PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Team

McMenemy
09-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I've not bought a new Fifa since Fifa 09 and will be picking up Fifa 12 at the weekend.

I was wondering if someone could explain what the Ultimate Team feature is. I see there's mention of purchasing packs - do they charge you MS points?

Thanks in advance

Nuclearbiscuit
09-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi,

Ultimate team is a trading card game.

You buy packs and trade players with other plays through an auction system and build different squads.

You can buy packs using Microsoft points but you also can buy the packs using in-game coins which you earn by playing matches with your squad. The packs available are bronze, silver and gold. The packs contain random players and other items, such as balls and kits.

To earn in-game coins you must play / win matches with your squad, these matches can be against the CPU or online against other players Ultimate Teams.

Thatís a brief explanation of the packs but once you get going you will understand it all better, it can be quite addictive!

MxPx
09-30-2011, 06:45 PM
UT is quite fun. Frustrating at times, but fun.

M1 Punk
09-30-2011, 08:04 PM
The last Fifa game I played was 2007 on my cousins PS2 (I was a Pro Evo player before it went downhill after PES6) and I have to say I am really impressed with FIFA 12 and the Ultimate Team Mode. So much customization but it can be frustrating for newbies.

Makes sure you have enough players, I sold all my crappy ones and couldn't even play a match because I didn't have enough players :) Had to sell my best player to get some coins in order to buy a new card pack.

Besides that, your players can also be unavailable for use because of random injuries or expired contracts.

MxPx
09-30-2011, 08:11 PM
I wish contracts were a little longer. Seems like after every match I'm swapping out half my team with the club players due to contracts or injuries.

Went from a 65-62-64 to a 56-58-59 after one match, strictly from having to swap players. lol

McMenemy
09-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks guys. It sounds like a great little side game.

I played the demo and struggled a bit, but I'm sure I will get used to all of the new defensive controls. Looking forward to this game!

gazmaster1
09-30-2011, 08:33 PM
why do some cards shimmer regardless of the quality of player?

MxPx
09-30-2011, 09:56 PM
why do some cards shimmer regardless of the quality of player?

I believe they are the rare cards, since I have 3 rare cards according to my stats, and 3 bronze cards that are white and shimmer.

Nuclearbiscuit
09-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes, the cards which shimmer are rare cards.

There are 3 types of player card; normal, rare and in-form / team of the week.

The team of the week cards are also different, for gold cards they have a black background with a gold border and text.

GreyTemplar
09-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Hi,

Ultimate team is a trading card game.

You buy packs and trade players with other plays through an auction system and build different squads.

You can buy packs using Microsoft points but you also can buy the packs using in-game coins which you earn by playing matches with your squad. The packs available are bronze, silver and gold. The packs contain random players and other items, such as balls and kits.

To earn in-game coins you must play / win matches with your squad, these matches can be against the CPU or online against other players Ultimate Teams.

Thatís a brief explanation of the packs but once you get going you will understand it all better, it can be quite addictive!

Reminds me of the WCCF you could play in Japanese arcades based off the same principle. Except they were a bit more active in that they contained electronic information read by a sensor board the cards were placed on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Club_Champion_Football

neil_lien
10-01-2011, 03:25 AM
How do I change badge, and see what coaches I have (not manager)?

M1 Punk
10-01-2011, 05:23 AM
I think you got to go to "Club" and search for badges and replace it with one you bought at an auction.

Grey Delta
10-01-2011, 08:40 AM
The web app is a joke. ಠ_ಠ
http://i.imgur.com/Zt0vF.jpg

Tactical Tom
10-01-2011, 08:42 AM
I wish contracts were a little longer. Seems like after every match I'm swapping out half my team with the club players due to contracts or injuries.

Went from a 65-62-64 to a 56-58-59 after one match, strictly from having to swap players. lol

Even if you have Bronze Players I suggest buying Gold Shiny Contract Cards to assign to them at the moment.

You can get hold of Bronze Shiny Contract Cards for 200 Coins, but you can also get much better Gold Shiny Contract Cards for 300 Coins each, giving you loads more Games for your Coin expenditure.

I bought 13 Gold Shiny Contracts for 300 Coins each less than an hour ago.

Tactical Tom
10-01-2011, 08:44 AM
The web app is a joke. ಠ_ಠ
http://i.imgur.com/Zt0vF.jpg

I tried 5 minutes ago and the same happened to me, it's pathetic!

WoodsMonk
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
^^^ I've had that message since 7pm yesterday!

geoneo123
10-01-2011, 11:50 AM
^^^ I've had that message since 7pm yesterday!

I think they close the web down in order to keep the ingame UT working.

Its a shame because I could really use the web app now but cant due to some many people playing it on the console.

I hope they improve the service/servers soon!

Matt36
10-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Same issue here with the web app. I want to check my sales whilst watching todays football =/

MxPx
10-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Even if you have Bronze Players I suggest buying Gold Shiny Contract Cards to assign to them at the moment.

You can get hold of Bronze Shiny Contract Cards for 200 Coins, but you can also get much better Gold Shiny Contract Cards for 300 Coins each, giving you loads more Games for your Coin expenditure.

I bought 13 Gold Shiny Contracts for 300 Coins each less than an hour ago.

I got about 8 regular gold contracts yesterday for 300 a piece. Only saw a few rare gold contracts...first one was going for 11,750 coins (i lold), second one was 650, third one was about 450.