PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with the Redbull?

SubAtomick
09-28-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but the Redbull under breaking feels weird. I use the TV Pod view for racing and so far this is the only car that seems to do this weird camera back and fourth motion when breaking for corners. I consider myself pretty good at racing games, taking the right lines etc, and can get round the streets of Monaco in the low 1:12 range in the McLaren and Ferrari but in the Redbull I can barely manage to get under the 1:18 mark, all because of the weird 'camera in-and-out' movement when breaking. It makes cornering annoying and harder to judge, when you think you've got the correct line and turn-in point you hit the barrier. It's no big deal to me because I generally stick to the McLaren and Ferrari but when in the Redbull it's like playing a different game!

daenius
09-28-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but the Redbull under breaking feels weird. I use the TV Pod view for racing and so far this is the only car that seems to do this weird camera back and fourth motion when breaking for corners. I consider myself pretty good at racing games, taking the right lines etc, and can get round the streets of Monaco in the low 1:12 range in the McLaren and Ferrari but in the Redbull I can barely manage to get under the 1:18 mark, all because of the weird 'camera in-and-out' movement when breaking. It makes cornering annoying and harder to judge, when you think you've got the correct line and turn-in point you hit the barrier. It's no big deal to me because I generally stick to the McLaren and Ferrari but when in the Redbull it's like playing a different game!

Uhm....... no?

mini696
09-28-2011, 11:15 PM
All the cars have slightly different characteristics, engine noises etc. I'm not distracted by the movement of the RBR, but it is different to the Williams under breaking at least.

SubAtomick
09-28-2011, 11:31 PM
All the cars have slightly different characteristics, engine noises etc. I'm not distracted by the movement of the RBR, but it is different to the Williams under breaking at least.

While I agree they all have different characteristics, and why wouldn't they? The effect of acceleration and deceleration in the Redbull is vastly different from any other, almost to the point where it feels broken, IMO. As I've mostly been driving the McLaren and Ferrari since the game was released and today was my first time in the Redbull maybe I've noticed it more than others.

Turdboi
09-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I haven't really noticed anything about the cars but the drivers seem very erratic compared to real life, for instance petrov in my hard career was placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd every race, while Hamilton and Button were finishing outside the top 10. I even slowed my pace to follow the McClaren's and see if they were spinning out or getting knocked off the track, but it just seemed the AI is crap for these cars. Also Kobayashi was always qualifying 20th or above and doing even worse in the races. Seems like the drivers skills aren't true to life!!!

SubAtomick
09-28-2011, 11:53 PM
I haven't really noticed anything about the cars but the drivers seem very erratic compared to real life, for instance petrov in my hard career was placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd every race, while Hamilton and Button were finishing outside the top 10. I even slowed my pace to follow the McClaren's and see if they were spinning out or getting knocked off the track, but it just seemed the AI is crap for these cars. Also Kobayashi was always qualifying 20th or above and doing even worse in the races. Seems like the drivers skills aren't true to life!!!

Haha, I know what you mean there, Glock qualified 2nd in one of my career races, think it was at Canada, and finished 4th. That and backmarkers moving over to let you past only to cut back onto the racing line at the last minute causing you to smash into the back of them and get given a penalty.

Zetenge
10-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I know what you mean. I also was very confused when i first drove a RedBull. You will get used to it.

joe joe
10-10-2011, 09:27 PM
i like that all the cars are different