PDA

View Full Version : It's...over...

myjillvalentine
09-29-2011, 10:16 PM
So I just finished Professional and 1000'd the game, not here to brag or anything.

I have to say it was a HUGE step up from Resident Evil 5, and some parts had me so defeated mentally I was livid, but I pushed through and got that worthwhile 150GS which finished the game and unlocked me some goodies that I wont be going back again for. xXD

If there's any of you still trying, I'd gladly offer tips that helped me through it.

Edit; Is there any way I can get added to the games Leaderboards on here, being sixth and all?

crispykiller96
09-29-2011, 11:02 PM
what guns are the best to keep and upgrade mate im having trouble choosing what guns are the best alos im taking every area slowly and killing everything to get all the ammo and treasure but at times im losing more ammo and time this way any stratigys mate thanks

Joe

TVthePunisher
09-29-2011, 11:45 PM
To get on the leaderboards, you have to go to this thread and post:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232482

Follow the guidelines here, they're clear and to the point. Once you're ready, post what you need to and wait for the team to get you synced with the site. When it's all ready, you'll see yourself on the leaderboards of any games you've played.

Do note: It doesn't matter who completes the game first and is apart of the leaderboard, people are listed alphabetical. So you could have a gamercard that starts with S and be the first person in the world to complete a game...as soon as others complete it, your number will likely change to suit the alphabetical order. So look at it instead that you're apart of the completion group, nobody in particular is ranked above you if the both of you have high gamerscore...just count yourself proud to be amongst those who have finished it! =)

macgyver893
09-29-2011, 11:52 PM
What do you think the top 3 hardest parts were for you?

As long as I can manage my money the same way I did on my normal playthrough, I should be good on my Professional. I have the Red9, Striker, and Bolt-action sniper all Exclusived and the Broken Butterfly fully upgraded but not Exclusived yet (not available). I'm in 5-2, the part right after crashing the truck with Ashley driving. I also still have 3 tri-color herb bottles left, 6 hand grenades, and 6 first aid sprays.

myjillvalentine
09-30-2011, 12:24 AM
what guns are the best to keep and upgrade mate im having trouble choosing what guns are the best alos im taking every area slowly and killing everything to get all the ammo and treasure but at times im losing more ammo and time this way any stratigys mate thanks

Joe

I used the Red9 as my main weapon until the blacktail and Broken Butterfly became available, I'd use the semi-auto rifle for archers and Regenerators/Maidens.
I'd use the shotgun for 'It' to keep off the pressure and for crowds.
Don't kill everything, shoot them in the knees then knife.

What do you think the top 3 hardest parts were for you?

As long as I can manage my money the same way I did on my normal playthrough, I should be good on my Professional. I have the Red9, Striker, and Bolt-action sniper all Exclusived and the Broken Butterfly fully upgraded but not Exclusived yet (not available). I'm in 5-2, the part right after crashing the truck with Ashley driving. I also still have 3 tri-color herb bottles left, 6 hand grenades, and 6 first aid sprays.

If you have a nice amount of ammo on hand, I'd say you're set.
You can beat 'It' with only the rocket launcher and a shotgun shell.
And Krauser can go down with just a knife with no damage, this is crucial as 5-4 tore me to shreds before I reloaded my save before 'IT' and conserved my healing items and ammo during that and Krauser.
Hardest parts for me were, Chapter Three's Water Room, the Regenerators in 5-1/2 and Chapter 5-4 as whole, all the other parts were a cakewalk.

To get on the leaderboards, you have to go to this thread and post:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232482

Follow the guidelines here, they're clear and to the point. Once you're ready, post what you need to and wait for the team to get you synced with the site. When it's all ready, you'll see yourself on the leaderboards of any games you've played.

Do note: It doesn't matter who completes the game first and is apart of the leaderboard, people are listed alphabetical. So you could have a gamercard that starts with S and be the first person in the world to complete a game...as soon as others complete it, your number will likely change to suit the alphabetical order. So look at it instead that you're apart of the completion group, nobody in particular is ranked above you if the both of you have high gamerscore...just count yourself proud to be amongst those who have finished it! =)

Thank you! ^^
Yes, I'm proud very much so for just 1000'ing this amazing game.

justinman114
09-30-2011, 01:22 AM
it can't really be a step UP from resi5 considering it came out about 5-6 years before it. more like resi5 blew compared to this game.

JuSt BLaZe
09-30-2011, 04:12 AM
Edit; Is there any way I can get added to the games Leaderboards on here, being sixth and all?

Besides you can go for a SPEEDRUN and try to beat my time if you have nothing else to do (since I saw your Hardcore Run on Fallout New Vegas). :p I'm currently on Worldrank #20 with a time of 03:46'47'' on NORMAL difficulty.

About the leaderboards, EXACTLY THIS!

You can sign up the 1000 Club Leaderboards though if you want to. :)

--> Resident Evil 4 HD 1000 Club (Click for Link!) (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=331744)

--> Sign-Up Retail 1000 Clubs (Click for Link!) (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=293795)

xCGIx PUNISHER
09-30-2011, 06:56 AM
I think that you can pretty much just take the hardest part from your Normal run and translate that to your Professional run. The house defense part is extremely difficult in both playthroughs. Del Lago was kind of a pain for me on professional for some reason. It just seemed like he was much smarter about when to pop out of the water and how to drag you into the logs.

But having Ashley's armor suit makes things MUCH easier on pro. Just have her wait right where all the enemies are coming and they'll go after her instead of you. Allowing you to just pick off enemies from a distance. You can also use her as cover against archers.

damessmeister
10-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I wish would've known about the Ashley's armor before hand would've saved me a ton of headaches

shadowgiest
10-12-2011, 03:06 AM
After i beat pro i sold my fully upgraded red9 and riot gun, and all the treasures from 1-1 up to 3-3 and got the Chicago typewriter... lol

papagapiou
10-12-2011, 03:15 AM
i'm having a blast going through this again. i'd have to say the worst part on professional, personally, was the Krauser fight

xCGIx PUNISHER
10-12-2011, 03:25 AM
i'm having a blast going through this again. i'd have to say the worst part on professional, personally, was the Krauser fight

YES! When I made my previous post it was before I even got to the cabin. But for some reason the cabin on pro was 2x easier for me then it was on Normal. Then I died like 20+ times in the Krauser fight, because I had no healing items and could not get the knife thing to work. I mean I wasn't even close to beating him for the first 23 ot so attempts then all of a sudden, I aimed a little lower and beat him without even getting touched.

shadowgiest
10-12-2011, 03:34 AM
The Krauser fight was easy compared to the damn Novistadors. mainly when you had to flip the two light switches in the caves while they gang rape you with limited ammo and flash grenades...

Gor1lla
10-12-2011, 05:51 AM
The easiest way to beat Krauser with the knife is to run past him in the beginning and take a right (where the second emblem is).Evade his attack and he should backflip into a corner where you can knife him constantly

a7x4lyf3
10-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Yep I got all 1000 few weeks ago as well, felt amazing to earn achievements for Resident evil 4, just wish there were more than 12...