PDA

View Full Version : Unicorn Cars Question

IEvil IMonkey
09-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Ok I'm still a little confused by this...

On Forzamotorsport.net it says the following...

In Forza Motorsport, unicorns are unique cars that cannot be bought in the career’s “Buy Car” area. They can only be added to your career garage (and thus upgraded and customized) through the Auction House or as gifts from the Community team. These cars cannot be driven from the common garage that is found in “Quick Race,” “Free Play,” “Split Screen” and “Multiplayer.” They are called unicorns because they are exceedingly rare (it’s a somewhat common video game design term for rare or random items).

Now I know you could buy these cars on the auction house for crazy money but he says here that you was also gifted them from the community team - Now I know i received a few cars during Forza3 saying it was a "GIFT" from Turn10 so are these cars Unicorns :confused:

TwistedFate
09-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Now I know i received a few cars during Forza3 saying it was a "GIFT" from Turn10 so are these cars Unicorns :confused:

No, not all Turn 10 gifts are unicorns. The ones that are were like contest prizes and things. If you didn't do anything special to get it, it isn't a unicorn.

WoH Jabba81
09-29-2011, 12:16 PM
No, not all Turn 10 gifts are unicorns. The ones that are were like contest prizes and things. If you didn't do anything special to get it, it isn't a unicorn.

The unicorns are:
2006 Subaru Impreza S204
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A

I have the Mazda RX-7

red_hammer
09-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Already posted it a the achievement page:

"The "Unicorn Hunter" cheevo will pop as soon as you import your profile from FM3, if you have any Unicorns in your FM3 garage."

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4811378.aspx

Think it's gonna be quite a big relief for those who preordered FM4! :)

IEvil IMonkey
09-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Ok thanks for clearing this up... Im glad the auction house will have a seperate tab for these to make them easier to find and hopefully win =)

AA x driv3r
09-30-2011, 01:38 AM
I think it might be easier to win since credits are easier to earn.

WoH Jabba81
09-30-2011, 08:39 AM
I think it might be easier to win since credits are easier to earn.

Why are they easier to win???

MAD MAZTEC
10-01-2011, 02:33 AM
There are more than 3 unicorns in FM4 now :)

Btw thanks for linking my guide <3

Mohegan13
10-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Going by the full car list, it seems many of the unicorns will be regular - if pricey - cars that were in FM3 like the Murciélago LP640.

Personally I hope many of them will be importable as I never really agreed with limiting some cars to only the hardcore gamers who can afford to spend lots of time with it and the credit cheaters.

IEvil IMonkey
10-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Will anybody who has one of the Unicorn Cars in Forza3 (and still has the game/save) BUT IS NOT getting Forza4 be willing to send me one so I can unlock the Achievement straight away when I start Forza4???

The unicorns are:
2006 Subaru Impreza S204

I will of course send it straight back after getting the achievement once Forza4 is released on Oct14th

Please send me a message over LIVE @ IEvil IMonkey

Many Thanks

Harry Lloyd
10-02-2011, 11:02 AM
How do you looks for unicorn cars? Do you have to look for those specific models in the auction house? What are the chances of buying one?

madmankevin
10-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Will anybody who has one of the Unicorn Cars in Forza3 (and still has the game/save) BUT IS NOT getting Forza4 be willing to send me one so I can unlock the Achievement straight away when I start Forza4???

The unicorns are:
2006 Subaru Impreza S204

I will of course send it straight back after getting the achievement once Forza4 is released on Oct14th

Many Thanks

No way in hell!

The reason I say that is because Turn 10 locked the cars. Once you get one, you can't sell it, you can't gift it, and you can't put it up for auction. The only thing you can do other than keeping it is to sell it in game for a few thousand credits.

Plus, If we could trade, there would be no way in hell I'd give it to a stranger! ;)

Hawaiian
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
But I thought you'd get a Unicorn Car in Forza 3 for pre-ordering Forza 4 and sending Turn 10 the receipt? Then you'd have the unicorn on your FM3 profile and once you import it to Forza 4 the achievement will unlock?

red_hammer
10-02-2011, 07:00 PM
But I thought you'd get a Unicorn Car in Forza 3 for pre-ordering Forza 4 and sending Turn 10 the receipt? Then you'd have the unicorn on your FM3 profile and once you import it to Forza 4 the achievement will unlock?

