PDA

View Full Version : Loose sticks

Qavala
09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
I've decided part of my problem with this game is the fact my analogue sticks are very slightly loose, and therefore it is impossible for me to stand still/keep my aimer still. It doesn't affect any other game. I even plugged in another controller and it still does the same. This game is extremely hit or miss, i've had one good game, where it felt my bullets actually done some damage, every other time, it's like I have a water pistol. Literally just was behind a guy lying prone, I put in about 8-9 bullets in his back, burst firing, hit marker was there all the time. He turned around, killed me in about 2 bullets. His health? 94%. What the fuck is this game?

StolenPaper18
09-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Are they very loose or slightly loose? :p Just messing with you.

My bullets always do the amount of damage I expect them to...I'm not sure why you are having problems with it :(

CGPsaint
09-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Are you moving your analog sticks when the game is loading? I know that in the past some games have "centered" your sticks during the loading phase and if you were twiddling your sticks during the time it would show when the game started. Just a thought.

Qavala
09-30-2011, 04:40 PM
aha nah they are just slightly loose, just comes with normal play i'm sure you know what I mean. It's noticable, i'm not sayign hes running aroudn the map on his own or anything but it is very annoying. I dunno if your accuracy decreases when moving...but it sure as fuck feel like it.

StolenPaper18
09-30-2011, 04:42 PM
aha nah they are just slightly loose, just comes with normal play i'm sure you know what I mean. It's noticable, i'm not sayign hes running aroudn the map on his own or anything but it is very annoying. I dunno if your accuracy decreases when moving...but it sure as fuck feel like it.

Yea I know what you mean about the sticks. I usually just buy a new controller when it starts to happen as it is VERY annoying in certain games. I'm pretty sure your accuracy does get more sloppy while moving.

InsaneKane87
09-30-2011, 05:09 PM

Maybe its not you and its the game, because im having the exact same issue. I notice ill move left or right slowly. I think the controls are way to sensitive, I almost feel like im standing on a water bed.

xKRAIZEEMANx
09-30-2011, 05:14 PM
I have a similar issue, if not, in fact, the same one. My left analog stick is, by default, slightly "up", and any game I play causes me to drift in that direction. I constantly have to hit "down" slightly in order to neutralize this effect. Any form of intricate movement, and it gets frustrating quickly. Time for a new controller!!!

Blue Of Hearts
09-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Controls are perfectly fine for me.. Must just mean that you guys are terrible. Haha, just kidding.

Don't know why people are having so much problems with this game.

InsaneKane87
09-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Controls are perfectly fine for me.. Must just mean that you guys are terrible. Haha, just kidding.

Don't know why people are having so much problems with this game.

I also notice times when I try to run the character wont run, or when I click left trigger to aim down the sights its not aiming down the sights.

PeriodPain
09-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Confirm. My caracter drifts horizontally when at rest, especially this is noticable when prone

MediumMelanin
09-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I get that sometimes too, I'm like, "I unloaded a fucking magazine on you and you didn't die! Oh, wait! You turn around and kill me in four shots!? WTF! GTFO! His health is 80%+" >.> Fix this shit, DICE. I mean, seriously, how the hell is hardcore mode gonna work?

xX Rom Xx
10-01-2011, 11:34 AM
My controllers seem to do this after 6 months or so. The left stick wanders. Can't notice it really until you ADS and still. Then I notice it drifting even though my I've released left stick. It's real slow, but very annoying, and makes long shots almost impossible.

A friend suggested a little oil (cooking/3in1 etc) on the ball part, but made no difference.

I'll buy another new one in time for BF3 and MW3 :(

CGPsaint
10-01-2011, 03:17 PM
I also notice times when I try to run the character wont run, or when I click left trigger to aim down the sights its not aiming down the sights.

Yeah, my dude doesn't want to run half the time I play. It's a tad bit boring walking to where you need to be on a large map.

MR MOO 69
10-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah, my dude doesn't want to run half the time I play. It's a tad bit boring walking to where you need to be on a large map.

ive found going to prone then clicking to sprint genraly works when this happens to me :)

Qavala
10-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Glad to see a few other people are having similiar problems. I agree that the sticks seem to sensetive. This is the only game I've had this problem with and tbh, I'm not really up for buying a new controller just so i can play this game...