PDA

View Full Version : GAME UK Pre-Orders

budden11
09-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi all,

Like many of us from the UK waiting for pre-orders from the recently inconsistent GAME, I pre-ordered mine 3 weeks ago and order the Ultimate Edition, I got the email on Monday saying it had dispatched but nothing had turned up today, so looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow or hopefully Saturday or panic stations if not.

How many that pre-ordered from GAME got thiers today?

Ever since the website updated, none of my pre-orders have arrived a day before release, but before the update it was always early.

Strange?

turf90
09-29-2011, 06:59 PM
i pre ordered mine from gamestation and it was dispatched monday and will be mine tomorrow

Stevilinho
09-29-2011, 08:18 PM
dont know how true this is, but someone said that game had told royal mail to hold off delivering them until friday which to me is very strange console exlcusives from the games company(eg gears of war 3 from microsoft or halo from microsoft) to hold them off or face not having there next game they wouldnt risk it but fifa is a different story and i cant understand this whatsoever

dontgoeasyonme
09-30-2011, 12:43 AM
dont know how true this is, but someone said that game had told royal mail to hold off delivering them until friday which to me is very strange console exlcusives from the games company(eg gears of war 3 from microsoft or halo from microsoft) to hold them off or face not having there next game they wouldnt risk it but fifa is a different story and i cant understand this whatsoever

It's true and it's called a 'street date' that they are instructed to abide by :(

Abdul88Haseeb
09-30-2011, 02:35 AM
I pre-ordered My Fifa 12 Special Edition from Tesco at the start of september and recieved it on Thursday. Same thing happened last year with Fifa 11 from Play.Com, recieved it on Thursday.

So their goes the "street date" rule out the window. I'm not complaining though, I'm happy I got the game early

Man of Kent
09-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi all,

Like many of us from the UK waiting for pre-orders from the recently inconsistent GAME, I pre-ordered mine 3 weeks ago and order the Ultimate Edition, I got the email on Monday saying it had dispatched but nothing had turned up today, so looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow or hopefully Saturday or panic stations if not.

How many that pre-ordered from GAME got thiers today?

Ever since the website updated, none of my pre-orders have arrived a day before release, but before the update it was always early.

Strange?

In exactly the same position. Hopefully it'll arrive today or will be seriosuly unimpressed.

romanzad
09-30-2011, 08:18 AM
I pre-ordered My Fifa 12 Special Edition from Tesco at the start of september and recieved it on Thursday. Same thing happened last year with Fifa 11 from Play.Com, recieved it on Thursday.

So their goes the "street date" rule out the window. I'm not complaining though, I'm happy I got the game early

The street date isn't necessarily a rule its just an agreement with ea and Game to not sell it early, but due to high demand Game send out copies early to cope with the mass of orders it gets, therefore some get despatched monday but get held until nearer the date, otherwise people would be getting it tuesday/wednesday lol!

Depends on your postal service in your area as well, As when I pre-order from Game it tends to come early where as a friend always seems to take an extra day to get to him!

fallout frank
09-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Should have gone to Games midnight release, 3x reward points, 400 ms points for free and to top it all of chocolates while you waited :woop: certainly worth a walk round the corner, I never understood why people order them offline then complain because it doesn't come early or comes late, is it really that difficult to go to the shop and get it.

Danger Badgers
09-30-2011, 03:50 PM
I ordered from ShopTo this year & it arrived yesterday morning.

They do this with all new releases allegedly

romanzad
09-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I ordered from ShopTo this year & it arrived yesterday morning.

They do this with all new releases allegedly

out of 30+ pre-orders i have always received them at least 1 day early, half probably 2 days early (less popular releases however)

Sniper Riflez
09-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Should have gone to Games midnight release, 3x reward points, 400 ms points for free and to top it all of chocolates while you waited :woop: certainly worth a walk round the corner, I never understood why people order them offline then complain because it doesn't come early or comes late, is it really that difficult to go to the shop and get it.
some of have jobs to go to in the morning....

SniperCurtains
09-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Tesco Direct FTW! 32.86 and it came yesterday ^.^

gazmaster1
09-30-2011, 08:28 PM

I went to the midnight release for Gears 3 and that will be the last. They messed up with the free points and crashed the systems. 2 hours to be served and I was number 20. They also had trouble taking payment from cards and trade in's. As for Fifa i wasnt going to pay way over the odds for the ultimate edition when I got the special edition for 35 online and 3 pairs of dkny boxer shorts which i promptly sold on ebay. Game are now my last port of call for games which has been coming for a while but the debacle on launch night of gears was the last straw.

budden11
09-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Argh, Fifa 12 releases on Friday 30th September, today is Friday 30th September, pre-ordered 3 weeks ago, dispatch email on Monday, and what a surprise no game through my mail box today, totally sucks.

Although it's the first time it has happened to me with pre-orders I just hate the fact the game is out and my pre-order is not in my game console.

1 more chance GAME, just 1 more.

Howie B 00
09-30-2011, 09:18 PM
I normally pre-order from Game, but always let down on the end result? so this year pre-ordered@ Sainsburys, but decided last week to use Shopto.net and mine came yesterday - woop woop.. (glad I did after the poor offer @ sainsburys)

Maynard EFC93
09-30-2011, 09:43 PM
I normally pre-order from Game, but always let down on the end result? so this year pre-ordered@ Sainsburys, but decided last week to use Shopto.net and mine came yesterday - woop woop.. (glad I did after the poor offer @ sainsburys)

Spent 30 on Beer in Sainsburys and got my fifa for under 30 quid... Whats not to like? :D

Howie B 00
09-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Spent 30 on Beer in Sainsburys and got my fifa for under 30 quid... Whats not to like? :D

already had my beer lol ;):woop:

Matt36
10-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition, a while ago for 5 in-store. They didn't give me the 5 off though! So going back on Monday and having words...

Paid 9.99 in total really (Had 72 on a gift card). Traded in Driver for 35 (20% extra for trading towards FIFA).

They then tried to sell me Driver for 20...muppets