PDA

View Full Version : Help with weapons

Hoborg
09-28-2011, 03:42 AM
Hey guys, anyone got a great tip for what to buy or what to upgrade?

I already upgraded the damage on the shotgun and TMP but I know they get replaced by riot shotgun and another weapon.

So, what should I upgrade? Also, is it worth keeping the rifle? I remember some one type of monster had those invisible things you had to snipe kill before they dropped.

Thanks!

xCGIx PUNISHER
09-28-2011, 04:27 AM
It's all personal preference, although I must say most people would not buy the TMP, but once again, it's up to you. No setup is really better or worse then another.

I personally stuck with the handgun and regular shotgun, until I could get the free Punisher and use that until I could sell it for the Red 9, and eventually sold the Red 9 to buy the Blacktail. (Which I sort of regretted.) Then I upgraded the power on the shotgun from time to time until I could buy the Striker. And I immediately bought the Rifle and sold that once the Semi-Auto rifle was available. Never bought the TMP or the Mine Thrower, they both just don't seem powerful enough to justify their purchases. Also, wait to get the free version of the Broken Butterfly in the castle and use that on bosses, constantly upgrading it's damage, and only ever upgrading its capacity when you need Magnum ammo. Makes boss fights A LOT easier.

And yeah you need the Rifle with the infrared scope that you find in Chapter 4 for the Regenerators. I don't even think it's possible to kill them without the Rifle. Because I unloaded a Striker on one of them and it didn't kill any of the plaga on its body.

The Lazy Pyro
09-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Handgun is personal preference, but by the end you should probably either have the Red 9 + stock (For power and accuracy) or the Blacktail (For speed and clip size)

The shotgun should just keep being upgraded. Get the new ones when available.

The rifle again comes to preference. You can either take the regular Rifle (Power) or the semi-auto rifle (Speed), but you'll need one for the late game stuff.

Magnums aren't completely necessary, but they're great for boss killers. Again this one comes to either the Broken Butterfly (Power) or the Killer 7 (Speed), but you can actually find a free Broken Butterfly with a little bit of backtracking when you get to the castle. I recommend the Broken Butterfly for this one, because magnum ammo is rather rare so you want to do as much damage as possible with each shot.

The TMP is never necessary, but it seems to have a "love it or hate it" relationship with players. Getting it probably requires ditching another weapon though.

Never really used the Minethrower myself.

RPGs are your "Get out of a boss fight free" card, since it one hit kills everything.

JuSt BLaZe
09-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Before I post my stuff again...

Might take a look in here:

--> Which is the weapon of choice? (Click for Link!) (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=331212)