PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to Tackle?

RossyBoy92
09-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Before any of you start saying I'm shit at the game I'm not. Is it me or does the computer avoid near enough every tackle you do, plus tactical defending is useless but when you change back to the old defending it doesn't work as well as it used to. EA have ruined a good game!

Maynard EFC93
09-30-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't seem to have a problem with tackling and the new defending on the highest difficulty :S, I think its an improvement on the old style defending.

Bushybob
09-30-2011, 12:40 PM
I will say it takes some getting used to but stick with it and it will come. best general advice for this years game is realise when defending you are not necessarily trying to win the ball but just to obstruct and get men in between play and the goal, just make the forwards life hard. stick at this and they will generally make a poor pass/shot which results in you getting the ball. This game is much slower paced imo, when defending accept you are defending until you get the ball. play position rather than chase the ball. couple of little tips, slide tackling is now back, in fifa 11 it was so hard to do cleanly that it was largely not used, it is now much easier so use it.
Last option would be use the back button, this gives you control of the GK and leaves defend to AI who are relatively decent. Goalkeeping however imo is more difficult this year. personally wouldn't recommend it though as anyone decent enough with dance around an AI defence.
One last thing, watch goals you concede on replay, try to see realise what you did wrong. yes they may have got lucky with the ball bouncing off a deflection but why was the shooter allowed that much space in the first place. You'll learn more watching goals against you than goals for you.

I'll stop rambling now :)

Starkweather
09-30-2011, 12:49 PM
It will take time to get used to it, i usually contain then try and place tackle at right time.

On World Class i am losing a lot and finding it hard but if i turn difficulty down its too easy so i will just try and get used to it whilst conceding goals :p