PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

Warren17
09-28-2011, 04:59 AM
Does EA even read the rule book or do they just make up the rules? I've being called many times for interference, goalie interference, slashing ( all of them, as you can't chop upwards) elbowing that weren't even penalties. Even tripping needs to be better. Hooking is stupid as it makes so stop moving your feet.

acdougla17
09-28-2011, 03:32 PM
The penalties are certainly inconsistent and not accurately called, but I like it better than last year when you could practically get away with murder. Try adding a lot of experience to discipline to keep your guy from taking as many slashing/hooking/tripping/elbowing penalties.

Warren17
09-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Even then I pick up inaccurate ones. Also since when is there a 2 min penalty for checking from behind? Is Colin Campbell the referee?

Shinnizle
09-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Even then I pick up inaccurate ones. Also since when is there a 2 min penalty for checking from behind? Is Colin Campbell the referee?
The rule has been there forever, genius.

Warren17
09-29-2011, 05:26 PM
The rule has been there forever, genius.

43.2 Minor Penalty - There is no provision for a minor penalty (http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26292) for checking from behind. Sorry. What?

thenixhex311
10-01-2011, 01:28 PM
43.2 Minor Penalty - There is no provision for a minor penalty (http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26292) for checking from behind. Sorry. What?

43.1 Checking from Behind A check from behind is a check delivered on a player who is not aware of the impending hit, therefore unable to protect or defend himself, and contact is made on the back part of the body. When a player intentionally turns his body to create contact with his back, no penalty shall be assessed.

You missed the one above it. And its Brendan Shanahan, not Colin Campbell...

Shinnizle
10-02-2011, 08:12 PM
43.2 Minor Penalty - There is no provision for a minor penalty (http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26292) for checking from behind. Sorry. What?Now explain to me how the hell people get them in real life then? It exists, I don't care about the rule book, it exists and happens in the NHL, might as well happen in the game.

Warren17
10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
43.1 Checking from Behind A check from behind is a check delivered on a player who is not aware of the impending hit, therefore unable to protect or defend himself, and contact is made on the back part of the body. When a player intentionally turns his body to create contact with his back, no penalty shall be assessed.

You missed the one above it. And its Brendan Shanahan, not Colin Campbell...

I didn't miss it. It doesn't say anything about a minor penalty for a check from behind. Plus I never see a 2min from checking from behind. All I see is 5min and a game misconduct,

Bud20078
10-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I didn't miss it. It doesn't say anything about a minor penalty for a check from behind. Plus I never see a 2min from checking from behind. All I see is 5min and a game misconduct,

I got 2 MINS for checking behind many times. I have yet to see a 5 Minute Major & a game misconduct from all the games Ive played.

Warren17
10-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I got 2 MINS for checking behind many times. I have yet to see a 5 Minute Major & a game misconduct from all the games Ive played.

I mean in the NHL not the game. That's my point though. There is no 2min from checking from behind so it shouldn't be in the game.

Bud20078
10-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I mean in the NHL not the game. That's my point though. There is no 2min from checking from behind so it shouldn't be in the game.

You've never seen a 2 MIN Checking From Behind in a REAL NHL game? It has happend before.

Warren17
10-02-2011, 09:58 PM
You've never seen a 2 MIN Checking From Behind in a REAL NHL game? It has happend before.

Reading the rule book, there shouldn't be one. Doesn't accuse the fact that the penalties are shit. Why can't I hit the goalie when he plays the puck outside of his crease? He's fair game then.

Bud20078
10-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Reading the rule book, there shouldn't be one. Doesn't accuse the fact that the penalties are shit. Why can't I hit the goalie when he plays the puck outside of his crease? He's fair game then.

Good question. Everytime I either tap him or accidently run into him, I get the Goalie Interference. And I get that pentaly even if I get shoved into the goalie. You wouldnt believe the words that comes out of my mouth! LOL

What gets me, the A.I can run my goalie down & there's never a penalty for it. I barely touch the Goalie (Sometimes), Im sitting in the sin bin.

TheLastOne
10-03-2011, 01:50 PM
My personal favorite was when I was called with goaltender interference when I was like 20 feet+ from the goalie...it was an EASHL game and my friends were having a great laugh at that.

I figured at the time maybe EA included a "get the wrong guy" thing in penalties to simulate the NHL? lol

Warren17
10-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Something worse than goaltender interference is interference itself. The guy just passes the puck, 1 second later I finish my check. That is now interference? It's like EA doesn't even try anymore.

I X I Shock I
10-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Checking from behind is only a 5 min and game misconduct with intent to injure.

Bud20078
10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Something worse than goaltender interference is interference itself. The guy just passes the puck, 1 second later I finish my check. That is now interference? It's like EA doesn't even try anymore.

Now you see why we end up screaming at our T.V's? :woop:

Warren17
10-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Checking from behind is only a 5 min and game misconduct with intent to injure.

Always then? You have to be trying to injure the guy if you hit him from behind.

Bud20078
10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Here's a Penalty question.

How is it when you get a penalty on a certain call, example: Hooking.
You get the call but, the team your playing against doesnt?

Does that make any sense to you guys at all? Im playing against The Bruins right now & I must have counted atleast 5 Penalties that the Ref's in this game doesnt call.

If you barely raise your stick, your the one that gets the Penalty. The Penalty calls in this game is a joke.

Warren17
10-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Here's a Penalty question.

How is it when you get a penalty on a certain call, example: Hooking.
You get the call but, the team your playing against doesnt?

Does that make any sense to you guys at all? Im playing against The Bruins right now & I must have counted atleast 5 Penalties that the Ref's in this game doesnt call.

If you barely raise your stick, your the one that gets the Penalty. The Penalty calls in this game is a joke.

They did make one thing right. People on EASHL that wear Vancouver and Habs jerseys dive a lot to draw them. Another penalty that drives me crazy is tripping. One motion looks like a dive, one motion would never be called tripping, the third was just looks awkward. Plus all of the time you poke their skate. You can poke check through their legs and across their whole body but you can't poke their skate.

Bud20078
10-04-2011, 09:28 PM
They did make one thing right. People on EASHL that wear Vancouver and Habs jerseys dive a lot to draw them. Another penalty that drives me crazy is tripping. One motion looks like a dive, one motion would never be called tripping, the third was just looks awkward. Plus all of the time you poke their skate. You can poke check through their legs and across their whole body but you can't poke their skate.

The tripping penalties in this game are just so fake. I remember one penalty I got while i did a game. I got called for high-sticking but my stick wasnt even touching him. I watched a replay of the call & the stick was no where near the other player. 1 word for this: FAKE!