PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking the "Kitchen Sink" game style

Bobo
09-29-2011, 10:10 PM
This requires you to unlock all 5 character sets... Alien, Cyborg, Dino, Professor, and Wormstein,and also purchase everything from the shop.

Alien unlocks automatically at start of the game (confirmed)

Cyborg unlocks *unknown*? (somewhere along beating the story missions?*need confirmation*)

Dino unlocks by beating all non-deathmatch challenge times *confirmed*

Professor unlocks by completing all 25 story missions *confirmed*

Wormstein unlocks by beating all deathmatch challenge best times *confirmed*

either way i unlocked all character sets by completing the 25 "Story Mode" missions and beating all of the times on all of the challenges... you DO NOT need to get the time bonuses on the 25 story missions... just beat the Team17 times on the weapon challenges and all 10 of the deathmatch challenges. After completing the above tasks and purchasing all 5 characters from the item shop, *as well as every other item in the store* , the kitchen sink style appears in the shop for free.

You need to finish the tutorials and also buy everything from the shop apparently... playing the tutorials unlocked a few more items in the store

Hawaiian
09-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Oh no, these challenge times are pretty difficult to beat... http://www.djod.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/08.jpg
But thanks for the info. I think the requirements for Cyborg are different since these achievements/trophies aren't included in the game. Perhaps you have to unlock all the other regular achievements?

Bobo
09-30-2011, 08:51 AM
sorry... i didnt mean trophies as in ps3 trophies... the pc game just had trophies for accomplishing all those listed feats,just as an in-game reward system, and there was a trophy room on the main menu if i remember right, so maybe ur right about the cyborg unlocking different

Hawaiian
09-30-2011, 10:27 AM
And I don't know if this is intentional or a bug but I was able to purchase the Alien character right from the start at the item shop.

Bobo
09-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Now that I look... you're right! I already have it too and didn't realize. Finishing up the deathmatch challenges now and that should be the last character then... will update

edit:edited the first post now that i unlocked this achievement and can confirm

Adriano08
10-01-2011, 03:33 PM
either way i unlocked all character sets by completing the 25 "Story Mode" missions and beating all of the times on all of the challenges... you DO NOT need to get the time bonuses on the 25 story missions... just beat the Team17 times on the weapon challenges and all 10 of the deathmatch challenges. After completing the above tasks and purchasing all 5 characters from the item shop, the kitchen sink style appears in the shop for free.

So i have done the challenges got all the times and have completed the 25 story missions and bought the 5 characters but the kitchen sink game style is not in the shop!

Have u by any chance got all fastest times in the story mode too? just to be sure.

Bobo
10-01-2011, 03:54 PM
not at all... i didn't even get half of the story bonus times... maybe you need to find all of the easter eggs also... and in case some didn't realize, it only shows 1 deathmatch challenge until you beat it and then the next appears... 10 deathmatch challenges in total

Adriano08
10-01-2011, 06:04 PM
not at all... i didn't even get half of the story bonus times... maybe you need to find all of the easter eggs also... and in case some didn't realize, it only shows 1 deathmatch challenge until you beat it and then the next appears... 10 deathmatch challenges in total

yea i have the easter eggs and i even went and got all the bonus times in the story mode, i have the 10 TDM challenges done it must be a glitch and its very annoying i must say

wolvieware
10-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Hmm, I probably won't get this then - I don't think I can beat the challenge times. :(

Myrmidont
10-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Hey, as long as we're talking about buying things from the Shop, will you potentially be left with credits left over when everything is bought? As far as I can tell the last things I need are the Kitchen Sink and Wormenstein items (aside from the Alien Breed items, and those are free from owning one of those games), and i've got 650 credits currently.

Adriano08
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Hmm, I probably won't get this then - I don't think I can beat the challenge times. :(

The challenge times aren't that bad some you can do first time but you will need to play some more than once to get a plan goin.

Hey, as long as we're talking about buying things from the Shop, will you potentially be left with credits left over when everything is bought? As far as I can tell the last things I need are the Kitchen Sink and Wormenstein items (aside from the Alien Breed items, and those are free from owning one of those games), and i've got 650 credits currently.

Yeah you will be left with credits but i bet DLC is never far away, more stuff in the shop and what not.

Bobo
10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
updated the first post and achievement guide with some new info for people still struggling to unlock this

Scrubber
10-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Challenges are too hard and frustrating especially seeing as the game takes a decade to reload so restarting and practising isn't an option.