Perfectly right.

"The "Unicorn Hunter" cheevo will pop as soon as you import your profile from FM3, if you have any Unicorns in your FM3 garage."http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4811378.aspx

Hawaiian
10-02-2011, 08:48 PM
@red_hammer thanks for confirming that.
@zinadine76 why are you asking for another unicorn then?

red_hammer
10-03-2011, 07:02 AM

The unicorns are:
2006 Subaru Impreza S204

Many Thanks

When you preordered the game anyway, all you need to do is being part of the Preorder Incentives Program...
Send your preorder receipt to the developers and you'll get the RX-7 Spirit R in FM3.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/

I can confirm it's working since I did just this last monday and had my Unicorn tuesday morning...

IEvil IMonkey
10-03-2011, 03:38 PM
@zinadine76 why are you asking for another unicorn then?

:confused: What??? At what point did I say I have a Unicorn Car :confused:

Im trying to find out how to get 1 or which cars in Forza3 count to unlock it in Forza4

IEvil IMonkey
10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
When you preordered the game anyway, all you need to do is being part of the Preorder Incentives Program...
Send your preorder receipt to the developers and you'll get the RX-7 Spirit R in FM3.

I can confirm it's working since I did just this last monday and had my Unicorn tuesday morning...

Ive just done this today with my preorder receipt... fingers crossed :woop:

IEvil IMonkey
10-04-2011, 02:36 PM

Ok I followed your link (above) and followed the steps so is that it.... I just keep loading up Forza3 every day until I get a msg?? Im a member of forzamotorsport.net but did I need to do anything else to become a Preorder Incentives Program member or does sending the email enter you into it??

Many thanks :woop:

Hawaiian
10-04-2011, 03:38 PM
:confused: What??? At what point did I say I have a Unicorn Car :confused:

Im trying to find out how to get 1 or which cars in Forza3 count to unlock it in Forza4

I meant the FM4 pre-order incentive unicorn. I thought you knew about it, sorry for the confusion :p

red_hammer
10-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Ok I followed your link (above) and followed the steps so is that it.... I just keep loading up Forza3 every day until I get a msg?? Im a member of forzamotorsport.net but did I need to do anything else to become a Preorder Incentives Program member or does sending the email enter you into it??

Many thanks :woop:

Following the steps there should be it... yep.
Unforunately I can't tell you when you'll receive the unicorn - I got mine within 24 hrs and I consider myself pretty lucky cause I already read of ppl waiting for 4 weeks...

IEvil IMonkey
10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Unforunately I can't tell you when you'll receive the unicorn - I got mine within 24 hrs and I consider myself pretty lucky cause I already read of ppl waiting for 4 weeks...

Well its no hassle to fire F3 up from now till F4 :woop: just hope it gets gifted before F4 release

Thanks for the info and reply

MxPx
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Unicorns would be cooler if they were God-mode vehicles. (Incapable of use in competitive races, of course) But to spend all that time earning money to bid on a Subaru/Mazda/Chevy with mid-grade stats...weak.

IEvil IMonkey
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I meant the FM4 pre-order incentive unicorn. I thought you knew about it, sorry for the confusion :p

Ok no worries :Bounce: I dont know if the cars listed in the other thread will unlock the Unicorn achievement straight away (the Ferrari and Lambo) so I may aswell try this preorder incentive for a unicorn aswell :woop: I preordered back in July when the LCE became available to preorder in my local Gamestation but I honestly knew nothing about this scheme so fingers x'd now

Lumpi
10-04-2011, 05:35 PM

will you get an e-mail from microsoft with a dlc code or how do you know when your unicorn arrived?

SuperSkyline89
10-04-2011, 07:09 PM
will you get an e-mail from microsoft with a dlc code or how do you know when your unicorn arrived?

It's a gift car, you get a message within Forza 3 and one you accept it gets added to your garage.

Maldastar52
10-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Submitted my receipt and had my car gifted within 6 hours of sending my email. Car looks sharp and love the TG Track on the hood :) Very nice touch.

Evil Epyon
10-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by how fast the turn around was on the preorder incentive. Submitted it it late monday night and had it tuesday morning. Looks like ill have a few of the cars that are supposed to be unicorns in this one. It sucks not having the LF-A though

IEvil IMonkey
10-05-2011, 04:37 PM
I sent the email on monday and got it tuesday evening =)

Must say its a weight off my mind now

red_hammer
10-05-2011, 06:17 PM
It sucks not having the LF-A though

Perfectly right! What a shame that this one is unreachable in FM3 for a day 1 buyer!

