PDA

View Full Version : Caspian Border Beta gameplay!

MediumMelanin
09-29-2011, 04:34 AM
Ha, well, I managed to get in one of the servers that hosts this map! Man, it's 20x bigger than "Operation Metro" and it's 10x better because it's Conquest and has vehicles (jets, jeeps, tanks, etc.)! OMFG! I can't wait for the full game! I have a video, but it's not quite uploaded, so enjoy these screenshots in the meantime! Nothing to fancy, but it's proof that it's NOT "Operation Metro!" I will upload more, if I can!

NOTE: PC beta.

Battlefield 3 Caspian Border - YouTube

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv135/Da1unv621/bf32011-09-2823-36-24-81.jpg
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv135/Da1unv621/bf32011-09-2823-36-54-50.jpg
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv135/Da1unv621/bf32011-09-2823-37-46-18.jpg
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv135/Da1unv621/bf32011-09-2823-37-47-20.jpg
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv135/Da1unv621/bf32011-09-2823-37-51-85.jpg
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv135/Da1unv621/bf32011-09-2823-38-21-16.jpg

iBuzz7S
09-29-2011, 04:54 AM
So how exactly does this work? I mean, I've seen footage of this already, but how are people playing on a second map, when EA stated that only one will be available?

twinkie
09-29-2011, 05:06 AM
So how exactly does this work? I mean, I've seen footage of this already, but how are people playing on a second map, when EA stated that only one will be available?

the server is password protected so only those who have the password can play it (which you can find here, http://www.dsogaming.com/news/battlefield-3-how-to-get-access-to-caspian-border-map/)

MediumMelanin
09-29-2011, 05:07 AM
They're there to join, but you gotta know the password to get in, otherwise it's "ACCESS DENIED! Your PC will blow up in 5...4...3..."

iBuzz7S
09-29-2011, 05:36 AM
the server is password protected so only those who have the password can play it (which you can find here, http://www.dsogaming.com/news/battlefield-3-how-to-get-access-to-caspian-border-map/)
Thank you for the link. You've just convinced me to create an Origin account.

A little disappointing that the PC community get yet another advantage over console gamers. I have access to the beta on both platforms, so I am not too fussed, but it would of been good if they had kinda favoured the console world.

Ah well, beggars can't be choosers.

MediumMelanin
09-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Thank you for the link. You've just convinced me to create an Origin account.

A little disappointing that the PC community get yet another advantage over console gamers. I have access to the beta on both platforms, so I am not too fussed, but it would of been good if they had kinda favoured the console world.

The password always changes, and I'm sure they'll change it later today. You'll be lucky to find an empty slot!

exo-apollo
09-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks MM this looks great. Operation Metro sounds alright but BF has always been about huge maps and lots of vehicles.

MediumMelanin
09-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Thanks MM this looks great. Operation Metro sounds alright but BF has always been about huge maps and lots of vehicles.

No problem, I know the pics aren't very entertaining and all, but I'll have a video on YouTube in about two hours, also, I will try to get more pics taken and uploaded soon! :)

rc deaths agent
09-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Thats awesome!! I wish the 360 beta had that map.

TAI JASON
09-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Thats awesome!! I wish the 360 beta had that map.

Yeah me too, i hope we got our Xbox 360 version of this map, so we can see how it looks on 360...

MediumMelanin
09-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Alright guys, I had my video uploaded, man, I'm new on YouTube uploading, so I don't know how to make it HD.

EDIT: How do I embed the video?

Burnout x360a
09-29-2011, 09:03 AM
but it would of been good if they had kinda favoured the console world.

Why on earth would they do that when PC is the lead platform?

iBuzz7S
09-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Why on earth would they do that when PC is the lead platform?
That is why. The PC has a lot more going for it over the console version. They could of given console users a second map, as a form of compensation.

:eek:

acurate bob
09-29-2011, 09:11 AM
on your video when you right click it, isint there a Copy Embed Code or something like that, i aint done it for a long while.

Seen the vid, looks massive compared to Metro...

Grey Delta
09-29-2011, 09:26 AM
I have a feeling Caspian Border will be unlocked for everyone at some point during the beta.

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 10:03 AM
EDIT: How do I embed the video?
Here on the forum? Just paste the link to it, the forum software does the rest of the work for you.

Burnout x360a
09-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Battlefield 3 Caspian Border - YouTube

Like that ;)

Nekrophetamine
09-29-2011, 06:14 PM
I really hope DICE is able to get the Caspian Border map out to consoles in an update, even if it's during the last week of the beta. having played it on PC, I was just in awe.

Seriously, it's the map that should represent BF3, not Metro. Metro is... eh, it has it's moments. I can see it leaving a bad taste in people's mouths; especially the first part of the level = tons of sniping, camping, and shooting + all the bugs that allow you to be invincible, invisible, or shoot through rocks miles away.

Suiken
09-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Seriously, it's the map that should represent BF3, not Metro. Metro is... eh, it has it's moments. I can see it leaving a bad taste in people's mouths; especially the first part of the level

I agree completely. Metro was a terrible choice for the beta. I will give DICE the benefit of the doubt and assume there was a reason for the choice, but from my perspective it was not a good one.

