Is it me or does Insane feel impossible?

Tee

I breezed through Gears 1 + 2 on Insane but Gears 3 I get absolutely destroyed.

Boltoks have killed me in one shot. Getting sniped in the body kills me. Most explosions annihilate me. Staying out of cover for more than 2 seconds is suicide.

I understand I can play with teammates who are on Casual or Normal to make things a lot easier but that takes the fun out of it for me.

I've beaten games like MW 1+2 which are known for their insane difficulty, but at least the enemies die with the same amount of bullets on every difficulty in those.

This just feels impossible to me...

I don't wanna be "that guy", but I didn't find GoW3 any more difficult than 1 and 2 up to reaching the final boss.

Just be patient and when you're getting shot up get behind cover, reload, take a deep breath and carry on.

If you've done 1 and 2 on insane you can do 3.

I soloed the hardcore difficulty of all 3 gears and found 1 to be the hardest and 3 the easiest. I co-oped insane of each game and found 2 and 3 to be about even with each other, and 1 being easier.

Kind of a subjective matter, though. A lot depends on your skill or the skill of your partners. Some depends on pure luck...

There are a few parts of the game where I found finding cover was a challenge. Act 1 Chapter 6 (I think) as you drop off the slip wire, and Act 2 Chapter 5 immediately before you board the barge - both had me struggling for ages. Like some of the others here, I'm experienced at beating the higher difficulties on solo... just not so slowly!!!

I dunno if this is gonna have spoilers to some so read at your own discretion....

I thought hardcore was way too easy I beat it in one day, two sittings solo (would have been one but I went to the bar for a while).

So far insane hasn't been so bad. I'm at the end of Act 3 right now, missing one chapter of ACT 1 . Some problem parts...the leviathan seems impossible to me solo (get him to the 3rd "form" then he destroys the ship almost instantly before they can drop the ticks on him, if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it EDIT - never mind figured out what I was doing wrong here - ...my friend keeps telling me he will help but I really want to do this myself, then maybe try some co-op), the tower where u have to grab the barge seemed really cheap to me but I did it, and these lambent humans have been way more difficult than I expected.

Other than that I haven't had any major problems. With the gunkers I just hid and let the AI do everything. I found that with every gunker fight there's a spot you can hide and the 3 of them seem to kill it pretty quick. Momma corpser I was really worried about but got her first try. Lambent berserker took me a few tries after she changed form but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. That last battle might beat me...that was a bitch on hardcore.

Edited by Illicit

Gears 3 insane is a cakewalk. Spend a lil' time unlocking instagib melee, super reload and infinite ammo. Then get 3 buddies and play it on arcade with said mutators. We did it in a day. You'll only have trouble with the lambent zerker and the final boss, but it's definately doable.

Edited by xI WARFARE

Gears 3 insane is a cakewalk. Spend a lil' time unlocking instagib melee, super reload and infinite ammo. Then get 3 buddies and play it on arcade with said mutators. We did it in a day. You;ll only have trouble with the lembent zerker and the final boss, but it's definately doable.

This.

If you want to do it legit, fine by me. Have fun being stuck forever until you have someone help you in co-op. They designed it to be done in co-op I am almost certain.

Spoilers

Gears 3 is a pain on Insane. 1st 2 were a piece of cake solo. Sad thing is the hard parts like the Zerker battle was a push over. I am stuck on chapter 3-5 (I think it is) The very end where you are on the roof where you have to hold out. I keep getting killed by the former or the Lambents. I can't seem to get a strategy that actually works. I have tried over 10 times and can't survive.

I thought 3 was harder then the other two... if only because about 3/4 of the enemys have a way to insta-kill you, outside of the barge jack, first armored kantis fight, and the final boss, you just need to take your time. If your playing solo, without mutators let your team help you they can't die.

I've had an easier time playing solo Insane than on 4 player arcade Insane.. does difficulty ramp up slightly with more players?

The difficulty scales but only once. 2 player co-op the enemies are on the same scalling as 1 player. As soon as you add in the 3rd player it scales to the 4 player difficulty scaling.

I've just finished the game with 3 mates. We played hardcore and have to say it was straight forward except the lambent Bezerker which was a total pain and the final boss. The final boss was such a nightmare we dropped down to normal just to get the game done.

Problem I found was that there was always one of us that seemed to think they were Rambo and run off on there own and we would always struggle to pick them up.

After finishing the game I re loaded the last chapter on arcade mode in hardcore and breezed through it as the AI were superb, they did loads of damage to the boss, kept all the locust away from me and picked me up straight away when I was downed (which only happened twice).

Think I'm gonna do an insane run on my own on arcade as I find the AI are better than real people.

Wow, I really should have clarified what I meant by playing on Insane...

What I was referring to was legitimately beating the game on Insane. More specifically I am referring to if you were to play this game in NON-Arcade mode, and all players were on the Insane difficulty, it feels impossible. Just about everything kills you instantly.

Arcade mode gives you infinite respawns so if you did it like that, then are claiming "it was easy", I'm sorry but you're not special.

Also lol @ the guy who said he solo'd Insane, there's no way I believe that unless it was in Arcade mode I guess.

I have to say, until the final boss fight, I found insane to not be that bad actually. Four player co-op and make sure one guy stays back a bit for respawns (I found the whole dieing instead of going DBNO to actually make things easier, don't have to worry about reviving someone before they bleed out and make you go back to a previous checkpoint). Now, when you get the final battle in the last chapter, then it becomes impossible. So many things you have to try and deal with at once, and if you focus your attention on dealing with one, the other gets you killed. (split your attention between the two, and that gets you killed too) Couldn't get that done without infinite ammo and super reload.

Edit: "Arcade mode gives you infinite respawns"

Wait, you mean to say that you can't respawn on insane on non-arcade campaign? Ouch, that changes everything. Nevermind, I suppose that likely IS damn near impossible.

Edited by The Elite Elite

Edit: "Arcade mode gives you infinite respawns"

Wait, you mean to say that you can't respawn on insane on non-arcade campaign? Ouch, that changes everything. Nevermind, I suppose that likely IS damn near impossible.

Yeah dude that's exactly what I'm saying that nobody else in this thread seems to be understanding. In non-arcade mode, if any of the 4 players on Insane get killed, Game Over, reload last checkpoint. And EVERYTHING kills you.

I'm sure with mutators and respawns it's a breeze but it feels almost impossible outside of Arcade mode.

Have you tried Arcade mode where even though you die instead of going down if one person lives you can respawn PLUS you can turn on some pretty epic bs mutators? Makes the game a HELL of alot easier. Mind you fighting the Tempest beatle is still horrid no matter how you go about it because of how awkward it is to stay in cover from the enemies and the laser.

Also lol @ the guy who said he solo'd Insane, there's no way I believe that unless it was in Arcade mode I guess.

Are you "loling" at me? There are too many people these days looking for the easy and cheap way get tough achievements done and sadly Epic gave the tools to do this.

However, I am not one of these people and I never take the easy option. I've been playing videogames a long time and I remember when all games were tough.

I'm far from being a pro gamer, but I do have the skill to beat most games on the toughest difficulty. Maybe we should be "loling" at you because you can't do it! =(