But congratulations to everyone who already received their car :) Glad I could help a bit

Evil Epyon
10-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Perfectly right! What a shame that this one is unreachable in FM3 for a day 1 buyer!

But congratulations to everyone who already received their car :) Glad I could help a bit

I had no idea that the LF-A was even available in FM3 until the other day and then it was a brief rise and fall. Like holy crap I can get that so I tried in the game and saw it wasn't there so I researched a bit more and saw it was only in that Ultimate edition. I then cursed my day 1 limited edition FM3 and finished buying all of the other unicorn cars I could.

Oh ya I saw in another post outside the site that the Time Attack Evo 230cr or ct was going to be a unicorn as well, anyone know about that?

Edit: Found the link (http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/forza-motorsport-4/37015-forza-motorsport-4-car-track-list-dlc-%5Bwip%5D-updated-october-1st.html) looks like its not an import unicorn... oops

DarnedCargo
10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
the link wont let me send my receipt to forza. any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Mette
10-05-2011, 07:40 PM
You need to email the receipt to the email address in this link: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/

With your gamertag in the title and (if possible) your gamertag on the receipt (although I did not do that because I ordered online).

I just took some screenshots from my emails from the store + a screenshot from the store website. But you could clearly see my email address on the screenshots so they could check it was my pre-order.

It took like 2 weeks to get my RX-7.

Evil Epyon
10-05-2011, 07:49 PM
the link wont let me send my receipt to forza. any help will be greatfully appreciated.

I had the same issue with the email not popping up but if you just manually type it in the address is still good.

Also if you did an online preorder, you can just snip or ss a copy of your preorder email. I blacked out any personal info with the exception of my name which would match my email and just used paint to put my gamertag on the picture. I named my attachment "Forza 4 receipt" and set it along with my GT in the subject line like they ask. I got my RX-7 in less than a day.

DarnedCargo
10-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys =D. I ordered mine from amazon so i've printed the reciept and scanned it onto the pc because i don't know how to get a screenshot. and i'll send it when i've finished work.

Edit: Just sent it. hope they get it. fingers X'd lol.

Taki...
10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Hmmm... I had to do a double screen shot because my amazon order was so long. Still my email/order number and the date are clear enough.
In the age of the internet retailer you have to wonder why the instructions seem skewed towards paper receipts.

Evil Epyon
10-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Hmmm... I had to do a double screen shot because my amazon order was so long. Still my email/order number and the date are clear enough.
In the age of the internet retailer you have to wonder why the instructions seem skewed towards paper receipts.

I really wanted the preorder car from Amazon but since the were out of LCEs I ordered at o.co so I could save some money (70 for the LCE wasn't bad at all). I was wondering too about this promotion and its skewedness towards paper receipts. I can't even remember the last time I preordered in person at a brick and mortar store.

Jasmx
10-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Does this only aply if you pre-order the ltd edition?
Or can I get the standard copy & still gain the unicorn car?

Taki...
10-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Does this only aply if you pre-order the ltd edition?
Or can I get the standard copy & still gain the unicorn car?

Didn't notice anything about Limited Edition only... mine's a standard copy, so if that's the case I'm outta luck too.

Mette
10-06-2011, 08:07 PM
It works for every copy, as long as it is pre-ordered.

IEvil IMonkey
10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Here is the link again

It can be any version and I think they'll accept a screen shot etc as proof of preorder.... it doesnt say paper receipts only

DefEdge
10-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Hold on a sec, I have to accept my unicorn in Forza 3 and not in 4? I don't have a copy of 3 right now, I finished it a month after it came out when I rented it. Am I going to have to get a copy of Forza 3 just to get my unicorn so it is eligible for Forza 4?

I sent my receipt info into them a few days ago. I thought I would receive an email about it, but if this is the case, I'm not sure how I'm going to get a hold of a copy of Forza 3 right now.

Bencho
10-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Hold on a sec, I have to accept my unicorn in Forza 3 and not in 4?

