PDA

View Full Version : WTH?? This isnt BF3

xDEATHDEALERSxx
09-30-2011, 12:06 AM
This is not Battlefield, it is Medal of Honor. Am I the only one who is extremely dissappointed in this? EA has been hyping this game up to be the best FPS, and "Battlefield", and to me it is not either one. It is Medal of Honor 2. :( I am at a loss for words when "trying" to play this BETA. EA has had how long to put together the proper servers for this game? The servers are this way EVERY TIME a Battlefield game BETA, Demo, or game launches. EA expects millions to buy their game, play their game, and enjoy their game, but you cannot do any of those because of their very poor customer service, and very very poor customer support.

Will they get it fixed? Doubtful. Only patches at launch will be available.

Will it still ship out on October 25? Hopefully not. BFBC2, or BFBC (I cannot remember which one) was delayed for several months, and for good reasons, it needed to be fixed.

Will I still buy it? Yes. Because Im an idiot :nana

AFreakinCabbag3
09-30-2011, 12:21 AM
If its delayed even 2 weeks I'd expect a large chunk of sales to be lost, so I can't see it happening.

Even tho this may be a test run/feedback session its not the best ways to show off a product your trying to sell.

Considering all I ever hear is it will look amazing they have quite a few things to fix for that.

namepending
09-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Honestly I keep hearing this and it's bugging me enough to post here, Is operation metor the best map? hell no! but they picked this map because it shows outdoor open combat, close quarters combat, and then some multi level combat, all in one level. They obviously picked this map for that reason, when the game comes out playing caspian border you will change your mind damn quick.

xDEATHDEALERSxx
09-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Its not just the map...Its the whole gameplay thing...Its doesnt play like Battlefield. It plays more like MoH, and CoD

fastNcurious
09-30-2011, 12:37 AM
I haven't been able to get into a beta game yet cuz of the servers, but if it does feel like MoH then I think it's a good thing. I thought the mutiplayer was enjoyable, smooth controls and gameplay. It would've been great if it had more support, more maps, and a little more polish.

namepending
09-30-2011, 12:37 AM
That is because there aren't any vehicles yet, the infantry combat is similar, but I still think it feels like battlefield, and I'm glad that battlefield 3 has nice infantry combat as well as the awesome vehicle combat that we all know is coming.

xDEATHDEALERSxx
09-30-2011, 12:41 AM
That is because there aren't any vehicles yet, the infantry combat is similar, but I still think it feels like battlefield, and I'm glad that battlefield 3 has nice infantry combat as well as the awesome vehicle combat that we all know is coming.
I am sure it is, well at least I hope it is :confused: I am sure being able to use the vehicles will make it better

Dz06lt
09-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Its not just the map...Its the whole gameplay thing...Its doesnt play like Battlefield. It plays more like MoH, and CoD

Yep i noticed this as well it seems to have turned into a "twitch" shooter all the BF fanboys bitch about. I mean in BFBC2 it takes skill to kill someone in this all you gotta do it hit someone on the leg or arm and bam dead. As for the graphics i too and VERy disapointed :(. Still buying if course because i know that the SP will be amazing

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 12:55 AM
I've managed to play exactly two rounds before having to deal with "The connection with EA Online was lost" bullshit and I must say that I'm not impressed. I enjoy the Battlefield franchise immensely, even if it is an EA product, but this simply doesn't feel like another BF game. It feels more like a shitty version of MOH or an inferior COD. I realize that this is just a Beta, but if it's even a rough idea of what's to come, then I'll be canceling my reservation. Don't take this is a complaint against the game, it's just my opinion and with a limited amount of disposable income, I'd like to spend my money where I think I'll get the most enjoyment.

TheUglyCasanova
09-30-2011, 01:06 AM
You do realize that they gave us infantry only map to lure in CoD fanboys right?

The other maps will have jets and all that other goodness...assuming EA can get their shitty servers to work right.

twinkie
09-30-2011, 01:07 AM

this. i won't pass judgement 'til i get some vehicles

GO Pency Prep
09-30-2011, 01:09 AM
You do realize that they gave us infantry only map to lure in CoD fanboys right?

Exactly. It's smart. They're just trying to win over some of the CoD crowd.

Everyone needs to settle down. First off, it's a beta - they do this to work out kinks and bugs. Second, we all know EA is fuck awful and can't launch a game worth shit - be patient, give it a little time.