FPS GLIMMER
09-29-2011, 06:34 PM
PC version looks a million times better..............:(

MediumMelanin
09-30-2011, 07:51 AM

Oh, yeah, it definitely looks better, but I recorded this with FRAPS, my first video, lol! Anyway, it looks even better than the video when you actually play it! :)

fallout frank
09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I agree completely. Metro was a terrible choice for the beta. I will give DICE the benefit of the doubt and assume there was a reason for the choice, but from my perspective it was not a good one.

Im sure they picked the map because it has alot of close quarter action, and they thought that would convince the COD fans that its good.

Sayonara1733
09-30-2011, 07:12 PM
I get why they thought this map would lure in some CoD fans but in reality these two games play completely different. I am a long-time CoD fan and apart from BC2 this is the first BF game I'll be playing for more MP than the campaign (which looks amazing) and I did really badly my first few rounds because I went in trying to play this game like MW2. You just can't do that. BF is much more team oriented and when I started to play like I should I did much better and got the feel of this game pretty good. There are problems with this game but there will be with any new release. Especially during a beta test phase. I do like how the MP plays on this but Metro is a bad map to start on and I'd much rather play some of the others.

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 07:23 PM

Very true, but the developers have to work with the hardware they are given. On the flip side, console gamers don't have to constantly fork over the green to keep the rig up to-date so that it will run all of the new games. It's a give and take I guess.

MediumMelanin
09-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Battlefield 3 Caspian Border - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXrN4WJj3M)

Like that ;)

Thanks, I did just put in the link, but it didn't work! So, I'm gonna copy your post into mine! lol

Yes, Conquest in Caspian Border would've been a better beta, and people will surely keep their pre-orders, I've seen a lot of people saying their cancelling because it's horrible. Wel, kiddies, "Rush" is a Bad Company game mode, and you won't be missed! :) I guess it's mostly CoD fanboys. Also, A LOT of things have been taken out of the beta, so the retail will look 10x better, and the beta looks pretty awesome right now, to me! :woop::)

rc deaths agent
09-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks, I did just put in the link, but it didn't work! So, I'm gonna copy your post into mine! lol

Yes, Conquest in Caspian Border would've been a better beta, and people will surely keep their pre-orders, I've seen a lot of people saying their cancelling because it's horrible. Wel, kiddies, "Rush" is a Bad Company game mode, and you won't be missed! :) I guess it's mostly CoD fanboys. Also, A LOT of things have been taken out of the beta, so the retail will look 10x better, and the beta looks pretty awesome right now, to me! :woop::) Conquest is where it's at for me and this looks friggin awesome imo. Thanks for the post.

Tatanko
10-01-2011, 03:49 AM
Seriously, it's the map that should represent BF3, not Metro.
I agree completely. Their thinking on how to lure in the COD faithful was all backwards. They thought that by choosing a map that would make for gameplay that had similar elements to COD that they would be helping the COD players feel comfortable. On the contrary, the COD players came over with expectations about how Battlefield should play after hearing us BF players hype it up for the last 6 months, and those expectations were completely obliterated. Now those players are less likely to come back and play more BF, which is a shame because they were never really shown what Battlefield is.

Mother Beef
10-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Nice gameplay, keep it coming!

What settings are you running?

Barad
10-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Now this is a good map! Metro is nothing..

BlizzyDragonNL
10-01-2011, 10:45 AM
nice map. why doesn't they do that on the xbox shalt be nice only one map is getting borrowing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/default/gamercard_nxe_dashboard/BlizzyDragonNL.png

MediumMelanin
10-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Nice gameplay, keep it coming!

What settings are you running?

Ah, yes! They opened up the Caspian Border servers again for the weekend, this time without any password requirements! And there's a lot of servers to join this time!

I specs are:

Intel i5-2500K@3.2GHz
Windows 7 Professional
8GB 1600 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB on HIGH (1400x900 resolution) 80FPS
1.5TB HDD 7200RPM:Bounce:

Mother Beef
10-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Ah, yes! They opened up the Caspian Border servers again for the weekend, this time without any password requirements! And there's a lot of servers to join this time!

I specs are:

Intel i5-2500K@3.2GHz
Windows 7 Professional
8GB 1600 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB on HIGH (1400x900 resolution) 80FPS
1.5TB HDD 7200RPM:Bounce:

So i heard. :(
I wanna playyyyyy.

Wow, nice rig. You and your nice things paid for with nice money :mad:

MediumMelanin
10-08-2011, 01:03 AM
So i heard. :(
I wanna playyyyyy.

Wow, nice rig. You and your nice things paid for with nice money :mad:
Yeah, thanks! :) The jets are phenomenal, just out of the universe!!!! Not super "perfect" but, WOW! Anyway, everyone at first is always camping for jets! LOL! I know, who doesn't want to try out a jet? Especially me, since I am a console gamer and I just bought the PC for Battlefield 3, because I wanted to play with 64 players and better visuals. So, I have no experience with vehicle controls! I did, however, get used to playing with the keyboard and mouse, yet, I'm not as good as I was in Battlefield Bad Company 2 or 1. Maybe it's the game too, since it feels different, can't say for sure. I will, still, however get a copy for my PlayStation 3, since I am gonna run out of XBL gold in mid-November, so why renew it when I am not gonna play my Xbox anymore after I leave my home?

Cooljoe
10-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Wow, A Small Breeze, I wish we had caspian border for the beta lol but serially, awesome videos.