PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the game?

ktilla23
09-28-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't think it's that bad, but it seems like it don't play as good as the past Cabela's games. And i swear it seems like these game get easier and easier and shorter every time. And i don't like how they took away a run button, it now takes forever to get to point a to point b. But i do like some of the Top shot Elite gimmick parts, for example when a random wolf comes jumping out you have to kill it right away. And it's seems like this game is going to be an easy 1000, but i have not 1000 it yet so i can't tell you i how hard or how long it takes yet, but when i do i will post it. Overall i don't think this is one of the best hunting game to play, unless you love achievements this game is worth a pass. I think the best hunting game fo 360 are Bass Pro Shop the hunt in realism and Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 in gameplay. What do you think of the game?

tazmad
09-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Well I have not played this game yet but look forward to it, GOW3 has me tied up at the moment. I have played all other cabela's and the bass shop games. I watched a video on YouTube earlier and it said the story was 4 hours long and the arcade/galleries was twice that so that is looking at about 12 hours. I am sure Mr Arrow will comment on this as he plays these games quite quick and will have some info to tell us all.

Mr Arrow
09-28-2011, 05:30 PM
... I watched a video on YouTube earlier and it said the story was 4 hours long and the arcade/galleries was twice that so that is looking at about 12 hours...

If we're talking strictly achievements, the galleries should be < 2 hours.

Haven't played the story yet, but I hope it longer than 4 hours.

The graphics and visuals are surprisingly good and the gameplay [galleries] is also what you'd expect. You have to meet certain point levels before it will let you advance. If you are short points, it just bounces [literally] you back to the last checkpoint . This was especially helpful when trying to shoot (10) predators in one level.

Re-starting a level is slow [as expected], when going for the [I]score 20,000 points and never miss achievement. I was able to get it after about 5 attempts.

shoe478
09-29-2011, 01:15 AM
Actually you can use the Reflex gallery and get the 20k trophy/achievement easily. You just get the right order for 2 or 3 screens, get enough points and then stop shooting :)

ktilla23
10-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Ok just 1000 it. And just like i said before very easy, it took me only about 6-8 hours to 1000 it. And like Mr Arrow said it takes less than 2 hours to do the galleries and sence you have to play the story twice it takes about 5-6 hours to get all the story achs. I would say the game is 2/10 in difficulty.

V3T Hunter
10-02-2011, 05:38 AM
I have alot of the hunting games in my backlog and that's probably where they will stay until I run out of other games to play because games like this are boring.

Foxxy kyle
10-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Hmm, never played a hunting game before. Looking on trying one and of course I'd like to play the best one. Would this one be a good one to start? Or is this one not as good as others?

WereTh3Massacre
10-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I only played this game because I had no single player games to hold me over until Rage and Dark Souls, and because my GOW3 crew was constantly full (first come first serve - meh!)

It was...an unexpected surprise. I actually enjoyed it. The mixture of easy achievements, and laid back fps experience really held my attention. I even uploaded 23 pictures to Facebook to get that cheevo. It never unlocked, but I made sure to make the photo album private so my friends didn't lower their head in shame.

A nice experience to hold me over for 2-3 days. It's just nothing I'd be proud to tell my friends I am playing. The shooting galleries were kind of lame,though. There's some sort of auto-aiming feature that just completely ruins most of my shots, it's like my cross hair has adhd and a mind of it's own. Frustrating indeed.

Xenolith666
10-07-2011, 09:43 PM
the last one I played was 2008.. which was really easy.. a buddy of mine has it.. will probly just borrow it

VividChaos
01-05-2012, 09:34 AM
The best one I've played so far is cabellas big game hunter 2010, or possibly 2008. I loved both of those games. They were on the easy side but very fun. If you haven't played hunting games start there. This one is decent but I was really surprised when I had played about an hour and said I had finished 3 of the 5 levels. I hope I heard that wrong.

ChickinOnaChain
06-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Personally, this one is 10x more difficult than any other BGH game I've played. The only targets I've shot that weren't moving, were the very first ones I shot at the target range. The prong horned ones running by the blind in the second day in Montana...after 4 tries, I have yet to hit ONE.