PDA

View Full Version : The beta is live..... Go and download

Vegaskingz
09-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Marketplace - battlefield 3 - Get trial.

Happy hunting folks! :D

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 10:05 AM
For those who are stuck at work (like me) and want to have it queued up for when they get home:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Battlefield-3-Beta/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245418975

acurate bob
09-29-2011, 10:06 AM
or load up the games screen in the marketplace and click the little button that reads Try Demo, to the bottom left of the cover image...

Burnout x360a
09-29-2011, 10:10 AM
For those who are stuck at work (like me) and want to have it queued up for when they get home:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Battlefield-3-Beta/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245418975

Ta mate! :p

Achiever TM
09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
thank you for letting me know..

DOWNLOADING...

:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:

Vegaskingz
09-29-2011, 10:14 AM
hopefully servers are working :) dont hold your breath tho.

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 10:41 AM
hopefully servers are working :) dont hold your breath tho.
I actually did have some time to download it before going to work just now, and it took a few attempts to actually get into a match.

Darthsoe
09-29-2011, 10:57 AM
70% downloaded.

syn201
09-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I want my bandwidth back..

judd90
09-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh shit I'm out guys :)

Takamura Bear
09-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Started downloading nearly an hour ago...12% complete. Hurry the fuck up download! -___-

Rza2002
09-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Started downloading nearly an hour ago...12% complete. Hurry the fuck up download! -___-

lol, just done 75% in like 5mins :)

Achiever TM
09-29-2011, 11:57 AM
WHAT?? it took me no more than 20 minutes to download it..

Explodius
09-29-2011, 11:59 AM
The beta is very very glitchy.

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Must be your connection, or bad timing. I downloaded it about 30 min. after it came out and downloaded the whole thing in like 10 min.

Vegaskingz
09-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Downloaded and played the beta (in game) for around 50 min or so. Phenomenal beta!! Took a while to get into servers but once we got in, wow. Very nice! yet to see bugs.
AKs 74u and M16A3 are my personal faves ;)

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 12:25 PM
AKs 74u and M16A3 are my personal faves ;)
Those are the only two guns I've gotten to use so far :p

Barad
09-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Gonna download it now!!

JuSt BLaZe
09-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Gonna download it now!!

Me too haha. Let's roll!

xKRAIZEEMANx
09-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Just finished downloading it....See you folks there!!!

Mother Beef
09-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Was with my girlfriend tonight, as much as i adore her and had a great time with her... i still at 10pm (sydney) was thinking 'BATTLEFIELD.BATTLEFIELD.BATTLE.FIELD"

Im only 1.5 hrs late... i have some catching up to do. Download complete in less than 10min. Thank you 30mbps.

GAME ON!

Mother Beef
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I keep getting a black screen :( what can i do? i dashboarded and it did the same thing the next time :/

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 01:53 PM
I keep getting a black screen :( what can i do? i dashboarded and it did the same thing the next time :/
I just had to keep trying it. I probably got the black screen 7 or 8 times before it actually put me in a match.

Mother Beef
09-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Got into a match, all seemed perfect, killed 2 people, 'Connection Lost to Server' just as the match was about to end :/

Now back to black screen. This is... interesting. Is it possible to release patches for demos? :S

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Got into a match, all seemed perfect, killed 2 people, 'Connection Lost to Server' just as the match was about to end :/

Now back to black screen. This is... interesting. Is it possible to release patches for demos? :S
That's weird. Once I got into a lobby, I stayed there for the remainder of the game and the next game, and even continued into the 3rd game before I had to quit.

It is possible to release a patch (because it's just a piece of software), but very unlikely that we'll see it happen for this. It's more than likely a server-side issue anyway, so releasing a patch to us for just that problem wouldn't do any good.

xKRAIZEEMANx
09-29-2011, 02:09 PM
I have played a few matches, lost connection to server a few times. But I keep getting into matches.

exo-apollo
09-29-2011, 02:14 PM

I was playing just now and I lost connection as well. Now everytime I try to get into a match it says 'connection with EA lost' or something along those lines. Everyone I was playing with is booted out now and are all in the menus, looks like they cant get back into matches either. So something must be happening....

QuiCkz Ninja
09-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Download start now....

Hoodavillan
09-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Gameplay is horrible. Switching back to MW3

Mother Beef
09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
After about 6 black screens got into a stable server. Played 3 rounds. Seems very good, sure screen tearing is fucked but i like the new feel. Im really having to adjust to extra recoil but not too bad. Game is amazing i love it, with all the issues fixed i expect it to be near perfect.

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Gameplay is horrible. Switching back to MW3
Uhhh... what? MW3 isn't even out yet. Good blanket statement of "gameplay is terrible", by the way. It's exactly what Battlefield should be, what were you expecting exactly?

Hoodavillan
09-29-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm switching my pre-order to Modern Warfare 3. This game is completely garbage. People are so amazed by graphics. Battlefield 3 is just a well polished Homefront.