It's an all-infantry map in an enclosed area, thats why it feels like CoD. THere was an LAV for the atacking team in Alpha on the first set, btw - and it was awesome.

I've been plying since tuesday, hard. Here's my stats
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/GO%20Pency%20Prep/stats/186152733/xbox/

Its fun, I love it. Im going to love it when I can squad up with my delta force squad that ran shit in BFBC2. Everyone needs to just settle down and quit whining.

Also, btw, i fucking HAATED MoH

TheUglyCasanova
09-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Exactly. It's smart. They're just trying to win over some of the CoD crowd.

Everyone needs to settle down. First off, it's a beta - they do this to work out kinks and bugs. Second, we all know EA is fuck awful and can't launch a game worth shit - be patient, give it a little time.

It's an all-infantry map in an enclosed area, thats why it feels like CoD. THere was an LAV for the atacking team in Alpha on the first set, btw - and it was awesome.

I've been plying since tuesday, hard. Here's my stats
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/GO%20Pency%20Prep/stats/186152733/xbox/

Its fun, I love it. Im going to love it when I can squad up with my delta force squad that ran shit in BFBC2. Everyone needs to just settle down and quit whining.

Also, btw, i fucking HAATED MoH

Damn you have played hard lol. Is the UMP actually good in this game? Some games it's utter shit (Counter-strike) and some games it's awesome (CoD where it's glitched and silencer doesn't reduce range).

Suiken
09-30-2011, 01:24 AM
I've actually been really happy with the demo. I haven't quite understood what all the crying is about...

GO Pency Prep
09-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Damn you have played hard lol. Is the UMP actually good in this game? Some games it's utter shit (Counter-strike) and some games it's awesome (CoD where it's glitched and silencer doesn't reduce range).

Yeah, it's actually really good - at least I can say it's good in this map (ie good at close quarters). The reason I used to so much though is that it belongs to a group of weapons referred to as PDW's which are 'all-kit' weapons (as in any kit can use them) -- and the first two unlocks with the engineer kit are the stinger (anti air rocket) and the AT mine (anti-vehicle mine)...and because there are no vehicles in Op Metro it was left me with little incentive to play the engineer kit...until I hit level 14 (I think) and unlocked the UMP...then I had a good weapon with which is blaze through the engineer kit, until I unlocked the SCAR (which is even better).

The next thing I unlock is the EOD Bot for engineer...so stoked to see it in action, Im only like 5-6k away from it too

The Bum-Mobile
09-30-2011, 04:35 AM
It is Medal of Honor with a BF skin. My fanboy of a friend scolds me when I say even the slightest error, but he's wrong. I enjoy it I guess, but the game needs to be FIXED big time.

MediumMelanin
09-30-2011, 08:06 AM
I don't like that fact that it's "Rush", I mean "Conquest" is what makes the game a "Battlefield" game! Don't worry, I'm sure, NO! I'm POSITIVE that the game will look better, run smoother and will be greater!

PS - I've never played "MoH", is this really how it plays? Feels to me like an improved Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer. I've never played Battlefield 2, but I have played Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, and the controls are different, giving it that different "feeling." Anyway, like I said, the game will kick major ass with Conquest and brand new maps!

Burnout x360a
09-30-2011, 08:19 AM
It does feel a bit more like Medal of Honor than Bad Co. 2 in my opinion.

As for BF2, well we will see if the PC crowd think BF3 is a worthy successor.

xX Rom Xx
09-30-2011, 08:22 AM
Whilst I'm a little disappointed, Im putting it down to being beta. And hoping the retail version is better.
I've still enjoyed playing it, there's a few bugs, but not much worse than Black Ops when it launched. So i have hope still :)

I loved BF2 on PC. This feels similar, but smaller teams, and ofc no vehicles yet. Obviously looks better, MOH plays similar too i think. But I already prefer BF3 over MOH.
I've pre ordered MW3, and I'll pre order this. I hope to play this more though, as Cod really is new money for old rope. Hell in MW2 they even resold some bloody MW maps!

Vigor
09-30-2011, 08:25 AM

The other maps will have jets and all that other goodness...assuming EA can get their shitty servers to work right.

You will always be stuck with map rotations, meaning you are forced to play the shitty maps as well unless you want to hassle and quit out at the beginning of a match.

