PDA

View Full Version : Completed game on normal and Seperate Ways...

Tommy Gun 81
09-29-2011, 08:34 PM
...in about 18 hours. Going for the Pro difficulty now with the armor suite for Ashley :D

Just wanted to know what you guys think are the most difficult parts in the pro run? Should i change my setup for the pro run or stay with the same things?

I know you start over with just the gun etc. but i would prefer to buy the same things again because i really liked my setup.

Blacktail, Striker and semi-auto rifle all exclusive. Just bought the Butterfly right before the final boss fight.

Did you guys do the better run than fight method or fight every fight for more loot?

Any experience would be appreciated! Thx

THX 1138 4EB
09-29-2011, 09:05 PM
BTW, there's a free Broken Butterfly in the castle. You need to piggyback Ashley to an upper window so she can unlock the door. The room is on the outer wall just before the hedge maze area.

JuSt BLaZe
09-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Blacktail, Striker and semi-auto rifle all exclusive.

That was exactly my way and that's also the way you should stay/go.

Never mind any Magnum, save the Pesetas for a few more Rocket Launchers for this and that boss and you're good to go.

myjillvalentine
09-29-2011, 10:38 PM
In 5-3 try to kill "IT" with a rocket launcher, he will survive the blast but putting a shotgun shell into him finishes him off pretty easy.

You can defeat Krauser with the knife, and if you use the "Ditman" glitch he dies twice as fast meaning you can go the whole fight without wasting a round.

What I found to be helpful and helped me finish Pro with a LOT of my starting herb mixes from the first chapter is only heal when in the yellow, if you get into the Red hit 'back' and reload the checkpoint, this saves wasting your healing items only to get damaged again soon after.

I personally found 5-4 to be the hardest, even with hundreds of rounds and shells from the Krauser Knife tactic I had to be careful, I ended up getting to Saddler with barely any ammo but a nice amount of healing items, I had my Broken Butterfly I got for free as Just Blaze mentioned fully upgraded at this point; I sold every gun except that and I surprised myself; I brought the Mine Thrower.
I upgraded the capacity and damage and went to Saddler.

One shot to his chest with the Thrower downs him and one to the eye hurts him more.
It took me four shots to the chest (Each one downing) and four with the thrower to his eye, this brought him close to defeat; I finished him by shooting the starting barrel then blasting a Butterfly round into his eye, ran for the Rocket Launcher the 'Woman in the Red Dress' dropped for me and finished him off.

The only parts I got pinned down was with the Iron Maiden's first appearance and the two JJ's in 5-4.
I hope i help you in some way. ^^

i got squeezed
09-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Well so far the hardest part for me was the "Water Room" mainly because I had no ammo and health items. So make sure you have enough ammo start out in chapter 3-1(Castle) and after you defeat the prison mini boss(forgot his name) you'll enter that room. Just use Ashley as bait since you have the Knight Armor

JuSt BLaZe
09-30-2011, 04:20 AM
In 5-3 try to kill "IT" with a rocket launcher, he will survive the blast but putting a shotgun shell into him finishes him off pretty easy.

Or simply KNIFE IT 1x after the Rocket Launcher, job done. I also found out it's called U-3 as the U-8 in RE5. ;)

What I found to be helpful and helped me finish Pro with a LOT of my starting herb mixes from the first chapter is only heal when in the yellow, if you get into the Red hit 'back' and reload the checkpoint, this saves wasting your healing items only to get damaged again soon after.

Good point, never thought about that haha.

Tommy Gun 81
09-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks so far guys, how long did u play for the Pro walkthrough? It took me about 14 1/2 hours for the normal run through. Is it better to have more than one save slot in certain game parts to maybe try different tactics?

JuSt BLaZe
09-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks so far guys, how long did u play for the Pro walkthrough? It took me about 14 1/2 hours for the normal run through. Is it better to have more than one save slot in certain game parts to maybe try different tactics?

Anytime. :)

Yeah it's defintely a good thing to have more than one save slot/file, so in case something goes wrong just reload the old one. But don't get confused with all your files haha.

Here are my end-stats for my PRO run, I always write them down to compare it with my friends:

Hit Ratio: 74%
Enemies killed: 792
Times killed: 33 :biglaugh
Clear Time: 09:12'22''

myjillvalentine
09-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Mine was just shy of thirteen hours, with twenty or so deaths about 65% hit ratio and six hundred plus kills.

Good luck with it and pat yourself on the back when it's done because it's no easy feat.

And to the poster who mentioned it not exactly being a step up from five, I wasn't using it in present tense; merely saying that compared to RE5 pro I found this to be harder. ^^

Tommy Gun 81
10-01-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm in chap 3-1 and saved after dying once in the "water room". This part will be tough. I'm always on the brink of having no heal items and low ammo...but so far so good :D

Wow, i just beat the "water room", the sewers and the gallery, this stuff was annoying. Had to upgrade my pumpguns firepower thrice to beat the sewers section.

Getting onwards slowly but steady!

Tommy Gun 81
10-02-2011, 06:27 AM
BTW, how is the "Ditman" glitch working?

Well, just found a video, to be honest i will try it legit first...its a close combat so far through every chapter and i hope to get it going until Krauser like this...

JuSt BLaZe
10-02-2011, 09:57 AM
BTW, how is the "Ditman" glitch working?

Well, just found a video, to be honest i will try it legit first...its a close combat so far through every chapter and i hope to get it going until Krauser like this...

Be careful though, it gets reset by many ways. Enemies hit you, going from one area to another, switching to another weapon etc.

By the time you do the Ditman and trying to avoid the resets you already could have advanced further in the same time by playing without it.

Tommy Gun 81
10-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Just finished the first encounter with Krauser, saved right before "IT"...i just bought the rocket launcher for the fight. I hope i can down it quickly with it as you guys stated out.

Now i don't want to use this Ditman glitch, any advices for the fight with Krauser? I have the Magnum, Striker, Semi, Blacktail...can i just knife him in this huge battle or can i just knife him at the end where he transforms into the strongarm monster?

Tommy Gun 81
10-04-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm through, i beat the pro mode in about 12 1/2 hours, killed 877 enemies and hit like 79%! 1000GS and done :D

Raymayne
10-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Red9 is way way way better than the Blacktail, especially if you get the exclusive so I would definitely recommend that. Striker and Auto are fine. It's not really that difficult, I just ran through a lot of the more heavily-populated areas.

JuSt BLaZe
10-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm through, i beat the pro mode in about 12 1/2 hours, killed 877 enemies and hit like 79%! 1000GS and done :D

Congratz and nice stats! ;)

Red9 is way way way better than the Blacktail, especially if you get the exclusive so I would definitely recommend that.

As for FIREPOWER yes but not when it comes to HANDLING, AMMO CAPACITY & LESS USE OF INVENTORY SPACE. Three against one!

Laajm
10-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Congratz and nice stats! ;)

As for FIREPOWER yes but not when it comes to HANDLING, AMMO CAPACITY & LESS USE OF INVENTORY SPACE. Three against one!
Still, firepower is by far the most inportant one. Upgrade it to the highest level and it almost makes the same amount of damage as the shotgun. To only need to use one bullet instead of 3-4 is extremely helpful, and the reason why Red 9 is the best handgun.