Yes, that's right. The unicorn is for forza 3 and with the profile import you get it in forza 4

Jasmx
10-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the quick reply guys, Ill get mine on pre-order form Gamestation tomorrow & send the email off, hopefully it'll come through, all for a achievement lol ;)

Evil Epyon
10-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Hold on a sec, I have to accept my unicorn in Forza 3 and not in 4? I don't have a copy of 3 right now, I finished it a month after it came out when I rented it. Am I going to have to get a copy of Forza 3 just to get my unicorn so it is eligible for Forza 4?

I sent my receipt info into them a few days ago. I thought I would receive an email about it, but if this is the case, I'm not sure how I'm going to get a hold of a copy of Forza 3 right now.

They send you both the car and the confirmation on Forza 3 so you wont get any email from them. The best way to get a hold of Forza 3 if you dont own one is to "rent one" at gamestop. Buy a used copy and then return it within the 7 day return period and get your money back but ya the rub is that you still have to access FM3 to get your import unicorn from the preorder incentive.

Jasmx
10-06-2011, 09:13 PM
On that link about how to get a unicorn car there is a code at the bottom, whats that there for exactly?

Evil Epyon
10-06-2011, 09:19 PM
On that link about how to get a unicorn car there is a code at the bottom, whats that there for exactly?

Who knows, its been used already. I'd speculate that is was maybe a dlc pack or theme that they gave away.

DefEdge
10-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Ok, I managed to get a copy of it, found the gifted RX-7, and got it downloaded. There were other cars too that claimed I got from 'missing content' but the messages I got with those say I have to buy the car packs to get them in the game. Are those going to x-fer too? I don't want to be spending any more money than I have to. Or were those gifted cars during the time that Forza 3 was being run around? Remember I had completed Forza 3 in about a month and sent it back to Gamefly and hadn't seen this game again until now. I wish they had dated these messages...

Evil Epyon
10-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Its a short list of cars that will be importable so chances are that all of the missing content cars aren't going to transfer and if you really want them you will have to throw more money at FM3 to get those "free" cars... a few days away from the new game.

DefEdge
10-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I'm not going to worry about it. I supposedly have 4 gifted cars in the messages, but they are missing content. There were a total of 6 cars, one being the RX-7, and one more I was able to get. It was a Lexus racing car, some Eclipse or something, I grabbed it too. The others are just going to have to rot then, I can't download them without buying something I'm not going to use. Thanks for the info here so I could get my RX-7, I will probably use it in 4. Have to take Forza 3 back now, I might need that 25 bucks for something later.

red_hammer
10-07-2011, 05:48 AM

It was just a code for the demo - since it's out since monday anyway you'll don't have to worry about it :)

Mohegan13
10-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Here is the link again

It can be any version and I think they'll accept a screen shot etc as proof of preorder.... it doesnt say paper receipts only

I sent them a screen-shot of my online pre-order email confirmation and they accepted that. Even though it's not prepaid or a receipt. So I would say they'll accept most things.

trymemf
10-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Ok so i got a Forza 3&2 save file(s) but no unicorn cars what happens if i send in my receipt and get the Unicorn and then start up forza 4 with my save but without having collected my unic from F3 will i be able to buy F3 about a month later get my uncorn car and import it to f4 and Bleep bloop achievo? please reply quickly sry for my weird writing

SuperSkyline89
10-07-2011, 01:50 PM
I sent them a screen-shot of my online pre-order email confirmation and they accepted that. Even though it's not prepaid or a receipt. So I would say they'll accept most things.

No pre-orders are prepaid. Most stores just take $5 but you don't pay in full until you actually pick up the game.

Mette
10-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Ok so i got a Forza 3&2 save file(s) but no unicorn cars what happens if i send in my receipt and get the Unicorn and then start up forza 4 with my save but without having collected my unic from F3 will i be able to buy F3 about a month later get my uncorn car and import it to f4 and Bleep bloop achievo? please reply quickly sry for my weird writing

There is only 1 chance at importing cars (and thus the unicorns) and that is after the first race. After that, the only way to get a chieve from importing your Forza 3 game with unicorn is moving your Forza 4 savegame somewhere else, start a new Forza 4 game and import it again (with the unicorn).

After that, remove the new savegame and put your original Forza 4 savegame back.

trymemf
10-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Ok thanks a thousand

DarnedCargo
10-08-2011, 03:34 PM
I got my unicorn car this morning.

