PDA

View Full Version : Confused over game mechanics...

A_Hanson1992
09-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm not a bad player by any means, but i just don't get how this game works. I can score and create chances but i'm going wrong in the defence department somehow. I concede penalties when it's clearly not a foul, and i keep intercepting passes only to have them bounce off me and put my opponent through on goal. Also, whenever i'm in the opponent's box i get pushed and shoved to the floor but i can't get near the other person's players when he's in my box. Am I missing something here? I'm starting to not like this game...

MxPx
09-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Turn the difficulty down.

You have to pay close attention to your players...they'll pick the ball off out of thin air. Use the right-stick to get a first touch in...it helps. And try not to let your players bunch up on the ball. Work on 1 v 1 situations. Wait till the CPU player makes his move, then go. Don't try to predict his moves.

PKs do seem to be awfully prevalent in this game. I probably give one up every 2/3 games. Seems every time I pull the goalie out into the box he gets a PK.

A_Hanson1992
09-30-2011, 11:28 PM
No i mean online against other players

The Green Wing
10-01-2011, 07:30 PM
I have to agree with your sentiments. I hate the new defensive system and turned the legacy one on. However online against other people who can use it I just get owned.