Adriano08
10-04-2011, 02:50 PM
updated the first post and achievement guide with some new info for people still struggling to unlock this

Yeah it was the tutorials that i needed to finish it off, never would hav thought they are story related anyway cheers bobo.

Myrmidont
10-05-2011, 09:07 AM
As far as confirmation for Cyborg goes, I had it in my shop list after beating the Tutorials, maybe it unlocks in the shop after completing those?

Bobo
10-05-2011, 10:22 AM
i thought that too and restarted a game on my wife's gamertag to check... it's not the tutorials but maybe halfway point through the missions when u get the halfway ach.?

Scrubber
10-05-2011, 09:17 PM
I have no idea what drugs i was previously spiked with but i flew through all the challenges with a breeze today. Must have been in a bad mood last time i tried them.

Gabriel XZ LIVE
10-06-2011, 08:31 PM
I finally finished the challenges in time! They are not impossible, but are pretty difficult

PS: DEATHMATCH 9 IS THE MOST ANOYING CHALLENGE EVER! IT TOOK ME 3 DAYS TO BEAT!

o D M C o
10-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Not trying to show off or anything but I didnt think any of the challenges were hard compared with the dlc for armageddon, I had to use youtube vids to do those. I was pleased Team17 didnt go overboard on difficulty because the loading times for this game are terrible. If I play online, I can join a lobby as the last player, then leave my living room, put the kettle on, go for a piss, then make a cup of tea and the game still hasnt loaded up.

Scrubber
10-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Deathmatch challenges are much harder than the normal ones. I'm really struggling with 7. Any tips?

RaccoonNinja28
10-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Any tips for Deathmatch 9? It's starting to get annoying.

Scrubber
10-09-2011, 10:32 AM
I can't find any strategy videos anywhere. Could somebody make some?

I cannot complete deathmatch challenges 7, 9 or 10 in the time limit.

Hawaiian
10-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Tips for Deathmatch #7:

In the cave at the back of the map (shown in the intro) is a crate that contains a Concrete Donkey - one of the most powerful weapons in WUM.

Make sure to kill the 2 worms on the large rocks in your first few turns with the baseball bat. (Use Jetpacks to reach them)

Place a dynamite next to the Worm sitting on the left wall so that he falls into the water.

Kill the remaining Worms with Bazookas and Shotgun.
Collect crates (they often contain powerful weapons such as Holy Handgrenades, Sheeps, etc.)

And you need some luck as well. I managed to beat it on my 4th try in 10:59 min ;)

Scrubber
10-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I already know about the concrete donkey and i do kill the two worms on the 2 large rocks first. I'm doomed.

Hawaiian
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
I already know about the concrete donkey and i do kill the two worms on the 2 large rocks first. I'm doomed.

Just keep on trying. Sometimes enemys make mistakes as well (in my game an enemy Worm killed himself because he failed to use the sheep). And always try to make the enemies fall into the water.

I'm currently stuck at Death Match #9. Any tips would be really appreciated.

Scrubber
10-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks, i've done 7.
9 is the only one i have left and i can't do it.

Bobo
10-10-2011, 09:05 PM
i finally beat mission 9 in time by using gas and poison early on to get worms sick and then focusing on the non-sick worms each turn while the sick ones lost health through the poison

Goots 88
10-11-2011, 04:46 PM
When you say challenges, does that include the Worms 3D Survival Challenges??? (Please say no, please say no.... they are impossible)

Hawaiian
10-11-2011, 04:54 PM
When you say challenges, does that include the Worms 3D Survival Challenges??? (Please say no, please say no.... they are impossible)

No, only the regular (former Worms 4 Mayhem) challenges count.

rick'ed
10-17-2011, 11:45 AM
in reference to the cyborg character i believe you have to finish the tutorials and earn the 'slide into first' and 'pimp my worm' achievements as mine appeared after i had done all these

Ganashatru
11-03-2011, 09:35 PM
I've completed everything, yet the "Kitchen Sink" doesn't appear. Do I've to buy Alien Breed in order to get this, since the Loyalty Items can only be obtained by doing so?

Hawaiian
11-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I've completed everything, yet the "Kitchen Sink" doesn't appear. Do I've to buy Alien Breed in order to get this, since the Loyalty Items can only be obtained by doing so?

No, the loyalty items are not required. Make sure to complete the tutorial as well.

Axel 360
04-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Does anyone knows the requisites for everything to be unlocked on the shop?