Uhhh... what? MW3 isn't even out yet. Good blanket statement of "gameplay is terrible", by the way. It's exactly what Battlefield should be, what were you expecting exactly?

ofay
09-29-2011, 03:40 PM

Now if only I could have it stop trying to redirect to mobile after I click download!

That and turn my xbox on remotely, I'd be set

Kaiyo
09-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Ah yeah some Battlefield 3 beta action going on.
Battlefield is Battlefield... while CoD is CoD.

Suiken
09-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm switching my pre-order to Modern Warfare 3. This game is completely garbage. People are so amazed by graphics. Battlefield 3 is just a well polished Homefront.

You originally said the gameplay was bad, and haven't said why yet. Is it because you can't run around spraying everything in sight like in MW? :eek:

Burnout x360a
09-29-2011, 06:19 PM
People are so amazed by graphics. Battlefield 3 is just a well polished Homefront.

Lawl. How about actually giving a reason rather than spouting off.

Kaiyo
09-29-2011, 06:22 PM
People are so amazed by graphics. Battlefield 3 is just a well polished Homefront.

Still better looking and better played than MW3.

Vegaskingz
09-29-2011, 07:18 PM
guess someone got killed a little too much :P

What is everyones view on battlelog? It complements the game very well. Since im a stats man, I love it :)

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 07:33 PM
What is everyones view on battlelog? It complements the game very well. Since im a stats man, I love it :)
I like it, but there's a ton of things wrong with it, mostly graphical. It's just not a smooth experience, at least not on my crappy computer at work. It's too graphically intense to the point where it slows down the whole experience. If they could do the same exact site with less coding and less images/flash to load, it would be awesome.

I'm also hearing lots of complaints from the PC folks about usability for connecting to matches and interacting with friends.

Mother Beef
09-29-2011, 11:28 PM
My verdict-

Played from about 11:30-2am last night. It was good fun, getting into a match at the start did take about 10min. But i found that once i was in a stable server most of the glitches etc that people have been facing tended to disappear. Screen tearing turned to a mininum, noone was falling through maps etc etc.

As for gameplay wise i found it very very enjoyable. I love the change of assault to essentially a medic role, the guns feel so real how they actually bounce around from the recoil when you are firing them; unlike in every FPS where their excuse is that you are some Special Ops solider who is so good with guns recoil essentially doesnt exist.

I havent found any overpowered weapons as of yet which is good, but i guess its too early to tell. I dont understand everyones hate for Operation Metro, i find the map very intense especially in the 2nd lot of bases, i could understand PC gamers hating it with the extra players as it would be a bit of a clusterfuck. My team won as attackers many times with the exception that one time 50% of them were snipers. Oh and i LOVE how the chat is now not limited to squad, but i think there should be some pop-up to show who is talking.

MediumMelanin
09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Oh, yes, it was live at 6:00AM EST on Thursday, September 29th, 2011 for me, but not on the website. Kinda weird, but I can't believe I stayed up to download it, lol, I already had it on the PC.

Tussell
09-30-2011, 10:00 PM
So stoked! I'm at 58% right now. This is the first time I'm giving Battlefield a serious shot, as I'm completely sick of Call of Duty. Let's hope it's good!

MediumMelanin
09-30-2011, 10:05 PM
So stoked! I'm at 58% right now. This is the first time I'm giving Battlefield a serious shot, as I'm completely sick of Call of Duty. Let's hope it's good!

Oh, man, that's not good news, I fear you won't like the beta, because a lot of things have been taken out, turned off, or toned down. Like the graphics, explosions, and it's not CONQUEST!

Kaiyo
09-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Reason why almost all the people wanting to move to CoD: MW3 is they don't do the true teamwork thing or are haters or complaining about how they can't do cheap crap like dolphin diving and other bs.

porkfriedtar
09-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Reason why almost all the people wanting to move to CoD: MW3 is they don't do the true teamwork thing or are haters or complaining about how they can't do cheap crap like dolphin diving and other bs.

The reason I'm considering getting MW3 instead of this is because it's so easy to lie prone in a bush and spawn camp everyone. I am realizing now that I didn't want a Battlefield 3, I want a Bad Company 3. The changes to the damage model and prone are turning this game into a campers paradise. If you disagree let me play with you for a couple of rounds if we can get the party up feature to work, I'll top the leaderboard guaranteed.

To elaborate, in Bad Company it took skill to kill someone, you can't deny that. In this game everyone dies in two shots, that significantly decreases the skill required to kill someone and encourages camping.

I'm not a CoD fanboy, if anything I'm a BC2 fanboy.

Edit: and I'm not singling you out, this is just a general statement and I chose to quote you cause you're so damn adorable :)

Mother Beef
10-01-2011, 01:12 AM
The reason I'm considering getting MW3 instead of this is because it's so easy to lie prone in a bush and spawn camp everyone. I am realizing now that I didn't want a Battlefield 3, I want a Bad Company 3. The changes to the damage model and prone are turning this game into a campers paradise. If you disagree let me play with you for a couple of rounds if we can get the party up feature to work, I'll top the leaderboard guaranteed.