Burnout x360a
09-30-2011, 08:41 AM
I see they put K/D on the scoreboard in game rather like MoH which is not a good move imo. Should have left it at points.

Barad
09-30-2011, 09:56 AM
I fucking hated Medal of Honor, terrible game..this I like though! they need to fix their bugs and sort out their servers though!

PhantomNemesis
09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
From what I can tell, it's definitely down to the map. I don't know how many of you know Totalbiscuit (YouTube, MineCraft demigod), but I was watching his PC beta of Caspian, and he went from being unimpressed on Metro to loving Caspian Border like a child. It's probably also down to Caspian being Conquest, and I'm sure Conquest is going to be the game type to play when released, it's by far superior to the others from my perspective.

For those of you interested in the Totalbiscuit video:

► Battlefield 3 Beta - Caspian Border - Part 1 (vehicles, jets, joy) - YouTube

Burnout x360a
09-30-2011, 11:46 AM
From what I can tell, it's definitely down to the map. I don't know how many of you know Totalbiscuit (YouTube, MineCraft demigod), but I was watching his PC beta of Caspian, and he went from being unimpressed on Metro to loving Caspian Border like a child. It's probably also down to Caspian being Conquest, and I'm sure Conquest is going to be the game type to play when released, it's by far superior to the others from my perspective.

For those of you interested in the Totalbiscuit video:

► Battlefield 3 Beta - Caspian Border - Part 1 (vehicles, jets, joy) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ndz13zUms)

Watched his videos yesterday and damn Caspian Border is beautiful on the PC.

Blue Of Hearts
09-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Is it bad for Battlefield too get a change? I mean, BC2 had some HORRIBLE glitches, and it felt REALLY clunky. Jumping over obstacles, getting stuck on everything.. it was a terrible game in that aspect. That's why 300 000 people still play Black Ops too this day. Even though it's crap-ola.

You gotta understand where EA is coming from.. They need to attract everyone, and not just BF fans, either. This game in my opinion is far more fast paced (SO far, from what I've played) then BC2. What's so bad about change?

And another thing.. what the heck was so bad about MoH? The gameplay and graphics were awesome! Just poorly built maps, with not enough time put into it. Battle field 3 feels like what MoH should have been, and I was hyped for MoH, but when I realized how unbalanced things were, I was disappointed..

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 03:11 PM
That video of Caspian Sea makes me kind of sad that I'm a console gamer, but on the other hand, that is a big f'ing map!!! I can't imagine dying and not having a squad to spawn on. That could make for some long delays to get back into the action! Overall, very nice though!

Burnout x360a
09-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Is it bad for Battlefield too get a change? I mean, BC2 had some HORRIBLE glitches, and it felt REALLY clunky.

Bad Company 2 had clunky controls because it runs at 30fps on consoles. The PC version is a lot smoother.

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Bad Company 2 had clunky controls because it runs at 30fps on consoles. The PC version is a lot smoother.

What is their excuse for BF 1943 having clunky controls???

Burnout x360a
09-30-2011, 03:27 PM
What is their excuse for BF 1943 having clunky controls???

I didn't find 1943 to have clunky controls myself, thought it was a lot smoother. Not sure what that game runs at though.

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 04:28 PM
I didn't find 1943 to have clunky controls myself, thought it was a lot smoother. Not sure what that game runs at though.

I found that the FPS controls were borderline unbearable which is why I spent so much time flying. I use to love strafing peeps and bombing enemy vehicles. It was almost an art in that game!

FoxRacing1234
09-30-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't like it at all so far. So far, I think the shooting the weapons was better in BC2. I'm very annoyed. I'm used to being able to shoot in bursts but the gun pops up when I try to. It's stupid that in order for the LMG to be more accurate, you have to lay on the ground and use the bipod. This was a big turn off but I guess we'll see how the final product is.

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't like it at all so far. So far, I think the shooting the weapons was better in BC2. I'm very annoyed. I'm used to being able to shoot in bursts but the gun pops up when I try to. It's stupid that in order for the LMG to be more accurate, you have to lay on the ground and use the bipod. This was a big turn off but I guess we'll see how the final product is.

