and found out the nasty truth. First off, you can't enter the code until 10/1, and then there is the "small print" that says you only get 4 packs a month, for 6 months. Not really the bonus I was expecting. Good thing I have the game from GF and am returning my sealed copy!!

DevilDawg67
09-27-2011, 10:57 PM
But at least you get packs....

LThompson6
09-27-2011, 11:43 PM
I thought that was kind of obvious if you read it.

ScuzzyBunny FTN
09-27-2011, 11:43 PM
I know...but 1 a week for 6 months and "pre-order for 24 Gold Packs" are a bit different. If I score some rate card with a free pack it will all be worth it!

ScuzzyBunny FTN
09-27-2011, 11:50 PM
I thought that was kind of obvious if you read it.

...I never saw specifics. GS website said "24 Gold Packs" and in store signage said "Ultimate Team Bonus" with no other info. The EA Sports pre-order bonuses have been pretty weak this year. Madden was pro bowl teams, nhl was one stat boost, and now I get a "long term" bonus I can't use at all for a week. I appreciate the free packs, but everyone knows you will earn many more than one a week by simply playing...like I said, if one pays out with a rare card it will all be worth it!

LThompson6
09-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Is it just a one off code so you can take the game back and still get the packs?

IXISHADOW
09-28-2011, 12:18 AM
I know...but 1 a week for 6 months and "pre-order for 24 Gold Packs" are a bit different. If I score some rate card with a free pack it will all be worth it!

It was announced a few weeks back that the packs were 4 every month for 6 months, it doesn't take a genius to work out that it will probably be one a week and waiting a few days for the packs surely isn't that bad. You have waited for the game and like you said if you receive a IF player it will definitely be worth the wait.

neeker75
09-28-2011, 03:00 AM
It was there on the fine print when I registered my pre-order on the EA website. They further confirmed this on their facebook status recently.

MxPx
09-28-2011, 03:04 AM

Its actually the same exact thing. ;)

La Furia Roja9
09-28-2011, 03:43 AM
So if i already entered my code and it said it was successful, on october 1st it will appear in the UT store or FIFA 12 store?

neeker75
09-28-2011, 06:33 AM
So if i already entered my code and it said it was successful, on october 1st it will appear in the UT store or FIFA 12 store?

According to some rep from the EA facebook page, yes.

I got two gold packs when I logged into their Ultimate Team website. Apparently I'm a "UT Founder", even though I hardly played it in FIFA 09 and 10.

tpainpls3
09-28-2011, 06:40 AM
Sadly gamestop was really the only place that gave you anything extra with the games, wish some places would try harder for me to buy the game at their place

Eggnogga
09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Sadly gamestop was really the only place that gave you anything extra with the games, wish some places would try harder for me to buy the game at their placeAmazon was offering $20 promotional credit.

Mercutio111
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Pre-ordered from Game in UK and they had this 24 pack monthly split thing fully explained...

LNG SaNdMaN
09-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Pre-ordered from Game in UK and they had this 24 pack monthly split thing fully explained...

As did I...

I knew exactly what I was getting, and it wasn't even in small print :)

Mallice
09-28-2011, 12:45 PM

Same as above ^^.

Also, it's actually quite laughable that this is a hot topic as it's rather ridiculous if you thought that you would get 24 gold packs at once..

:uzi::confused:

MxPx
09-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Sadly gamestop was really the only place that gave you anything extra with the games, wish some places would try harder for me to buy the game at their place

You have Best Buy where you live? They generally have the better of the promotions, imo.

chelseaman99
09-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Just wondering, I've heard there's no manual in the Special Edition case so where do I find the code for my packs that I enter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Eggnogga
09-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Just wondering, I've heard there's no manual in the Special Edition case so where do I find the code for my packs that I enter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)My redeem code was printed on my receipt that I got from Gamestop. I'd assume its the same situation w/ yours.. Game... or whatever its called.

chelseaman99
09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
My redeem code was printed on my receipt that I got from Gamestop. I'd assume its the same situation w/ yours.. Game... or whatever its called.

Hmm I pre-ordered mine online from ShopTo.net, will check now.

tpainpls3
09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
You have Best Buy where you live? They generally have the better of the promotions, imo.

Yeah they generally do but there wasn't any this go round, that's generally my go to place because of that but no dice