To elaborate, in Bad Company it took skill to kill someone, you can't deny that. In this game everyone dies in two shots, that significantly decreases the skill required to kill someone and encourages camping.

I'm not a CoD fanboy, if anything I'm a BC2 fanboy.

Edit: and I'm not singling you out, this is just a general statement and I chose to quote you cause you're so damn adorable :)

Though i could understand this, i dont see how you are seemingly getting spawn camped that much? I'm lvl 20 something and i have only pushed a team back into their spawn about 5 times. Which if you remember, is/was still very frequent in BC2. I too love that game.

This idea of more skill in BC2 can be argued to and against. More damage meant you could last longer and survive certain situations meaning it was actually easier. In BF3 you die faster thus if you can survive and kill a lot of people you clear possess a skill. I for one think that the skills from BC2 transcend into BF3, using cover effectively, setting up essentially little ambushes etc etc. If anything these tactics that are essential in BC2 are even more necessary in BF3; you just have to adapt.

porkfriedtar
10-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Though i could understand this, i dont see how you are seemingly getting spawn camped that much? I'm lvl 20 something and i have only pushed a team back into their spawn about 5 times. Which if you remember, is/was still very frequent in BC2. I too love that game.

This idea of more skill in BC2 can be argued to and against. More damage meant you could last longer and survive certain situations meaning it was actually easier. In BF3 you die faster thus if you can survive and kill a lot of people you clear possess a skill. I for one think that the skills from BC2 transcend into BF3, using cover effectively, setting up essentially little ambushes etc etc. If anything these tactics that are essential in BC2 are even more necessary in BF3; you just have to adapt.

You have valid points, but I'm not saying that I can't adapt. I'm saying that the adaptation and skill that you mention IS camping. I can't see this game becoming more than a huge camp-fest. In BC2 I could run around from cover to cover while taking damage to assault a group of enemies and take them out while taking fire directly from them. In this game I have found it much easier to just lay prone in an area where I know enemies will move by (like the entrances to the subway) and just wait and then kill. The other team will be helpless until they figure out where I am and at that point I just move to a new spot to camp.

My issue is, if I'm playing like this coming from BC2, what's going to stop everyone else from playing the same way? Yeah I'm playing like a huge douchebag, but it gets kills and if people are playing to win, they'll play the same exact way.

Mother Beef
10-01-2011, 01:25 AM
You have valid points, but I'm not saying that I can't adapt. I'm saying that the adaptation and skill that you mention IS camping. I can't see this game becoming more than a huge camp-fest. In BC2 I could run around from cover to cover while taking damage to assault a group of enemies and take them out while taking fire directly from them. In this game I have found it much easier to just lay prone in an area where I know enemies will move by (like the entrances to the subway) and just wait and then kill. The other team will be helpless until they figure out where I am and at that point I just move to a new spot to camp.

My issue is, if I'm playing like this coming from BC2, what's going to stop everyone else from playing the same way? Yeah I'm playing like a huge douchebag, but it gets kills and if people are playing to win, they'll play the same exact way.

True, i guess it might have a lot to do to the fact that this level seems really linear. Its all about running forward and there are massive lines of sights where people can simply camp up and eradicate people. Unlike say... Oasis or one of those maps where its big and there is multiple ways to get to the objective.

Hopefully other maps seem more like the 'old' battlefield style. After watching about 45min of Caspian gameplay I've got a feeling that Operation Metro is simply an exception with close quarters etc etc.

porkfriedtar
10-01-2011, 01:28 AM
True, i guess it might have a lot to do to the fact that this level seems really linear. Its all about running forward and there are massive lines of sights where people can simply camp up and eradicate people. Unlike say... Oasis or one of those maps where its big and there is multiple ways to get to the objective.

Hopefully other maps seem more like the 'old' battlefield style. After watching about 45min of Caspian gameplay I've got a feeling that Operation Metro is simply an exception with close quarters etc etc.

Yea, I'm sure the other maps will be set up better to try and reduce camping, I'm interested to see how they're scaled down for 12 on 12 play.

Honestly, Dice cared more about PC gamers than us on the consoles as far as this game goes. From what I've seen, they're getting the better end of things.

Mother Beef
10-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Yea, I'm sure the other maps will be set up better to try and reduce camping, I'm interested to see how they're scaled down for 12 on 12 play.

Honestly, Dice cared more about PC gamers than us on the consoles as far as this game goes. From what I've seen, they're getting the better end of things.

I expect Caspian to be the same size as Harvest Day Conquest from BF3, but the flags more spread out, as if you remember the map was much bigger than what was used on Harvest Day.

PC gamers will always get the better deal. PC's are more powerful, easier to produce content for (as all content in designed on the same system) and they dont need to go through any checking from Sony/Microsoft before changing anything. The Caspian Border map/servers werent meant to be so popular but people keep releasing the passwords hahaha