PDA

View Full Version : Best team tactical gameplay in years!

Stormy2k
09-29-2011, 06:53 PM
This is the first time I have really gotten into a game and felt like I am there and in a war.

In a squad with my mate, we were assaulting the M-COM stations up the escalators in Metro and we were shouting out positions and covering each other as we moved up and then covered corners and worked our way around taking out the enemy.

Unlike COD where I run around, here I play smart and really play as if it was real. With K/Ds meaning nothing in BF3, its not about camping for streaks or who has the biggest score, its about team work and not doing it for your own personal glory and ego.

Say what you want about the graphics (which I think are a bit poor) but the gameplay alone warrents a purchase of this game. It makes you work as a unit and the tense firefights does make it a one of a kind experience.

Hey, I love COD as well as Battlefield, but you can't get the rush and real experience of assauting a position with your mates under genuine explosion and gun fire sounds with realistic movements.

The team work and tactical nature of this game gives me high hopes and feels much better than the Bad Company series.

It takes me back to the days of SWAT 4 and Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Tatanko
09-29-2011, 06:59 PM
On the same note, in the short time I got to play the game this morning before work, I saw a lot more tactical cooperation between myself and total strangers. I wasn't wearing a mic, but I was in a squad with 2 other random people. Seemingly without direct communication of any kind, we cooperated in a way that I've never seen on previous Battlefield games. Maybe I just got lucky and ended up playing with the right people, but it certainly felt different than previous games.

I totally agree with the Rainbow Six Vegas comment.

GoodTimes l Nik
09-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Lol there is something wrong with you if you ever thought that COD compared to the BF series tactically.

Suiken
09-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Great to see a Call of Duty fan appreciate this game for what it is!

Stormy2k
09-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Lol there is something wrong with you if you ever thought that COD compared to the BF series tactically.No, im stating about how worlds apart they are tactically.

BF3 - Get your mates on for a long last night session with games averaging 25 minutes a side with tactical gameplay.

COD - Get on with mates for a quick drop in and out blast, but when it comes to objective games, aside from SnD, they don't get you going like a BF game does for objective modes.

MediumMelanin
09-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Oh, for once, I see a good response! Out of the 100 I see, that are negative! Glad to read that you're having a blast, and this is just a taste of the awesomeness to come. Wait until Conquest comes out! NOW YOU'RE TALKING!

xX Rom Xx
09-30-2011, 09:21 AM
I've been impressed too. Coming from
PC, where I games mostly with friends always on Teamspeak. I found Xbox a bit lonely :)
People rarely use mics, and when they do it's often idiots who need muting etc.

I've played a lot of Cod over the years, and it's always the same. Rarely will you play with people who work together. It's mostly a team of lone wolfs. And even on objective games, half the team are just kd whores who aren't there for anything but easy kills.

Ive had more games on this Beta with decent team mates than I have on Black Ops since it came out! Even without mics, there seems to be a lot more teamwork. Maybe that's just because the cod kiddies aren't playing!
I had a run last night of really good games, with the same squad, offends or defense we shut them down well, got Ace squad ribbons etc.

I hope to have some awesome games with friends, people from here etc once it's released.

exo-apollo
09-30-2011, 09:24 AM
I am having a very good time with the beta now that there is no more real lag issues (for me at least). Once you do get into the subway station part- assualting up those escalators there were some brilliant moments. Just gotta get into conquest!!

Mother Beef
09-30-2011, 11:11 AM
I completely agree with this post!

Last night i ended up with an amazing team, about 5 of us had mics and were co-operating in ways i too hadnt seen even in battlefield. We called out positions and discussed what we needed on our team (more medics, more support) it was blood-pumping.

I have very much enjoyed the beta, aside from the black screen when attempting to join a server, i havent really had any of the bugs that people are experiencing. Sure occasionally when i prone i can semi clip through the ground, the screen minorly tears and the killcam fucks up a bit. But nothing that is truly as 'game-breaking' as people are making it out to be.

ConfederateSuga
09-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Pfft. If you want teamwork, go play WoW.

TAI JASON
09-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Thats why i love this game, there´s no better team shooter then BF! Good friends, chat party, huuuraaaah :woop:

xKRAIZEEMANx
09-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Agreed....