PDA

View Full Version : DICE Announces Battlefield 3 Tournament

judd90
09-28-2011, 01:10 AM
In partnership with Virgin Gaming, DICE has announced a massive Battlefield 3 tournament for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

According to Virgin Gaming's official site, the competition is called The Worldwide Conquest Tournament and is the largest online console game tournament ever. $1.6 million in cash and prizes will be awarded.

"We're always looking to raise the bar for our members, to give them truly epic gaming experiences they won't find anywhere else and Battlefield 3 hits the mark," said Zachary Zeldin, Co-Founder of Virgin Gaming. "This partnership with EA and DICE is exactly the kind of relationship it takes to deliver on that goal, and we can't be more excited to be working with them to host the greatest competitive gaming event I've ever seen."

More Battlefield 3 Videos

Pre-registration is currently open, and the tournament will begin in early 2012.

"The Battlefield series has always been a very social experience with its best-in-class multiplayer gameplay and we're honored to have such passionate and loyal fans," said DICE general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson. "We want to give them the best Battlefield experience we've ever created with Battlefield 3. The Worldwide Conquest Tournament with Virgin Gaming is a great way to celebrate the gameplay and reward our fans."

Battlefield 3's beta began today for customers who pre-ordered on Origin and will expand to all players on September 29th. The game hits stores for consoles and PC on October 25th.

http://virgingaming.com/tournaments/worldwide-conquest/

Barad
09-28-2011, 12:09 PM
First time I've seen anything like this in a game..it's big, sounds good. Their promoting this game big time..

Tatanko
09-28-2011, 12:21 PM
largest online console game tournament ever
...hosted by EA who can't get their servers straight to save their lives. MAJOR facepalm. Sounds like a fantastic idea, but I think my point is pretty valid here.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
09-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Wait, didn't we have anything similar a few weeks ago... CoD XP?

judd90
09-29-2011, 01:25 AM
...hosted by EA who can't get their servers straight to save their lives. MAJOR facepalm. Sounds like a fantastic idea, but I think my point is pretty valid here.
Yeah will be the laggyest tournament ever to lol

guillermo316
09-29-2011, 02:02 AM
open beta tomorrow scoop!

MediumMelanin
09-29-2011, 04:07 AM
Whoa, I hope the EA servers can handle this with no lags or crap. LOL! Anyway, consoles only? and VIRGIN gaming? Looks like I can't enter...=\.

judd90
09-29-2011, 08:20 AM
You have to deposit $20 as well before you can claim $ prizes I think.

BluWolve
05-20-2012, 06:07 AM
Already signed up to VG, added you judd

judd90
05-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Ok cool, I got to get Battlefield back off my bro.

cHRiSCOe
05-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Pre-registration is currently open, and the tournament will begin in early 2012.

Next month will be half way through 2012............

13ip0lar
05-20-2012, 09:12 AM
This thread is super old as is this news. Everyone knows about this tourney, but no date has been given. At this point I doubt it's likely to happen.

Benny34
05-21-2012, 09:42 PM
This thread is super old as is this news. Everyone knows about this tourney, but no date has been given. At this point I doubt it's likely to happen.
Yah wont happen.

BluWolve
05-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Yah wont happen.
We will see.

13ip0lar
05-22-2012, 02:17 AM
We will see.

You sound like EA and "soon". Been hearing this since beta and still nothing since their initial announcement of the tourney. I'd be surprised if anything comes of it.

WOLFkraut
05-22-2012, 04:09 AM
You sound like EA and "soon". Been hearing this since beta and still nothing since their initial announcement of the tourney. I'd be surprised if anything comes of it.

The ONLY thing looking up for this tournament is that DICE hasn't fully implemented e-sports or matches yet, so maybe when that happens... oh, who am I kidding, it's dead.

Btw, when the hell are they finally gonna add e-sports support? For something they've been talking about for a while they sure haven't done much... I'd really like to see how it works and maybe setup a tournament or something (X360A vs. X360A match anyone?).

killerc0P
05-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I can't see them doing this tournament until they fix the big glitches such as the M26 one

13ip0lar
05-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I can't see them doing this tournament until they fix the big glitches such as the M26 one

Everyone knows what they are gonna do. Instead of paying $50k and patching it the day after they found out they are just gonna incorporate it into the DLC. Just like B2K everyone will have to DL the DLC, but only those who purchase it will "unlock" the content. Frankly I wish more games did this, but then again HDDs would fill up fast. I just bought a 120gb for BF3 because my 20gb, but in reality 13gb, wouldn't be able to fit all the patches and content once CQ releases.