PDA

View Full Version : What do people think of this game, who already played it?

AirborneRichard
09-28-2011, 05:24 PM
I know its just been released and as far i know its already in stores in germany, but gamstores in the netherlands not even heared or have it in their computer systems yet. So i wonder what you guys where thinking of it who already played it? So it would be nice to see what everybody thinks of it :)

Vile Denial
09-28-2011, 09:23 PM
I got a loan of it off a friend who picked it up, and while I haven't finished it yet, I'll share my opinion:

It's definitely a budget game. I would say it's worth a rent (or getting a loan of it off someone who bought it), but not much more than that. There are about 40 levels I'd say (going off the stats on the level up screen). I'm about 70% the way through the game, and it's taken about 6-8 hours. I'd say a second run will be much faster, since I'll be skipping the cutscenes.

Pros:

Looks pretty.
Combat is quite fun for a hack'n'slash.
Easy achievements.
Some amusing dialogue (references, etc.).
Has counters for souls/chests/crucifixes found in a level, and lets you know which you've done in every level. Also has a level select.

Cons:

Levels are quite short. It seems you spend more time in cutscenes or loading than you do playing.
The story is nothing great.
Quite buggy - I've frequently had characters disappear during cutscenes, not be in the correct place, or not had their mouths move while talking. I've even had to restart a level because my character froze.
Most weapons seem to disappear the moment an enemy drops them. This can get quite frustrating against heavily armoured opponents (since your weapon will break).
The "curse" is extremely strong, and makes most battles a cake-walk. Also, counters are extremely easy to pull off.
A couple of annoying QTEs. Most are just a single button push, but they seem completely tacked on, and have no reason to be there.
The camera. In some part it transitions between fixed and following, but the controls don't follow smoothly. This was quite annoying during one of the later boss fights (with the chandeliers).

There are a couple more points that could be made, but that should give you an overview of what the game is like.

*Edit* Anyone know why my gamer-profile linked to my x360a account isn't updating?

AirborneRichard
10-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi thanks alot thats a good review of the game :) Def helps!

kinjoking
10-08-2011, 07:01 PM
this is one of the worst games ive played, the combat is trying to be assassins creed but fails miserably, the combos are so unresponsive, its impossible to pull off the combos u spend so long investing points in cz the enemies will come back and hit you before youve finished the sequence, then for some reason your character takes so long to swing a weapon, and they attack you 3 at a time, the counter button cant cope with that many enemies, atleast with AC they attacked one at a time so you could counter properly. does anyone else find playing mission 3 a pain in the bum even on crusader, trying to collect the coffers and bypass enemies is impossible!

kinjoking
10-08-2011, 07:02 PM
also, does anyone wana do co-op, cant find anyone who actually plays this game online

SAlNT PATRlCK
10-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Going with #4 on this one. The game (for me) is absolutely horrible. The game conversations are grating. Another gaming site gave it a 3 out of 10.

With all the amazing games coming out this is a pass.

Drizzt1987
10-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Well...I am on my second (nightmare) playthrough. I just can say that you have seen the whole game when you have played for about 1hour.
It is fun in the beginning but it is getting boring very fast. worth about 10 bucks.