T3z
10-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I have the s204 in fm3, it actually is a leaderboard a class car. very competitive in online lobbies, handles pretty much the same as the 04' wrx though.

Jasmx
10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
sent a photo of my receipt in late Saturday, Still, waiting, hoping I've done it right.

I keep a eye on the auction house incase Turn 10 put any on, fingers crossed

IEvil IMonkey
10-10-2011, 10:05 PM
sent a photo of my receipt in late Saturday, Still, waiting, hoping I've done it right.

I keep a eye on the auction house incase Turn 10 put any on, fingers crossed

Did you def put your gamertag on the receipt :confused:

HD Addict
10-11-2011, 12:31 AM
I just sent in my receipt today. Hopefully I made it time.

Joel78
10-11-2011, 02:01 AM
When you receive the message does it say it's a unicorn or something? I received a few gift cars, one of them said it's Top-Secret, would that be it? Is there anyway to tell?

SuperSkyline89
10-11-2011, 02:12 AM
When you receive the message does it say it's a unicorn or something? I received a few gift cars, one of them said it's Top-Secret, would that be it? Is there anyway to tell?

If it's a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R then ya, it's a unicorn.

Joel78
10-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Nah I can't actually remember what it was but wasn't that. Nevermind, I'll keep checking...only sent my email a couple of days ago.

red_hammer
10-11-2011, 06:54 AM
The message doesn't tell you, that you just received a unicorn.
You'll get two messages:
- Thanks for being part of the preorder incentives program ........
- Gift-Car message - it's like all the other messages telling you that you got a car

@HD Addict - yes, your still in time - preorder incentives program will end at Oct. 13

Sonic1896
10-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Won the Skyline Unicorn I was gunning after on the auction house for like 175k!
*Does my happy dance*
Another one went for over a million. Crazy how fast the bids were going the last cpl of mins.

IEvil IMonkey
10-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Won the Skyline Unicorn I was gunning after on the auction house for like 175k!
*Does my happy dance*
Another one went for over a million. Crazy how fast the bids were going the last cpl of mins.

Is this in Forza3 or Forza4 because the only Unicorns to win in Forza3 are..
2006 Subaru Impreza S204

trymemf
10-11-2011, 01:39 PM
I sent my first email to them sunday evening and on monday i went and bought forza3 and i didnt have any gift cars except an old one so i sent another email with a screendump of my pre order order and i havnt gotten anything im getting kinda worried is there any chance i can get it after FM4 release? any help is very appreciated

trymemf
10-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I had put my gamertag in the subj line and nothing else but i didnt put it one the receipt sine it was a screendump i didnt really know where to put it but do you have to put ur gt in the pic?

Mohegan13
10-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Just been reading the official forums. The Unicorn prices are already selling around the 2mil mark.

By the time Europe officially get the game, those prices will likely be around the 8-15mil range. Thanks turn10.

Sonic1896
10-11-2011, 04:23 PM
2006 Subaru Impreza S204
Forza 4. They had about 10-12 different cars up on the auction house. 4 of each.
The car I snagged was: 1993 Nissan MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R

Mohegan13
10-11-2011, 05:17 PM
For those wondering, here is the complete list of unicorn cars.

2002 BMW M3-GTR "Street Version"
1969 Chevy Camaro SS Coupe
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
2007 Shelby GT500
2004 Mugen Civic Type-R
2002 Mugen Integra Type-R
2005 Honda NSX-R GT
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
2007 Lambo Murciélago LP640
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R
1993 MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R
2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15
2006 Subaru Impreza S204
2002 Top Secret 0-300 Supra

Evil Epyon
10-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Has anyone figured out what the Secret import car is yet?

Andrewken
10-11-2011, 06:21 PM
For those wondering, here is the complete list of unicorn cars.

2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2007 Shelby GT500
2004 Mugen Civic Type-R
2005 Honda NSX-R GT
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
2007 Lambo Murciélago LP640
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R
2006 Subaru Impreza S204

According to that list I already have 2 unicorn cars from Forza 3's VIP Pack to import for when I get the game on Friday.

The 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia and the 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera which makes me very happy :D

Mohegan13
10-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Has anyone figured out what the Secret import car is yet?

I've read that it's the DeLorean.

Don't have the game yet so can't confirm either way.

