Did i miss something

IC3 L3G3ND

I started playing Gears of War 1 about 1 year after release and it grew on me really fast, i admit i got owned over and over till i picked up snipers and torque bow despite ppl moaning at me for sucking and eventually i got pretty good at the game.

I then picked up Gears of war 2 on midnight release and played it religiously for about a year and became really good.

I skipped the Gears of War 3 beta since i didn't want to play and unfinished game and possibly be put off the finished product due to other massive titles being release in a short amount of time.

I then pick up Gears of War 3 at midnight launch, beat the campaign as usual and then go online.

What on earth changed?

99% of ppl are just using lancers which make Amazing 1 vs 3 shotgun battles obsolete, used to love them when playing gears 2 as the last remaining person.

The sawn off shotgun might as well be a stack of C4 which results in instant death but has no affect on it's user as im sure i see an invisible bomb prevention vest in here somewhere.

I never have shotgun battles anymore just lancer vs lancer across the map or that magical C4 i mentioned, LMFAO

I am in no way complaining because of being OWNED by a sawn off, Again i admit it happened at first, i dealt with it used it myself and now i own with it

I love the game still but why did everyone move to rifles?

As a game originally designed and showcased as a stop and pop cover shooter, I always imagined it as a game where rifles were dominant and shotguns were used primarily in flanking. Shotgun rushing never made sense to me in that regard.

I'm sure there are still lots of "Hardcore" or "true" gears fans playing 2 and forever will be (like cod4 and other games like that), so if you ever need that fix you can always go back to it.

I think with Gears 3, the shotgun rush is much harder to do and, arguably, dead.

Sorry to hear it wasn't quite what you had expected.

The sawn off shotgun might as well be a stack of C4 which results in instant death but has no affect on it's user as im sure i see an invisible bomb prevention vest in here somewhere.

This part confuses me....:confused:

Why would a gun that you are using be made to hurt you in any way?

Basically, weapons (other than the Sawed-Off) are balanced now, putting more emphasis on cover, flanking, and using the right weapons at the right ranges. You can't just run around and exclusively use the Gnasher or you will get destroyed.

The Gnasher will almost never win a fight against any of the other four starting weapons if it's a half decent opponent that knows you are there. It's main purpose now is really to clean up when you've flanked or snuck up on someone. That's about the only thing it does better/faster then all the other weapons.

Edited by D.A.N.