PDA

View Full Version : Riding Bikes achievement guide

ruffleader
09-29-2011, 09:59 PM
If anyone is having trouble getting this achievement then here is my tip that I have used in all the previous Fifa games, in the arena, to score overhead kicks and it worked in the game for me and I now have the achievement but you have to edit some settings.

The easiest way to get it in this game is to be clear of the defence as otherwise you will not get a second in order to do what is required and by clear of the defence, I mean a good quarter of the pitch or more between you both.

Set up

As you start I suggest choosing a team with a gifted striker. I chose Man Utd as Rooney is one of the best in the game and we know his character will have the overhead kick as one of his traits due to his goal in real life. To help you can also pick a half star Irish team so that in general their pace is not a threat.

Before or as you are in a game, go into the settings menu and change the “User Game Configuration” the “CPU Game Configuration” – both at the last two pages in the “Game Settings” window.

In the user settings, increase your “Sprint Speed” and “Acceleration” to the max as well as your “Shot Speed”. Decrease your “Shot Error” slider to zero so you are now hitting only perfect shots at blistering speeds.

In the CPU settings set their “Sprint Speed” and “Acceleration” to zero. Also scroll down to find the “Goalkeeper Ability” slider and slide that to zero also.

Now enter the game.

In Game

My tip on how to do this best starts off with giving the opposition a corner kick. As they swing in the corner, clear it out to your striker who, due to the custom settings, can run past them and leave them at the middle of the pitch as you approach the goal.

As you approach the goal, turn your back to the goalkeeper and make sure that you are close enough without him charging you. I scored mine from a few yards outside of the box.

As you turn your back to the goalkeeper you will need to quickly start to juggle the ball by holding LT and tapping RB constantly. As you start to juggle the ball, move the left analogue stick in the direction your player is facing (towards the centre circle) which will result in you flicking the ball straight up in the air.

As the ball goes up in the air, press shoot and the left analogue stick in the direction of the goal which will result in your player performing a bicycle kick. If this does not work, try again. I tried it three times, each of these times I performed a bicycle kick but it wasn’t till the third attempt that I managed to score (first went over and the second the keeper saved).

This should net you a nice 50G. Only takes minutes to do.

You do need that gap between yourself and the defenders because as slow as they now are with the change in settings, by the time you stop, turn your back to goal and start to juggle, they have made up some considerable ground on you and you need to act fast.

Hope this helps.

DevilDawg67
09-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Thank you!!!

KyKy
09-30-2011, 03:50 AM
Good post, cheers dude.

romanzad
09-30-2011, 08:21 AM
going to try this now thanks for the tips dude

chelseaman99
09-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks for this, will try it out soon :)

Grey Delta
09-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I would love to give out about the use of Irish teams in your strategy, but they really are that shit :( surprised Shamrock Rovers got a goal against Tottenham last night at all.

I'll try this when my copy comes.

romanzad
09-30-2011, 10:03 AM
this works a treat, does take a few efforts though and you only get a couple of chances before the defenders get in the way lol

ruffleader
09-30-2011, 11:18 AM
this works a treat, does take a few efforts though and you only get a couple of chances before the defenders get in the way lol

Yeah that is the only problem but the sprint helps to make it to some degree a little easier. You could go the full way and try control both teams, change their formation so everyone is up front and it is just you and the goalkeeper at any given time but this is just the quickest way to get it without living in hope that on the rare occasion you do actually perform the overhead kick properly.

Glad it did work for you and hopefully will for others also.

turf90
09-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks man that got me 2 for 65G it's amazing

PsychoSocial
09-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I must be doing it wrong cause all hes doing is vollys

AgEnT STARZz
10-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I got this while playing a freindly against city and guess who scored!?! Roooneyyyy!! Wasn't even going for the achievement!!

Matt36
10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Class mate, thanks.

Genetix
10-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Cheers for this. Took me a couple of attempts but I got there in the end.

demonizer_andy
10-11-2011, 03:09 PM
iv tried n tried n they still seem to be at my heels with the settings turned down

FreeFool
10-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I was having trouble with the juggling technique too, i opted for the 'get to the byline and a dinked cross to the penalty spot' route. Basically get your wide midfielder to get to the intersection of the penalty area and byline, double tap cross and aim the ball back toward the penalty spot area, you may wish to time this with your forwards moving just past that spot, use LT and shoot, hopefully they will turn to do an overhead. With the user and CPU sliders modified as mentioned above you should have this fairly quickly.

As it happens i managed to get this legit a few games later in Ultimate Team; http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/97074055

Silicon Iceman
10-25-2013, 03:16 AM
@ruffleader;

Thanks, man! I was killing myself trying to get this, but your post made it really clear and helped me finally get it.