MAD MAZTEC
10-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Indeed, It is the Delorean

Jasmx
10-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Did you def put your gamertag on the receipt :confused:

yep, on both receipts to be sure I done what needed.
cant wait for Friday!!:woop: Just hoping i get the unicorn gifted car by then

The Clutch Hand
10-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Quick question regarding this uni-corn car achievement. I didn't pre order Forza 4, but can I obtain a uni-corn car through DLC/VIP pass on Forza 3

Maka
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Got this achievement when I imported the save from FM3. Not sure how, but apparently I had a unicorn car from that game (think it was the Lamborghini supperleggera)

poppy
10-12-2011, 03:12 AM
These are the 17 Unicorn Cars in FM4.
The unicorns are:

2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia (If you had this in your FM3 garage you'll get it in FM4)

2007 Shelby GT500

2004 Mugen Civic Type-R

2005 Honda NSX-R GT

2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera (if you had this in your FM3 Garage you'll get it in FM4)

2007 Lambo Murcielago LP640

2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R (if in your FM3 garage you'll get it in fm4)

2006 Subaru Impreza S204

http://game.downloadatoz.com/tutorial,28299,forza-motorsport-4-unicorn-cars-full-list-and-how-to-get-unicorn-cars.html

Are they confirmed?

red_hammer
10-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Are they confirmed?

Seems so, as Mohegan already posted the same list. :)

WoH Jabba81
10-12-2011, 07:47 AM
2006 Subaru Impreza S204

Not true... did you ever heared of the Null Car???
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2619/4132779534_0f28dd4293.jpg

IEvil IMonkey
10-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Not true... did you ever heared of the Null Car???
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2619/4132779534_0f28dd4293.jpg

Err no and neither have Turn10 when saying there was 3 unicorns in Forza3

Check the unicorn section...
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/
Only lists 3

WoH Jabba81
10-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Err no and neither have Turn10 when saying there was 3 unicorns in Forza3

Check the unicorn section...
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/
Only lists 3

This is an unicorn trust me ;)

Mohegan13
10-12-2011, 08:11 AM
I always wanted the null car. I've raced against it once or twice, never lucky enough to own it.

Shame Turn10 didn't add it as an official unicorn for a bit of humour :p

IEvil IMonkey
10-12-2011, 08:13 AM
This is an unicorn trust me ;)

So why NO mention of it anywhere else on here or from Turn10? :confused:

Mohegan13
10-12-2011, 08:44 AM
So why NO mention of it anywhere else on here or from Turn10? :confused:

It was all the rage about a year ago. It was a glitch when buying from the auction house. I forget what the cause was (or if it was even stated) it became the unofficial 4th unicorn for many people as it was rather well liked for it's all black appearance.

IEvil IMonkey
10-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Ah so it was a glitch and therefore never made OFFICIAL =)

WoH Jabba81
10-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Ah so it was a glitch and therefore never made OFFICIAL =)

Love the car by the while... :)
My game is shipping at the moment :woop:

Hawaiian
10-12-2011, 10:57 AM
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R (if in your FM3 garage you'll get it in fm4)

That's not true. The HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R cannot be imported from Forza 3 to Forza 4.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/photos/community/images/4772807/original.aspx

(Secret Car is the DeLorean)

IEvil IMonkey
10-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Looks like the list that the HKS info was taken from has been cleaned up now because I rememeber seeing it on there aswell as a few other others which have now had the FM3>FM4 Garage info removed

Evil Epyon
10-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I keep seeing the Corvette ZR-1 popping on and off of these unicorn lists. The black list that most refer to shows it as an import but on the full FM4 lists its usually missing and that TA Evo is there. Any way to confirm if the ZR-1 imports and is a unicorn as well as the TA Evo?

Sonic1896
10-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Why do I keep seeing DeLorean grouped together with the Unicorn list? I'm able to buy it in game.

Mohegan13
10-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Why do I keep seeing DeLorean grouped together with the Unicorn list? I'm able to buy it in game.

Because it is the "secret" car that gets transferred if you have it in your career garage.

joebern28
10-13-2011, 05:05 AM
So, if you didnt preorder the game the only way to get a unicorn car and this achieve is to spend an arm and a leg in the auction house and hope you get one before theyre all gone? Just wondering since I didnt preorder and wondering how impossible this achieve is going to be to attain without that preorder.