I think that the recoil is more realistic in this game, and you have to admit that a LMG should be more accurate when being fired with a bipod from the prone position. I like that there is a grip available to help fight the recoil with assault rifles.

xXx3NIGM4xXx
09-30-2011, 07:16 PM
I never played the new Medal of Honor, but the controls for this game are probably some of the smoothest I've ever played. Everything seems fine to me so far. I'm gonna hop on there right now and see if I can find something to complain about. ;)

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 07:21 PM
I never played the new Medal of Honor, but the controls for this game are probably some of the smoothest I've ever played. Everything seems fine to me so far. I'm gonna hop on there right now and see if I can find something to complain about. ;)

"Smoothest?" Really! I need to come play on your console because the "beta" I've been playing is anything but smooth! :p

xXx3NIGM4xXx
09-30-2011, 07:45 PM
"Smoothest?" Really! I need to come play on your console because the "beta" I've been playing is anything but smooth! :p

Dude, I'm not kidding. It feels very...smooth! Ha, it's the only way I can describe it. The controls are very, loose, I guess? But I actually really like that. In Call of Duty, I guess they feel tight...? I love the control of this game 5x more than CoD. I do have those sticks, FPS Freaks I believe. Maybe that has something to do with it?

xDEATHDEALERSxx
09-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Well it would be nice if I could get in a game again............Wonderful Servers EA!!!

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Dude, I'm not kidding. It feels very...smooth! Ha, it's the only way I can describe it. The controls are very, loose, I guess? But I actually really like that. In Call of Duty, I guess they feel tight...? I love the control of this game 5x more than CoD. I do have those sticks, FPS Freaks I believe. Maybe that has something to do with it?

You are correct when you say COD feels tight, and that's pretty much how I like my controls. Oh well. I'll either get used to it or play a different game!

Burnout x360a
10-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I found that the FPS controls were borderline unbearable which is why I spent so much time flying. I use to love strafing peeps and bombing enemy vehicles. It was almost an art in that game!

Oh the flying controls were smooth as anything, it felt so natural to use the planes :p

Unfortunately BF on console has almost always suffered from clunky controls and sluggish movement.

CGPsaint
10-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Oh the flying controls were smooth as anything, it felt so natural to use the planes :p

Unfortunately BF on console has almost always suffered from clunky controls and sluggish movement.

I love the BF franchise, but this has always been my beef with them. I liked the controls on Nintendo 64 games (with 1 analog stick) better than I like BF controls!

Darth Grif55
10-01-2011, 06:21 PM

It plays exactly like Bad Company 2 to me. I don't see why you're complaining.

TpYourHouse
10-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Despite it feeling like MoH I still enjoy it. I've got it on PC and Xbox. My only gripe is that I want the guys at Nvidia to tweak the GPU Driver/DICE to tweak the game so my graphics card can run it more erm... smoothly. Too many bugs/glitches on the Xbox version for me so I've been playing it on PC, not that the PC version doesn't have a shit ton of problems. (I would like some V-sync).....

xDEATHDEALERSxx
10-01-2011, 06:47 PM
It plays exactly like Bad Company 2 to me. I don't see why you're complaining.
It plays nothing like BFBC2, get a smaller signature;)

fax5jrj
10-01-2011, 11:48 PM
This is just a beta. It's not the final product.

With that said, they need to vastly improve it if they want it to be as good as they promised it was gonna be.

First of all, it's impossible to get into games with friends. They either lag out or are placed into separate games. I mean, what the hell?!

Second, the gameplay is OK at best. The arming doesn't even work for a couple seconds sometimes, the game is really choppy, the frame rate sucks and it flashes randomly.

Third, the graphics are a step down from BFBC2.

I can't see them fixing this in the next month. What the hell DICE? I hope I'm wrong about this game, but it seems in trouble.

SuperchargedNL
10-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I really like this BETA. Running through the subway station with your squad with bullets impacting around you and stuff exploding everywhere is EPIC!!!

Sure, there are quite a few bugs, but this is an older build.
DICE already said they have a way better (internal) build and I'm sure the retail game will be great!

People should just stop trying to play this like CoD, or BFBC2, or even Battlefield 2 for that matter. It's none of these games, it's a totally new part in the BF franchise and it has evolved, whether you like it or not.
They took parts from those games and created something that might possibly be enjoyable for players of all of those games.

So people should stop complaining because it doesn't feel like their game, just enjoy it for what it is (a great game imho) or leave it...

