PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Penalty Shot Solo

Jiiri
04-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey guys....I read all of these posts, and figured I was gonna have to send this game back to Gamefly without the penalty shot achievement. My wife is out of town and I have no one to help me get this for a week or so. anyway, I got the game home today, followed the (great) guide in the forums, and got all but the penalty shot achievement.

I, like many of you, tried to do it by controlling both sides at the same time, and found it hard. Here's my tip: if you just skate back, then burst forward so that you pass the last defenseman....just hit X and wait. 9 out of 10 times they'll just get the puck from you, but eventually (in the first period, actually), they'll get a penalty. Make sure you have penalties maxed in the options menu as well.

Once you're on the penalty shot it's VERY easy to take one controller, hold the goalie all the way to the left (or right), then skate up slowly and position your guy to make the shot into the mostly open net. Took me 15 minutes for all 1000, completely solo.

Enjoy! Hope this helps a bit.

Jiiri

RalliArtEvo
04-12-2006, 12:19 PM
wish i would have read this as that's the only acheivment i did't get!! lol

Criminal Act
04-24-2006, 01:31 AM
Hey guys....I read all of these posts, and figured I was gonna have to send this game back to Gamefly without the penalty shot achievement. My wife is out of town and I have no one to help me get this for a week or so. anyway, I got the game home today, followed the (great) guide in the forums, and got all but the penalty shot achievement.

I, like many of you, tried to do it by controlling both sides at the same time, and found it hard. Here's my tip: if you just skate back, then burst forward so that you pass the last defenseman....just hit X and wait. 9 out of 10 times they'll just get the puck from you, but eventually (in the first period, actually), they'll get a penalty. Make sure you have penalties maxed in the options menu as well.

Once you're on the penalty shot it's VERY easy to take one controller, hold the goalie all the way to the left (or right), then skate up slowly and position your guy to make the shot into the mostly open net. Took me 15 minutes for all 1000, completely solo.

Enjoy! Hope this helps a bit.

Jiiri

Thanks for your help, thanks to you I got the achievement. :)

g4m3r7ag
04-24-2006, 02:09 AM
i tried what he said for like 3 games and never got it, seriously pissed me off but owell

Helacool360
04-24-2006, 02:21 AM
i tried what he said for like 3 games and never got it, seriously pissed me off but owell

Yea me 2:(

xx GLADIAT0R xx
04-24-2006, 11:53 PM
i tried this achievment for about an hour and a half with no success. I would get slashing every time but no penalty. Finally I turned the penalty sliders all the way DOWN, but the penalty shot slider all the way UP. I got it in about 10 minutes

Maka
04-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Great idea just turn the penalty shot slider way up and make no penalties.....

Criminal Act
04-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Yea me 2:(

Here's my advice:

Boost your stats to full and decrease the opponents stats to nothing. Make penalties full. Start the game up, give the puck to your fastest player on your team. Break through the opponents defence so you have a breakaway and hold X. The opponent will hook,slash or trip you thus resulting in a penaly shot. Hope this helps!

AdamVG-R
04-28-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm confused...am i meant to increase the options in the penalty menu to the right or to the left? And when a pen is called its a face-off for me, is that the same for everyone else?

AdamVG-R
04-28-2006, 09:57 PM
I think I can get penalty shots ok but actually scoring is a pain in the ass.