Mohegan13
10-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Well if you don't have any of the unicorns in FM3, the AH is your only choice. Unless you can win one of the T10 competitions and ask for one.

Sadly, thanks to credit hacks, most of us will never see any unicorns. Naturally T10 are ignoring the issue again and deleting any posts complaining about it.

Mette
10-13-2011, 08:43 AM
So, if you didnt preorder the game the only way to get a unicorn car and this achieve is to spend an arm and a leg in the auction house and hope you get one before theyre all gone? Just wondering since I didnt preorder and wondering how impossible this achieve is going to be to attain without that preorder.

Thats not true. There are only 3 cars in Forza 3 which are unicorns. The rest in the list are DLC cars from Forza 3. So if you have one of those in your garage (except for the DeLorean, which isn't a unicorn), you will get the achievement.

You don't need to pre-order the game to get it as far as I know (although I don't have the game yet and I have the pre-order car).

This is what I read.

WoH Jabba81
10-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Thats not true. There are only 3 cars in Forza 3 which are unicorns. The rest in the list are DLC cars from Forza 3. So if you have one of those in your garage (except for the DeLorean, which isn't a unicorn), you will get the achievement.

You don't need to pre-order the game to get it as far as I know (although I don't have the game yet and I have the pre-order car).

This is what I read.

You are right :woop:

SuperSkyline89
10-13-2011, 02:45 PM

This is what I read.

Any DLC cars from Forza 3, or just the VIP Pack cars?

Mette
10-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Any DLC cars from Forza 3, or just the VIP Pack cars?
I don't think those were VIP pack cars, but they are certainly DLC cars.

But not all of the importable cars are unicorns either apparently.
Only:
The 3 unicorns from Forza 3
The superleggera
The scuderia

So if you have one of those in your garage, you will get the unicorn achievement when you import your profile.

SuperSkyline89
10-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't think those were VIP pack cars, but they are certainly DLC cars.

But not all of the importable cars are unicorns either apparently.
Only:
The 3 unicorns from Forza 3
The superleggera
The scuderia

So if you have one of those in your garage, you will get the unicorn achievement when you import your profile.

The Superleggera and Scuderia are VIP Pack cars from Forza 3. The ZR1 and DBS were also part of that pack, though it appears they aren't unicorns.

disguised custard creams
10-13-2011, 04:40 PM
they best not be too hard to come across

Mohegan13
10-13-2011, 05:12 PM
all in the high millions last time i checked.

TekkerzLAD 7
10-13-2011, 08:07 PM
how do I search for a Unicorn car do they have their own search specific now?

Mohegan13
10-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Yes they do.

When you go into the auction house just click on RB (or RT I forget) and it will switch you to "unicorns only".

Much easier to find.

j9292
10-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Will the incentives on forza 4 be unicorn cars because i am fairly worried that i will never get one because they are 10m+ and that i already started my forza 4 file without getting the rx-7 on forza 3. Plus i got a msg on forza 3 for T10 today and when i went to look at it nothing new was shown could that have been the rx-7 please help :( I really want the Cheevo

Sonic1896
10-13-2011, 11:05 PM
T10 needs to crack down on the hackers already. With 2 hrs left to go I saw a Unicorn auction sitting at 790 million.

TekkerzLAD 7
10-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Yes they do.

When you go into the auction house just click on RB (or RT I forget) and it will switch you to "unicorns only".

Much easier to find.

cheers mate how I didnt see that in the first place I dont know feel like a right noob lol.

joebern28
10-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I know I checked auction house before I headed into work todayand the auctions are retardedly expensive!

SatNiteEduardo
10-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Will the incentives on forza 4 be unicorn cars because i am fairly worried that i will never get one because they are 10m+ and that i already started my forza 4 file without getting the rx-7 on forza 3. Plus i got a msg on forza 3 for T10 today and when i went to look at it nothing new was shown could that have been the rx-7 please help :( I really want the Cheevo

Read mette's post 13 and my post 20 here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4584547&posted=1

You can still get the cheevo - On a separate save device eg if you use your hard drive at the moment then back them up to USB or something and then on your free save device load your Forza 3 save and buy the cars listed in mettes post. I bought the top 3 and bottom 3 and sorry I do not know which cars will work or won't work

The start a new game in forza 4 (making sure you do not overwrite your original) and then import your FM3 save and you should get the achievement,.

j9292
10-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Read mette's post 13 and my post 20 here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4584547&posted=1

You can still get the cheevo - On a separate save device eg if you use your hard drive at the moment then back them up to USB or something and then on your free save device load your Forza 3 save and buy the cars listed in mettes post. I bought the top 3 and bottom 3 and sorry I do not know which cars will work or won't work

The start a new game in forza 4 (making sure you do not overwrite your original) and then import your FM3 save and you should get the achievement,.