My only annoyance with this game is the control scheme; why can't they put crouch/prone on the B-button? As it is, in firefights I sometimes crouch when all hell breaks loose, just because I grip my controller too tight... :(

Mongolian Beef
10-02-2011, 05:04 PM
This feels like MOH 2.0 :(

fastNcurious
10-02-2011, 05:17 PM
This feels like MOH 2.0 :(

After playing for almost 4 days now, I was going to say the same thing. And it's not just the gameplay; it's even in the way the ribbons are displayed during the game, the was certain text shows up,...subtle things. I think MoH last year was like a working draft in preparation for BF3.

rc deaths agent
10-02-2011, 05:59 PM
It plays exactly like Bad Company 2 to me. I don't see why you're complaining. I agree as far as infantry combat goes. Well maybe not exactly but i felt right at home as soon as i started playing the beta. And imo the aiming is actually better...fine tuned if you will from bc2.

Add vehichles and awesome conquest games and this is gonna be epic!!

Infernal
10-02-2011, 07:39 PM
The beta is horrible! I am extremely disappointed in this DICE! :(

SuperchargedNL
10-02-2011, 08:14 PM
The beta is horrible! I am extremely disappointed in this DICE! :( Great argumentation!

IVIR BLOBBY
10-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I know where your coming from i thought this.

But you need to unlock more guns for each kit & each team then it feels alot more like BF3. i dont like each team having different guns either its stupid i just want to use the kit i want with the gun i want dont make me use a rubbish gun.

the running gets better when you hit level 1 & unloack sprint then it feels smoother. once you unlock more kit it feels more like BF3.

its slow to start & difficult, all made worse by playing the same map with a bucnh of high levels who have played this map 100 times already.

Soldier on & you'll enjoy it more

The problem is why make a game so hared to initially get into, you have to take the initiative to enjoy it if your a Cod player or if your an avid basher of BC2 like me. (300 hours ftw) :P

AFreakinCabbag3
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Soldier on & you'll enjoy it more

It became a bit more bareable once I got the SV98, I just want the UMP (I picked someones up and its amazing) then I'll never use another gun again.

Cooljoe
10-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Well, I agree, the same feeling as moh, but not the same engine or even gameplay for that matter.

Benny34
10-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Lolololol then dont get it.

Poppygalaxy
10-19-2011, 09:04 PM
It's ok you don't feel like its an Battlefield game. But the title, damn.
Unless you played the wrong beta, it Battlefield 3

Whether you like it or not.

SlapCheekMOMBO
10-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Honestly if they just pushed it back a month and kept us busy with a nice juicy mc2 mappack id be happy :)
bc2ww1? That would be new

upindat
10-20-2011, 01:00 PM
I totally agree!!! I was very pissed after playing this beta. It had medal of honor written all over it!!!! The colors and the way you moved. I sure hope they fix all this crap before it comes out. I will buy it for sure but crossing my fingers.

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I totally agree!!! I was very pissed after playing this beta. It had medal of honor written all over it!!!! The colors and the way you moved. I sure hope they fix all this crap before it comes out. I will buy it for sure but crossing my fingers.
Have you read anything online about BF3 in the month of October? Judging by your post, I'd say not.

exo-apollo
10-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Have you read anything online about BF3 in the month of October? Judging by your post, I'd say not.

It will continue forever. Once again I say it, we were being tested by DICE. Only the truly faithful will be rewarded.

CGPsaint
10-20-2011, 02:07 PM
It's ok you don't feel like its an Battlefield game. But the title, damn.
Unless you played the wrong beta, it Battlefield 3

Whether you like it or not.

Sarcastic post is sarcastic. And true.

It will continue forever. Once again I say it, we were being tested by DICE. Only the truly faithful will be rewarded.

So, basically what you are saying is that the BF3 Rapture will be on the 25th?

exo-apollo
10-20-2011, 03:14 PM

Yeah or it's like the button in the hatch, you gotta keep believing and pressing it. Because if you don't, a plane will crash.

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 03:18 PM
I totally agree with this. This thought has existed in the back of my head since the beta ended, and I've never been able to put it into words. I have to give DICE credit for being ballsy enough to put quality over sales.

CGPsaint
10-20-2011, 07:14 PM
I totally agree with this. This thought has existed in the back of my head since the beta ended, and I've never been able to put it into words. I have to give DICE credit for being ballsy enough to put quality over sales.

I was one of the skeptical ones. It's not that I had a beef with the graphics and glitches so much as I didn't like the feel. The way that the game handled. I stuck it out though and the game grew on me.