Thanks. So like use a flash drive move my forza 3 file on there take out my hard drive then then load my forza 4 new game from the usb? and Sorry for not reading the posts before.

SatNiteEduardo
10-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Thanks. So like use a flash drive move my forza 3 file on there take out my hard drive then then load my forza 4 new game from the usb? and Sorry for not reading the posts before.

Yeah just make sure that your FM4 save that you want to keep going with is backed up and probably back up your FM3 save as well.

The only issue is I do not know if DLC is required. So maybe copy both FM3 saves to USB and test that they work from there. Then buy the cars in FM3 in your HDD save (assuming you have the dlc). Then start a new FM4 saved game on hdd. Once you get the achievement delete your new FM4 save and restore your original.

JelDeRebel
10-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Do they still send out the Unicorn car? i've only heard about it today and sent my online preorder receipt

Crepsik
10-14-2011, 07:27 PM
For me it only listed Delorean and Mazda RX-7 Spirit R as unicorn cars when I transfered my profile. I had all cars that was transferable into FM4 in my garage besides 2 other unicorns

Jasmx
10-14-2011, 07:47 PM
So if I have the Mugan Civic Type R in Forza 3 then transfering the profile to Forza 4 will get me the achievement? is that right?

Reason I ask is that I submitted my pre-order receipt then did my cousins straight after, he's recieved his RX7 I've yet to receive anything :( hoping I can skip all that buy just getting one of the other Forza 4 unicorn cars

j9292
10-14-2011, 11:06 PM
I got on forza 3 yesterday and it said i had a new msg but when i checked nothing was there could have this been the unicorn car

j9292
10-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Edit: Sorry about the repost it wasn't showing that i posted

psychofox
10-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Sent the email yesterday, no message so far.

TwistedFate
10-15-2011, 03:54 AM
So if I have the Mugan Civic Type R in Forza 3 then transfering the profile to Forza 4 will get me the achievement? is that right?

No, that car is not a Unicorn.

The Unicorns are:
2006 Subaru Impreza S204

The 430 Scuderia and the Superleggera are considered Unicorns in FM4 so if you have those in your garage they will count as well when you do the profile transfer.

joebern28
10-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I actually got the achieve yesterday. Got home from work and since I hadn't put much time into F4 I deleted the save game only from the memory. I had extra Xbox credits in my account so I popped in F3 and downloaded the VIP DLC with the superleggra and scudria. Once downloaded I bought the superleggra only and added it to my garage. Put F4 back in an did the initial intro race then imported F3 profile and "bwoop" achieve popped and it added 3 cars from the pack to my garage. Great 800 credit buy, 3 new rides and another achieve without spending 500+ million.

VisitorQ
10-15-2011, 01:06 PM
I did get the 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A as a gift from Turn 10. Had it put in my FM3 garage. Booted up FM4 and imported the garage. It said I had a rare car being the 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A.
But I did not get an achievement. What is wrong with this :( I really hope that it would work since it's on the unicorn list for FM3. Please help.

Edit: I can see now that NO achievments are unlocking :|
Does forza 4 hate it when you play with your profile on a memory stick? I can't it to unlock anything.
Will attempt to recover gamertag as someone mentioned it may have been corrupted. Don't know how though.
So here's hoping the recovery process runs smoothly.. *folds hands*

Matt36
10-15-2011, 01:18 PM
I actually got the achieve yesterday. Got home from work and since I hadn't put much time into F4 I deleted the save game only from the memory. I had extra Xbox credits in my account so I popped in F3 and downloaded the VIP DLC with the superleggra and scudria. Once downloaded I bought the superleggra only and added it to my garage. Put F4 back in an did the initial intro race then imported F3 profile and "bwoop" achieve popped and it added 3 cars from the pack to my garage. Great 800 credit buy, 3 new rides and another achieve without spending 500+ million.

If this was FB, I would 'like' this :)